General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi try the riu helios bay obzor beach bulgaria
it is really good we went with thomsons
Pat :cheers
That is a start but a little bit curious about the weather element.

Mark :)
what about the holiday village lanzarote?
not sure on prices tho
we loved it last year
Have you been to Egypt Mark?. The weather would be good and if you dont fancy the normal choice of sharm you could maybe look at El gouna or Nuweiba if you just want to relax.

Morocco might be worth considering too or maybe Cape verde.
Done Egypt so wish to try somewhere else.

Morocco is an option... anybody any experience on it?

all i can tell you is daughter and her family went last year [cant remember hotel name] and throughly enjoyed it ... mind you they don't leave the hotel till check out just spend all day round the pool
Friend at work went to Agadir Beach Club in April and recommended it too me. So that might be one to research Mark.

Doe :wave
Bulgaria isn't an option due to the weather in October.

luci :wave
What date in October? Found Makronissos Village Club All Inclusive 9th October from Gatwick £601. But then I will be there so perhaps you might like to look elsewhere.

fwh
:rofl at fwh. Mark you don't give much away do you airport, exact date etc. :duh we've booked The Carribbean Village in Agadir for a week next Easter. Just priced that one for you -12 Oct from Gatwick £502pp or 19 Oct from Gatwick - £487pp Good luck with your search. :)
I'd say with your criteria of good weather in October and max 5 hours flying time your best options would be one of the Canary islands or Morocco- neither of which I've done so can't recommend. However, we like the look of Agadir and as Helen mentioned, have booked for next Easter. Good Luck!
Was looking at Agadir a couple of weeks ago. Looks just what the doctor ordered apart from the food. No problem for me, but the missus is rather sceptical following our bad experience with food in Tunesia.

Surely it can't be any worse than the food /tummy upsets in Egypt Mark . just pack the imodium :rofl
October? Maximum 4-5 hours flight? I'd have to say the Canary Islands, but that's just my personal preference! If you could stretch to 5½ hours then you can add Egypt or Cape Verde to your options. It's always easy to get cheap deals to the Canaries after the main summer season as long as you're not going during the half term right at the end of October :wink:
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Some food for thought here.

Mark
Mark - I would have thought that going AI, you should be ok with the food.
I too would suggest the Canaries.
I would not go anywhere where people recommend taking medicines with us before we went on holiday.
OK, I know the unforseen can happen but to have that advice before I went would be a no go.
If you look at hotel reviews and see something uncomplimentary about a hotel, then you probably would not choose it so why don't people think the same about the areas they are visiting?
I want to feel safe and expect certain hygiene levels, like we all do when on holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.