Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Yes Tis, it's gone they have moved the taxi rank back towards the road, and built a childrens play area behind where it was, I think the nearest phone box to there is on the Alicia car park, just around the corner, you know next to the entrance barrier.

Failing that there is one, just a bit back towards the harbour, do you know the Hostal Pebar, there is one there.

In fact, thinking about it, there is one just outside Champions, you know the sandwich bar, the first stall you come to under the Alicia, just next to the childrens play area, inbetween The Alicia, and that clothes shop, just the other end of the row from Paula's.

Garry
Noooooooooo! They can't move my phone kiosk :cry

I liked going in there as the nice lady always rang the number for you and waited till it rang before handing you the phone and then you could hear the conversation perfectly as there was no passing traffic... then you just chatted, finished your call and paid for it.

There's a couple of phones in Cala Bona harbour and definitely one outside the Moreyo and one in front of the Alicia near Champions that you mentioned. Just always feel a bit vulnerable at those phones and having to constantly feed money in is a pain in the napper but if that's the only way I can ring home.....Mum & Dad will maybe get a phonecall or 2 ;)

Thanks Garry :)
Get a phonecard from the tabac shop, its really easy to use and cheaper! We use our mobiles now but keep the call short or text instead! CBG
Think I'll take mobile.....easier all round, I'll just top up before we go :)
I know this has nothing to do with telephones :) , but does anyone know if Julies Pie shop is still in Cala Bona? If going towards the harbour from the Moreyo it was on the right opposite the gift shops, the pies where great ;) , just asking as we are returning to Cala Bona in October, we was going to book the Ola Isabel but looking at Google earth its quite a way from the main area, so we might give the Moreyo another try. I hope they have a less miserable bar tender and a less eager waiter :D .

Cheers :cheers
BigAl
I must have missed that...it's not the same place called The Sweet Shop is it? Where you can get sweets and ice cream and sarnies (tho' not as nice as eilieen & Pedro's in my opinion)!

Handy to know if they do pies as we're s/c this year!
Hi tis,
Julies is next door to the sweet shop if memory serves me correct, although thinking about it they do sell sweets and crisps and delicious cakes, they do a lovely chicken pasty, makes my mouth water just thinking about it :tongue .

All the best :cheers
BigAl
The ice cream is allso very good and a bonus is it is cheap.
Julies, and the sweet shop, are one and the same, Tis. She does do very good sarnies though, I must admit.
Ahhhhh....thanks Garry. I only know it as the Sweet Shop as that's where I get my absolutely devine caramel icecream from :) Always gutted they don't open on a Sunday! I knew they did sarnies but we always get ours from Eileen & Pedro's but very handy to know about the pies, will definitely give them a go this year! :cheers
Hi Tis :wave:
Long time no speak ... hope you are well !
We have just returned form Cala Bona .. our 6th visit !
Went to Eileen & Pedros everyday ... and mentioned you ... ha ha ha.
Also popped into the sweetie shop by the harbour for a chocolate fix a couple of times !

Just to let you all know the queue was out of the shop on the occasions we were there , it is very busy for sandwiches.

Looking forward to next years holiday to Cala Bona , which by the way is booked !!!!!
Hya Lou

I'm great, thank you :) Looking forward to being in Cala Bona which is now only a couple of weeks away! :hyper

Mum & Dad were out there in June and saw Eileen & Pedro too....they'll be dreading our visit I'm sure but kids can't wait to see them again :rofl

Hope it was Eileen & Pedro's that was busy with sarnies!

We've not booked for next year yet, I'd love to dearly but our bathroom is driving me nuts and I want it all sorting - bath ripping out and shower unit fitted, tiled etc which is probably going to cost the same as a holiday so there may be no holiday abroad for us next year...still there's always 2012 :)

Where did you stay this time?
Hi Tis :wave:

It was the sandwich shop that was busy !
Eileen & Pedro had the usual Bonamar crew popping in for cold drinks, rolls and ice creams ! Eileen did say how quiet it had been !

