Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I dont know about this place as i've not been there myself though there is a pretty good write up here http://www.holidayhotels.com/hotel.php?HID=20050509094826660354

along with a couple here on HT http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/holiday_truths/hotel_reviews/3790/Yasmin%20Bodrum%20Resort/

hope they help :-)[/url]
hi, yes we are going to yasmin bodrum too in july on the 17 th . Have a look at http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g298664-d502385-Reviews-Yasmin_Bodrum_Resort-Turgutreis_Bodrum_Mugla.html

the reviews look fantastic.When are you going?

sallington
Hi all.

We are booked into the Yasmin Bodrum on 02/06 and I shall report back after we return.

We booked DIY with flights by Thomsonfly and room via medhotels.

If there is anything specifically you would like me to look out for whilst we are there - let me know

Becky67
Becky67.....ANY feedback will be great.....what the rooms are like...transfer time.....service....is it really all inclusive.....whats the beach like.....kid friendly ???.....(god I hope so),.....is the pool with the water slides miles away from the other pools.....(hope not, but picture suggest so......)

I hope you have a great time, and please DO feedback when you return
H
Sallington

We go on 14th for 10 days......doubtless you will hear our kids !!! LOL

This is about our 6th time to Turkey and we LOVE it - did all inclusive at the infamous Pegasos last year and whilst it ok was, it wasnt Turkey that we came to know and love...but if you want to know anything honest about the place please shout !!
This hotel looked great in Kosmar but had real problem finding it anywhere for 10 nights, so have booked through teletext.......bit apprehensive as flyinf Onur air....(BAD reviews) and on the way back Excel (again not great reviews....)...I am SO hoping the hotel makes up for any disappointments.

Lets hope Becky67 has a ball and reassures us....
H
hi,

helen we are there for the two weeks so im sure our families will cross paths at some stage.we have two girls age 11 and 7.hope you enjoyed the reviews and that it helped you look forward to your hols,

becky67 we too have booked with med hotels(i think) never done a booking like that before.we fly with first choice ,so i hope there ok,weve then booked transfers with the hotel direct........just hope it all works as its the closest thing to D.I.Y

sallington :ghug
We stayed at the Yasmin last October, It was our 7th time to Turkey. The hotel is one of the best we have stayed in.The slide pool is at the side of the complex set back on its own, roughly 200yards from the main building near the beach bar.The location is breath taking about 2 hours from Bodrum airport. The staff are really friendly. The food is excellent. The choice of drinks was vast, from draught Efes to many International brands. In the Lobby bar with loads of sofas & comfy chairs lovely waitresses take your order if you prefer not to stand at the bar.The beach is clean and shallow, and as well as the slides and 2 outdoor pool there is a brilliant indoor pool in the Thalasso centre ( where there is a great Gym along with Turkish baths, Sauna & steam room.) rooms nice and quite roomy by Turkish standards. We stayed in the main block as opposed to the club rooms located on the hill side. Free minibar topped up daily. Quite a walk to the dolmus into town, but if you ask a guy will drive you up to the gate in a golf buggy!
Any questions ask away~ You will not regret staying at the Yasmin. We were upgraded from the Club Kadicale and we will definately be returning to the Yasmin
PS have a look at http://www.yasminbodrum.com
Turls - thanks for that report - always reassuring when a fellow member gives a good report.

Helen G - will give as good a report as we can. We had an excellent AI to Turkey last year ( Club Letoonia - Fethyie) so we do have something to benchmark Yasmin against.
We also have flown 3 times now with Excel and I could find no fault with them at all - if you read the mixed reports - I must've been lucky!!
The hotel is featured in the Cosmos brochure - within the "elite" section.

Sallington - This will be the third hotel we've booked with medhotels and not been a problen at all. The lack of a rep is no hardship. Make sure you have a couple of copies of your booking voucher for safety's sake.
Could you let me know how much the hotel is charging you for transfers - I've had a quote of £32 one way.

Regards

Becky67
I know this hotel is quite new, but anyone who has been, would you say there would be enought to occupy a 12 and 14 year old for 2 weeks in the summer holidays?
becky67,

thats good then cause weve payed £70 return.the bonus is its so much quicker to get there,and no hanging around.cant stand the coaches and all there drop offs,you can guarantee were always the last one off!!!!!!think its only going to take 40-50 mins.....is that about right?

sallintgton
:hmmm just read that turls says its two hours from bodrum.surely not its not that far away is it? or is that if your on a coach!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
2 hours by coach included waiting for stragglers at the airport then 4 drop offs at various hotels aroung Turgutreis, Yasmin being the last
thanks for that, i new it would help going by taxi,we could probably half that time then. :lol: :lol: :pele
Sallington
Who did you book your transfer with - did you just call the hotel? I'm starting to think it might be a good idea, with 4 youngish kids in the party and an arrival at @ 2am......
Certainly dont want to sit on a coach for 2 hours...
H
hi helen, i didnt personally book it a personnel travel adviser booked everything,flights,holiday,transfers for me then put it together as a package for me,i presume booking transfers direct.i would e-mail hotel and ask for there help.Ive done that about A.T.M machines i asked the hotel where the nearest one was and they replyed very promptly and were so helpful(by the way its in turgatreise) let me know how you get on!! :P
Sallington and HelenG

Have now arranged transfers with hotel direct - €100 = £70. The other transfer company were quite efficient but wanted me to fax over credit card details but I felt that it was a bit too risky. I don't mind sending them to a secure site but not over a fax or open e-mail.
I shall be able to comment upon the hotels standard of transfer service!!

Becky67
Thanks for that Becky, cant wait for ALL your feedback
thats great,let us no how you get on ,as thats whos picking us up,

happy holidays :glynis
turls,

forgot to ask,whats it like for snorkelling there,did it in corfu last year for the first time and fell in love with my new hobby,didnt know weather to invest in some new snorkelling gear???? :wink:

sallington
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.