Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi icecream, Can you give us a little more detail please,
Which airport did you fly to and what was the resort you were staying in on your golfing holiday ?
What was the name of the hotel you booked for your holiday and what was the hotel you actually ended up in ?
I'm sure some of the other members on here will be able to offer you some advice.
i think i would have said thank you very much for the 800euro
for the sake of 1 night . But if you feel that you need to take it further then
nothing ventured nothing gained. But thats only my thoughts .
As I understand it the 800€ was from Easy Jet because of changed flights. Nothing to do with the hotel. Was the hotel sold by Expedia as a hotel specifically for a golfing holiday or did you choose the hotel purely because it was situated on a golf course? If it was a golf holiday I would think you are entitled to some sort of refund as you did not receive what you had paid for i.e hotel situated right on the golf course and reduced green fees, plus you should get a refund for expenses entailed in getting to the golf course. If you just booked the hotel you may not be entitled to any sort of refund unless the hotel was of a lower standard.
Thanks for the replies.

Flew from Manchester to tenerife south.
Was informed thursday evening (4-6 PM) that we'd been overbooked for the saturday flight 8.20 PM and we were offered fridays 8.20 PM flight or mondays to EMA. Impact wise on the holiday we'd only had one practice session and 1 round so far and we had to cut a further 2 - 2.5 rounds out coming back early. Given that we paid just over £100 to get our clubs out there it was costly round.

800 euros is short of our holiday costs plus factor in the earlier airport return transport arrangements.

We picked the holiday hotel based on location, it was right on the course! Easy to get to for a round or practice drills and discounts. We were moved 15 mins taxi ride away still in the same town. Once being told of the over booking at check in desk, we were told we would be given a room upgrade at the new hotel. We weren't. They did agree to cover the taxi fee to and from once per day. It was decent of them but it meant wasting at least 30 mins transport getting somewhere we could have walked in 1. Plus only one return taxi per day meant we couldn't practice for an hour, recoup at hotel and then play.

I could live with the flight compo but still need something from expedia. I'll let you know how they respond.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.