55 independent reviews of the Tasia Maris Sands Hotel
Address: Nissi Ave, Ayia Napa 5330, Cyprus
Tasia Maris Sands Hotel
Tasia Maris Sands Hotel Location
Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Nissi Beach

Tasia Maris Sands Hotel Tasia Maris Sands Hotel is rated 4.2 out of 5 from 55 Reviews

Tasia Maris Sands Hotel Reviews

jeanette and barrie had a holiday at Tasia Maris Sands Hotel, Nissi Beach in June 2010
Absolutely wonderful holiday

THE HOTEL ITSELF WAS SPOTLESS, ROOMS WERE CLEENED EVERY MORNING WITHOUT FAIL, THE MEALS WERE FANTASTIC WITH A WIDE SELECTION TO CHOOSE FROM, THE GROUNDS WERE FREE FROM LITTER.

THE POOL AND POOL AREA WAS ALWAYS CLEAN AS THE STAFF WERE TYDING AND CLEANING EVERY DAY, I MUST SAY THAT IF I GO BACK TO AYIA NAPA I WILL DEFENTLY GO BACK TO THE SAME HOTEL AGAIN AS I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT IT AND THANK ALL THE STAFF FOR HELPING MAKE MY HOLIDAY PERFECT,

Matt stayed at Tasia Maris Sands Hotel in May 2010
The Tasia Maris gardens had changed this season from SC to all inclusive so was a major benefit to us as a family as kids always want drinks and ice creams. We stayed on a ground floor apartment, with a double bed and 2 sofa beds for the kids, room was immaculate no old or broken furniture, the maids and staff did an excellent job keeping the rooms and surrounding areas immaculate. Food was very good, lots to choose from. The pool was great, very clean, plenty of sun loungers but you did get the odd few that put towels out very early but they soon had them taken away, no need for it really. In summary an excellent place to stay and we will be back.

Tour Operator: Thomsons

Jay had a holiday at Tasia Maris Sands Hotel, Nissi Beach in May 2010
this was our first holiday to cyprus,for an all inclusive holiday i must say it was outstanding. the hotel was great, the staff were fantastic and considerate, polite and very nice.the food was lovely,lots to choose from.the staff work really hard to keep you happy and entertained. entertainment was blinding, great fun every night and highly amusing.the entertainment really made it special and there was plenty of shows and fun things to do. kids club was great and gave the parents a break, our children loved it, and so did we as a whole.yes we will be going back in 2011.i highly recommend this resort for all the right reasons.

Tour Operator: first choice

Matt stayed at Tasia Maris Sands Hotel, Nissi Beach in May 2009
First time back to Cyprus after 14 years so was looking forward to it, arrived at hotel very late and was offered a hot drink and cake. Room was very clean had the A/C and a seaview and views over Ayia Napa. Cant fault the hotel at all in my opinion, staff are all so friendly, food is excellent(must have put on a few pounds)pool was lovely. Entertainment didnt appeal to us at all so we took walks out every night to ayia napa town and drank in several bars. Must admit at first I thought we had landed at a saga hotel as there seemed to be everyone over 60!!! but we did manage to socialise with a few young couples as we are in are 30\'s. Cant wait to go back next year ...
but this time we are going to take the kids and stay over the road in the Tasia Maris Apartments...5 stars for me!!

