Hotel Marina Parc

8 of 8 hotels in Arenal d En Castell

1 out of 5 from 1 review
Calle de La Marina, s/n, 07740 Arenal d'en Castell, Islas Baleares, Spain
This huge complex packs in a triple helping of pools, plus an impressive waterpark. It’s only a short walk from Arenal’s centre and sandy beach

1 Review

• Good

• Entertainment
  • Food
  • Location
Martin Hollingworth
Holiday from hell..
This month
I pride myself on being a very amicable and truthful person and I have never written a negative review in my life, until now.

We arrived on May 31st and were informed by the receptionist that we would be in D1 the restaurant area but after looking for the key, checking her clipboard, looking for the key again then after having a conversation with another receptionist we were given the key to 611 (the room from hell) in area D2. When we got the room room it turned out to be a twin with a drop down child bed, not what we had paid for. We had paid and booked for a twin room with a sofa bed in the lounge and this room did not have a lounge, it had one window in the bathroom and the only view out was from the patio door looking straight at an hedge. I returned to reception who were not interested at all in sorting out the problem and neither was Thomson's team leader rep (Kate) who was totally inept. In fact the only rep that took time to understand and talk to us about our problem was Ria, who we can not praise enough.

On Thursday 1st I went to reception at 09.00 - 09.30 to let them know we had no toilet paper, I again returned at 12.30 - 13.00 to say we still had none and again at 17.00. Eventually some was delivered to our room around 18.00.

On Saturday 3rd I went to reception at 07.00 to report that the toilet system would not fill so we could not flush the toilet, I returned again at 12.30 and 17.00 before some one eventually turned up at 15.45 to mend it.

On Sunday 4th my wife fell on some loose cut paving on the patio area above the restaurant resulting in a visit from the doctor who sent for an ambulance to take her to hospital for x-rays, luckily nothing was broken but she returned by taxi heavily bandaged which resulted in us being stuck at the hotel for the rest of our holiday. We did get to sit outside on our postage stamp patio watching wildlife including RATS. No one from the management team came to see how my wife was but they did reimbursed the taxi fare two days later when Ria told them it would be a good will gesture. I asked for the incident to be put in the accident book but was told they did not have one but I did insist on it being written down. The hotels solution to the loose cut paving was to remove it but not cordon the area off, there is another accident waiting to happen and a small child could easily fracture their ankle

The three pools were clean and each had a child's area.

The water park had a lot to offer but the paving will cut small children's tender soles if your not careful, having said that it is a lot of fun for the family. The restaurant appears to have a wide choice of food but it soon becomes repetitive and 80% of the food is cold to tepid at best. The hotel manager is a waste of time and the staff while being friendly are not always helpful this also goes for the Thompson representatives who are happy and helpful if you don't have a problem. I hope you don't but if you have a problem and need a rep seek out Ria.
The web site for Hotel Marina Parc states that it is a 4 star while Thompson's say it's a 3 star. I would say the facilities are 3 star NOT 4 STAR but if you get a room like ours it's 1 star at best.

If you want a place where you can sit by the pool all day, sunbathing and or drinking while the kids are in the pool then this is ok but if like myself sometimes you want to be able to chill out with a cold drink then there are far better options than Marina Parc.
Cleanliness:
Food:
Service:
Location:
Entertainment:

Travel operator: Thompson

Hotel tip: Don't go. There are much better places to stay in Menorca

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the links below:

Welcome to Holiday Truths

Register to contribute in our forum, leave your holiday reviews and enjoy exclusive offers from your favourite travel brands.

By registering, you agree to us sending personalised emails offering holiday advice and travel deals from our travel partners. By clicking Continue, I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.