We did notice the resort was very quiet this year , the evening walks to the harbour or Cala Millor was a pleasure we didn't have to dodge so many of the bikes or crowds of people.

We stayed at our usual the Bonamar , fully booked like always , and that is why next years is booked already ! Hope you get to holiday next year , we couldn't think of anywhere else we would rather go to !! ;) BTW .......The carousel was down the harbour for the 2 weeks we were there , just to let you know.

Have a Fantastic holiday , although I have just returned , I'am so jealous .... ha ha ha !!
Lou xx
Hey all.
What and where is Eileen and Pedro's that you all talk about?
Going back to CB or maybe CM in 10 weeks to Either Moreyo again :duh or maybe Don Jaime. Both are quite close to beach and harbor.
Last year had most meals at the London Inn and cant wait to go back to see Dave and his crew.

BigAl :sun2
Hi Big Al, If you stood outside the Cala bona Hotel looking at the harbour turn right and it's not very far on your left

Shrimper .. sorry you gave out the wrong information , that is the sweet shop ! ;)

Big Al ... Eileen & Pedro's is a Spar shop ! It is on the road behind the Prommenade, in between the Bonamar hotel & the Alicia hotel.
It is run by English born Eileen and her Spanish husband Pedro. Their prices are very cheap compared to all the other Spar shops in the area.
Pedro makes homemade rolls & Baguettes filled with Ham, cheese ,tuna etc . He can add tomatoes, onions mayo etc ... whatever you desire.
It is well worth the 2 minute walk .
If you find the main entrance to either Hotels Bonamar or Alicia , then stay on the road and walk towards the other one.

Say Hi to both from me and tell them Lou from the Bonamar sent you ;)
Have a great holiday , not quite counting the months or weeks yet to we return next year !! :cheers
Big Al....as Lou has said Eileen & Pedro (Supermercado Ca'n Pedro) are on the back road (Na Llambies) exact location is sandwiched between the Hotel Atolon Annexe and Hotel Temi which I think is now known as the Marins Playa Suites and Marins Playa Apartments are opposite. They have a hairdressers next door and then Toms Bar.

If you are staying at the Don Jaime, turn left as you come out of the hotel and left again when you come to the main road, carry on walking till you get to the Marins Playa Apts and cross over. If you're staying at the Moreyo (love that hotel - stayed there in 2008) turn left as you come out of the hotel and walk along the front, when you get to the end of the Alicia, you'll have the Atolon to your left and a road leading away from the front - Atolon annexe will then be to your left and Stanley's Tea Rooms to your right, head up to main road and turn left, it's probably a hundred yards at most on your left.

Prices are definitely cheaper than in the other Spar shops which seem to be notoriously dear in the resort and you can buy your spirits in plastic bottles so perfect for the journey home. Pedro makes a mean sarnie - choice of bap or baguette so you don't have to worry about your teeth :) They're a lovely couple, ever so friendly and helpful and Eileen does a free book exchange too! If you go, say Hi from the Baxter's too :)

Lou....such a shame that Eileen & Pedro have been quiet, mind we'll be there soon to boost profits ;) I am getting VERY excited, the apartment has been booked for about 14 months so this holiday is a long time in coming. Very jealous about the carousel....altho' as my Mum pointed out, it would have cost us a fortune as the kids would have wanted to be on it all the time, so perhaps not a bad thing that it's gone! Ha Ha! Where you there when they had all the stalls set up (think it was last weekend)? I was dying to know what they were selling!

:cheers xx
Tis ... Hi again !

We returned home on Saturday 10th July .... 2 weeks ago !
Didn't see the stalls , what a shame .... I'm curios now ... :que ha ha ha !! Wonder what they were selling !!
The carousel was there , don't know the prices though ... probably expensive TBH !!!

Hope you have a fab time ... as we both know you will ! 14 Months is ages for a holiday we have 11 months till we are next out there
!!!!
When are flying out ?? xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.