Lin visited the Tasia Maris Sands Hotel, Nissi Beach, Cyprus in August 2008
Stayed in Tasia Maris, for Thomson gold it was disappointing. Had to pay for fridge, 20euros for week, (other Thomson Gold hotels don\'t charge), safe, TV Remote, 20 euros. Our TV program control was broken but they would not lend us a remote until it was fixed. Towels greying in colour and very hard. Gold Towels only changed on Mondays and Thursdays, used to getting clean ones when needed at other Gold Hotels. Room ok, but ours was not cleaned one day and when I queried it was told that they had new guests arriving so best they could do was give us clean towels and that it must have been left uncleaned because we had a do not disturb notice on door, which we didn\'t! - it was only after I complained to rep that room was ...
cleaned! Two lifts, but throughout our stay, either one or other was out of order meaning a long wait or using the stairs, not acceptable as they were quite a few disabled people staying at hotel. Food disappointing, especially breakfast, trays of eggs already cooked, omelettes in huge pans that you had to cut slice from. Other Thomson Gold hotels have a chef cooking fresh eggs and omelettes. Evening meal didn\'t have much choice if you didn\'t like fish or were vegetarian. Sun loungers impossible to get unless you like getting up at the crack of dawn. Hotel manager very pleasant and was always around during day and evening. Dixie and Jamie did a fantastic job with entertainment! Hotel full of really old people and we are in our 50\'s- hotel seems geared for them, felt sorry for the few young couples staying in hotel as they must have felt they were in an old people\'s home!

a hawksworth stayed at Tasia Maris Sands Hotel in August 2008
The room was very clean as was the whole of the tasia maris village. The maids were very thorough and polite. To be so close to the beach was fantastic especially as we had a 6 year old that didnt like to walk too far! The staff were extremely polite and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. I would recomend it to anyone and will definitely visit again in the future!!!

Jo stayed at Tasia Maris Sands Hotel, Nissi Beach, Cyprus in July 2008
I have just returned from a two week holiday at the Tasia Maris hotel and we have a great time. The hotel was probably one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. The food was amazing, dont go to this hotel if you are on a diet!! So much choice breakfast and evening meal was great and there is nothing bad to say about it. All the staff are so friendly the chef and all the staff would chat to you and make sure you were happy.

The two entertainment people Jamie and Dixie was really great and got everyone involved in the games but wouldnt pester you if you didnt want to join in.

Our room was kept clean the whole time and the room was nice plenty of space and a nice view of the beach. ...
The only bad part was we had a locked adjoining door in our room and the whole time we were there we could hear everything and I mean everything from next door. Was okay most of the time but you could hear there tv everytime they spoke when they were in the shower and it got really annoying near the end of the holiday. Not sure if they could hear us because if they could I dont think we would have heard them so much!!

The hotel overall was great, lovely pool and great bars with great food.

Tour Operator: Portland

a /e harvey had a holiday at Tasia Maris Sands Hotel, Nissi Beach in June 2008
loverly hotel adecent sized room brilliant view of pool and beach breakfast very nice allways hot all staff friendly bar staff brilliant bar snacks good rooms very clean changed towels every time thay cleaned the room location a nice 20 min walk from aya napa and a5 min walk from some entertainment inthe bars and very nice restaurants all in all a very nice hotel would we go back you bet we will.

Colborn stayed at Tasia Maris Sands Hotel, Nissi Beach, Cyprus in May 2008
This was my visit to Cyprus and i found the people at the hotel very accomodating from the manager(Tasos)right the way through out the hotel infact they couldnt do enough for you.The room was well equiped and very clean the buffet style food hall was very clean and the food was very well prepared with lots of choices chef would come round and ask for any comments as to any improve on the menu to be perfectly honest this guy was a good chef.with lots to do round the pool the entertainment staff were brilliant very funny and easy to talk to .There are lots of trips you can go on so see the hotel rep.A must is a trip into the mountains by DAKTARI the drivers are comical but at the same time they no alot about the island ...
and pass information on to you very freely. all in all my wife and iwould reccomend this hotelto anyone,the local breqw aint bad either,if you choose this hotel you will not regret it thanks to Tasos and your staff for a wonderful holiday

Dave & Cathy Hill stayed at Tasia Maris Sands Hotel in October 2007
Our room sufferred the problem of an adjoining door, this gave us little privacy.

We paid extra for a \"sea view\" it was just visible beyond a jumble of derilict buildings. We could hear every sound, as so could they. We managed to move to an alternative room with better views and no adjoining door. From there on we had no complaints

Staff in our opinion were the best we have experienced so far, pleasant,friendly & helpful. Thompson reps were the best we have encountered over the years.

