General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Strous,

firstly, in order to get the best value for money I suggest if it's possible, you avoid the October half term school holidays which is the last week of October this year.

Alternatives to your suggestions would be somewhere in the canary islands where it'll be lovely at that time of year.
She went to Tenerife last year unfortunately so I may give the Canaries a miss, thanks very much for the suggestion though and I'll definitely be avoiding late October. Ideally I'm looking for recommendations of hotels if anyone is able to help?

Thanks
Turkey is really nice in October and there are some really nice ultra AI's in Lara Beach. The weather in the Antalya region is always much nicer than the rest of Turkey. I can recommend the Concorde hotel there.
maybe one of the AI's in Sharm el Sheik ?

The Coral Sea Resort, The Hilton Sharks Bay, The Tropicana Grand Azure, The Sonesta Beach Club, The Laguna Vista resort. These aren't personal recommendations as such, just popular hotels with Brits.

Have a look at the Egypt forum on here and you will see the same hotel names croping up again and again, some have their own threads.

Ive been to The Red Sea Holiday Village, but I think that would be too family orientated for you, the others should be more adult orientated especially if you avoid the October mid-term break. You will know when that is as the prices rocket that week.
Thanks for all the suggestions so far ladies and gents.

What's the difference with an 'Ultra' AI? are these just all inclusives that have more to do so you never even think about leaving?! If so they sound like pretty much what I'm after. Not sure if the £1,000 will stretch though.
Ultra AI's (especially those on Lara beach) tend to have top shelf drinks, free mini bars, free airconditoning, free safes, 24hr bars and generally lots and lots to do on site.
Lara beach is a 'strip' of luxury hotels on the beach and so do not have a resort centre as such, very few bars and restaurants, although there are plenty of shopping bazaars- hence the hotels do tend to have plenty to do on site to compensate for this.
strous - I've looked a few places today, but am struggling to find AI for your budget
Your £ 500 budget will only get you bed & breakfast. For A /I add a couple of hundred pounds
Had a quick look at - don't know where you are flying from or your exact dates but:

THOMAS COOK

8th Oct Melas Lara decent dayflights (rare to Turkey) From Manchester £522
8th Oct Zeynep Resort Belek From Manchester £529

THOMSON

8th Oct Letoonia Golf From Manchester £522 -a really nice hotel

I only had a quick look but managed to find a few around the £500 - just remember to look at the reviews first
I think the ones that are ultra AI (normally means you get branded drinks not just local stuff) will be beyond your budget. In Sharm they will be places like the Sensatori, Reef Oasis Blue Bay, Grand Rotana.

You would be better off sticking with normal AI and then if you want the odd posh drink pay for it seperately. After a while you will get used to the rough spirits if you put enough coke, lemonade, juice etc in them. The local beer is Sakara and that is OK anyway - well according to my OH.
The AI hotels in Hurghada Egypt seem cheaper than Sharm if you want to go to Egypt.
Theres less hassle here and if you wait until about 3 weeks before you want to go Thomas Cook usually have great deals.
The Sindbad Aqua hotel has 11 restaurants ,many bars and has an Aqua park.The food is excellent and as you can use the Beach hotel across the road you have the choice of pools or beach.
I go to Turkey every October and the weather has always been lovely except for last year when we had a couple of days of rain.
Thanks so much for the help everyone, some great suggestions here.

We've found a hotel that we both really like the look of called the 'Voyage Torba' (cant post links as I'm a newbie!)

Also seems like we can actually fit this within our budget, however when we get to the point of booking it says 'All inclusive silver' - will this mean we will miss out on certain parts of their usual package do you think. Maybe it would be wise to give the hotel a call before booking?

Thanks very much

C
Hi strous ... for additional info and discussion about this complex, you may also want to check out the Voyage Torba topic in our Turkey forum.

David :wave
Thanks very much David - I've redirected my post over there :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.