Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
We have had very bad weather in Zante in the last two weeks of September. Playa Blanca in Lanzarote is lovely.
:( really ? well think it will have to be lanzarote thanks 4 the advise!! isnt p.blanca very quiet?
well all i can say is we go to Greece in October each year [different places] and expect at least 2 days rain per week.. UP to now we have only had rain late evening and overnight [perhaps its been luck ,... I don't know] this year will be Zakynthos..... will my apparent luck hold :que

yasus
wizard
Playa blanca is quiet, but i prefer it to Puerto Del Carmen and it is a bit more upmarket in my opinion.
;) ok thanks all !! just got to decide whether to chance zante .......knowing my luck!!!!! :cry
i went for last 2 weeks in september in 2006, the first week was brilliant but 2nd
week we had a lot of cloud and showers but when the showers stopped it dryed up very
quickly as it was still very warm and you would never of known we had rain.
I have been to Lanzarote also (but was Feb) and also had some showers then but really it
just depends on your luck, but i personally would prefer Zante much nicer place and beaches.
:D ye i woulp prefer zante but i get no luck with weather so not sure whether to chance it??
last 2 weeks of September 2004 we had a good first week and a really bad 2nd week, raining during the day, stuck in the apartment pretty much all of one day it was such heavy rain and then cloudy for about four days after :(
HI,
It's a good few years since we were in Zante - last 2 weeks in September. The weather was mostly lovely and hot in the day, occasional cloud but we did have the odd shower, which as someone else stated dried up pretty quick to beautiful weather again. The nights were cooler and we had one torrential thunderstorm one evening where the road got flooded. We were sitting in a restaurant watching the lightening and the rain lashing down. It was fun really. I think we were lucky we were there for 2 weeks as a bit of rain wasn't too bad then. It is pot luck with the weather. Whether you decide to go there will depend on how important the sunshine is to you. Personally, although I loved Zante I don't think I would risk it so late in the season again.
;) thanks no we,re big sun lovers so have decided not to risk it!! ....knowing our luck!!
so we,ve booked lanzarote instead but will definately go to zante next year in june hopefully!! :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.