Food one word - excellant! The hotel closed for the winter at the end of our stay so we did not have any problems witrh overcrowding etc. However breakdowns of dining room equipment and the large TV in the bar were simply left out of service. There is a real trip hazard in the ...
bar area where steps simply blended into the floor beyond a number of geusts tripped during our stay.

Similarly at the main entrance uncoverd flag pole stubs caused some problems. DDA has not reached Cyprus yet.

The decor is tired and needs updating so do the very small worn grey bath towels, fit for rag use only.

Tour Operator: Thomson

Wain/Ward visited the Tasia Maris Sands Hotel, Nissi Beach, Cyprus in September 2007
We booked this Thomson Gold after reading other reviews and having stayed in other Thomson Gold hotels we have to say we were very disappointed. When we booked the holiday we requested a \'quiet room\'. On arrival we were allocated one next to lifts which could clearly be heard in our bedroom from early morning to early morning!!! To top it up our room had a connecting door which meant that the soundproofing was dismal and we had the neighbours from hell - a young couple who clearly liked to partake of the \'falling down water\' and after we had complained to the rep they spent most early mornings making sure we had little sleep. On one particular night or should I say early morning, we listened to the female of the party shouting through our door ...
\'am I bothered, am I bothered\', followed by listening to Darren (?) being violently sick and the smell of this sick permeating through the connecting door!!! Not nice. We were informed that they had been given a \'written warning\' and that we should complain again if they didn\'t improve. Every night, or should I say every morning we waited to be woken up or in fact we didn\'t bother to go to sleep until the \'neighbours from hell\' had finally settled down.

You do not expect this type of guest from a Thomson Gold Hotel.

The hotel rooms were tired and very dated. The towels were a lovely colour of grey and were great from exfoliating the skin.

Every morning there were battles for sun beds. The Germans have a reputation for reserving sun beds, but here it was worse!!! You could only get a sun bed in the sun if you got up very early and in the end we gave up and went to the beach and paid for beds and umbrellas.

The entertainment team worked really hard, especially during the day and I can understand how they kept so slim!!! However, we didn\'t feel that the evening entertainment matched other Thomson Gold hotels. Having talked to other guests they felt the same.

On a positive note, the staff were friendly, the beds in the rooms were comfy (when you could get to sleep) and the sun beds when you could get them were also comfy.

The bar - I had a couple of brandy sours which I swear didn\'t have any brandy in them!!!!

The food was good and the soups were to die for!!!

Overall, we enjoyed our break but value for money it wasn\'t. Guests appear to go back year after year, many of them were rather \'mature\', (we are no spring chickens either) although having spoken to a few of them, they too felt that the hotel \'wasn\'t the same\'.

We felt that the hotel did not make the most of the grounds, I would have dearly loved to have sorted it!!!

