Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I was just reading your tread and i was really interested to see if FC payed up and what happened.???

Thanks
So far FC have made a final offer earlier this month of £110 on top of the £125 that thay paid into my account (without my knowledge or permission!). This offer has been refused and I am at present taking legal action against FC to recover some if not all of the monies. FC stated that they could not pay for the transfers to Punta Prima as I had already taken transfers That had been paid for to Calan Blanes!ABTA appear to be powerless to interveen which we all need to be aware of if anyone is thinking that ABTA have the power to help us in situations like these. Will post news as and when.
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted on how you get on. I have heard similar reoprts of people's lack of success with ABTA.
Just another update. Just recieved an email from FC that finished with FC stating the offer (£!!0) still stands!!
I think it is high time you contacted Ros, a travel law solicitor who helps HT members with their problems.
I have previously spoken with Ross's secretary, but at present I have legal cover on my worldwide travel insurance. They have agreed to view the case and are at present looking at all the evidence forwaded to them. I spoke with their travel solicitor yesterday and I will keep you posted.
Just to let you all know the outcome:
Threatened FC with legal action. Got legal representation from Direct Line thro' worldwide insurance. FC settled prior to court action with £500 compensation. I have accepted this.
Many thanks for the update, it is always appreciated by members.

luci :wave
Yes many thanks and am glad this is at last sorted out (Just a pity it happened in the first place)
Glad you got this resolved and pleased that you stuck with it till you got a result. FC must have known tht they were in the wrong to offer the out of court settlement.

It's is always good to hear of a positive outcome. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.