Lorraine visited the Tasia Maris Sands Hotel in August 2007
First timers to Cyprus and to a Thompson gold hotel. When we arrived we was greeted by a lovely man on reception. There was tea/coffee and cake and sandwiches provided for us even though it was 1.30 in the morning. Our bags were taken to our room while we had our tea and had a little look around. The first thing I noticed was how quiet it was. The bar was closed and most of the place was in darkness.
Our room was on the 3rd floor and we had a fantastic view of the pool area and the beach and sea. There was plenty of room and ample storage space, take a few hangers with you if you are going for 2 weeks. Spare pillows and blankets ? also provided. Nice little balcony where you could watch the entertainment in ...
the evening if you can\'t drag yourselves downstairs haha.
Nice clean bathroom, towels changed if you leave them in the bath. TV, but only one english channel, BBC news, and you have to pay if you want the remote control ????. You also have to pay for the fridge in the room, which I found very strange. You really do need it for water etc. There is a safe, something else you have to pay for, and they will provide tea/coffee making items for, yes, you guessed it, a small charge.
We both found the food to be top class. Plenty of choice for breakfast and evening meal. heard a few moans about the food being the same ?, not quite sure what some people expect. Never had the same thing twice while we was there. OK, it was beef, lamb, pork and chicken but cooked differently each time. There was also pancakes and omelettes cooked while you waited in the mornings. You do have to pay for any drinks you have with your meals, and I don\'t think they save them till the next night as I saw people leave the restaurant with thier bottle of wine.
The staff are fantastic, from the cleaners to Tassos the manager. I was told that the people in Cyprus are the most friendly and I cannot dissagree. They also work really hard. George the restaurant manager was there serving breakfast and still there serving dinner in the evening. There is a lunch menu, and you can swap an evening meal for a lunch time one if you want.
The entertainment was really good. Tamera must be the hardest working person I have ever met. She was there doing water areobics at 11am and still there at midnight. Daytime entertainment is the usual, boules, darts, table tennis etc, and absolutley no pressure to join in from anyone. My husband and I did the quiz everyday (never won once ?). Evening entertainment was good. We saw a couple of good double acts and a really good comedian. The reps put on a show and also Tamera and Helen and the regular duet, Twos Company, also do various shows. Don\'t expect a Broadway production and you won\'t be dissapointed. Cannot fault how hard everyone works and after all it\'s only a bit of fun.
The location of the hotel is fantastic. There are plenty of bars and restaurants nearby,with entertainment, so there is no need to stay in the hotel every night. Its about a 20 min walk to the center of Ayia Napa, and there are the usual souvenir shops along the way.
We only went into town once, I must be really honest and say I hated it. It got louder and louder as you got towards the square. There are people going up and down on peds and quad bikes, and the place was packed.
I must have a big moan to end with.............sorry !,
something has to be done about the sunbed situation. We was there for 4 days before we got a sunbed near the pool. Thank God, we love the beach, and it is literally 2 minutes from the back of the hotel. You have a chance of a bed on Sundays and Wednesdays as these are the change over days. I had to have a moan to the management, and the reps and they both said that it is a problem but they don\'t know what to do about it. While we was there a note was given to guests about reserving beds and that towels would be removed if the beds were not used, although I never saw it happen. I was siting on the balcony just after 6 one morning and lost count of how many people put thier towels down. It really does drive me mad. I think it is so selfish.
Finally a big thank you to the wonderful Andy and Clive, the Thompson reps. We had booked to go on the VIP catamaran trip (thoroughly recommended, expensive , but worth every penny)and I was unable to go as I was not well (too much sun)they changed the day with no questions asked, and even phoned us in our room to confirm the new date.
I would recommed the Tasia Maris, nice not having any children there, lovely location, great staff, great food, spotlessly clean.

Tour Operator: Thompson

Geoff visited the Tasia Maris Sands Hotel in July 2007
This was our second year here. It seemed to us to have gone down hill!
The food quality (compared to last year) has degenerated into that of a works canteen. Left overs appear to be recycled. The food is either over or undercooked, or cooked too early, and things named pies have a soft lasangne like crust. Trouble is if you go half board you are tied to it, unless you decide to go outside and pay twice so I think this is an important factor.
The entertainment is very Hi De Hi, too loud and in your face.
Only about 10% of guests (old or young, and we are old) ever get involved with the activities but 90% of guests have to suffer them, old or young.
The pool surround was washed down once in a fortnight and that was whilst we ...
were all on the sunbeds.
A few more sunbeds (say a dozen) would ease the gripes, and there is plenty of room for them. Beach towels are provided but changed only twice a week so in high humidity they are always wet and smelly.
There is no obvious security in the hotel with easy access to anyone from the beach area, and the pool bar staff appear to serve anyone. It is meant to be a gold adults only hotel, but this aspect was not enforced at all.
The maids do a good job and are very unobtrusive.
The staff are polite and friendly.
It would not take a lot to bring it back from the brink.

Tour Operator: Thompson

Michael visited the Tasia Maris Sands Hotel, Nissi Beach, Cyprus in June 2007
The staff are very friendly and could not be more helpfuL. We have stayed in this hotel several times and find it a little nugget.

Tour Operator: Private

Coxon visited the Tasia Maris Sands Hotel, Nissi Beach in June 2007
This was our first visit to Cyprus.Transfer was approximately 40 minutes.First impression was how clean it was. We had a ground floor apartment with a double bed and sofa beds for the kids. Sofa beds folded down to the size of a single bed, but were very uncomfortable. The cleaner visited every day and did an excellent job, clean towels daily and bedding every two days. Located in a reasonably quiet area, round the corner from a small beach, 15 minute walk to Nissi Beach. Only noise we heard was from the nearby kareoke bar. Pool area was large with plenty of sunbeds, portions were massive at the pool bar, all staff were pleasant and friendly. Favourite restaurant was Flames on Nissi Avenue. We will be back next year.

Tour Operator: Portland

jenny stayed at Tasia Maris Sands Hotel in May 2007
Very clean, well presented hotel.

50 metres to small clean beach.

Very difficult to get a sunbed around the pool area unless you got up early, I watched people putting towels on beds at 0630hrs.

The entertainment was suited to the older generation we found it very boring (we being in our 40s+50s)

One of the things that did annoy me was that no matter how long I stood at the poolside bar, men were always served before myself. No drinks were provided free at evening meal - not even water, but waiter would take your drinks order then you paid at the till or added it onto your room bill at hotel prices.

deb stayed at Tasia Maris Sands Hotel, Nissi Beach, Cyprus in May 2007
I expected better from a Thomson Gold, I have stayed in other hotels in Ayia Napa and Protaras, I suposse this hotel is OK for older people, we were in our 40s and 50s but the entertainment is boring, the food was not what I expected for a Thomson Gold. We eat out a few nights.

Liz and Ken Scott had a holiday at Tasia Maris Sands Hotel in October 2006
This was our first time with Thomson Gold and we couldn't have wished for a better holiday.

The staff at this hotel are fabulous and we must mention Konrad and Bijay who were both so pleasant and helpful.

The hotel is spotless and furnished to a high standard.

The food is buffet style with loads of choice to suit every palette.

The location for us was ideal 2 mins. to a sandy beach and about 30 mins leisurely walk into Ayia Napa.

The hotel staff were wonderful, nothing was too much trouble Constantinos does a wonderful job.

The entertainment was good and Andy and Tamera worked their socks off to make sure everyone enjoyed themselves.

We will definitely be back.

Tour Operator: Thomson

Ron And Shirley Sewell had a holiday at Tasia Maris Sands Hotel, Nissi Beach, Cyprus in September 2006
Our 9th visit to the Tasia (10th next Sept) again we had a top class relaxing holiday, met alot of old friends and return guests.

Food very good and rooms spotless. The number of return guests at this hotel speaks volumes.

If you want a relaxing kids free holiday in Cyprus this is the hotel to try.

Tour Operator: Thomson Gold

Gemma visited the Tasia Maris Sands Hotel, Nissi Beach, Cyprus in September 2006
Visited the apartments twice now and loved it both times. Location wise it\'s ideal, 5-10 Min's in car from Ayia Napa town centre (30 Min's walk) and about the same from Nissi Beach in the opposite direction.

A* rooms, containing more than you need in the kitchen everything from a cutting board to a whisk and a cooker to a fridge, fab! Cleaners deserve a medal, rooms are spotless.

Bar staff changed from 1st time we visited so we missed Panico 2nd time around, however new staff were still friendly once we got to know them. Very little entertainment in the actual Apartments but plenty in the local restaurants/ pubs 2 Min's down the road.

Full Breakfast available which you can eat at leisure by the bar by the pool. That\'s the life! Good selection of bar meals to eat all day.