Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi, is it really quiet in cala bona this year ? We were there in 2009 and the recession was starting to bite then.

Are there still plenty of bars and entertainment,hope so we have been there 4 years on the trot, absolutely love the place.

we are going later this year,have the prices gone up a lot ? nice to get to know a bit of information before you go.

Mac
Mac,No Cala Bona is doing good this year, plenty of people around. A few bars have gone but still a good choice, and entertainment. New shops springing up here and there. The prices are about the same drinks wise and meals out, I found the higher prices on food in the Spar shops etc as I was too far to go to Lidl or the eroski for the bargains. Let me know if you want any more info.CBG
Thanks CBG,its good to be able to get info about the place,we stayed at alicia in 2009, very good hotel, staying there again this year,
have also stayed at atalaya and president apartments, but found alicia to be a lot better.
Any other info i would be pleased to receive,good bars,cafe's etc, thanks Mac.
Just been on Webcamsmania.com, someone said they had took it off,well its back on now.
Hi Mac,
That was me, several of us used to chat on webcamsmania before it was taken off in April, obviously for upgrade or something, nice that people on here and webcamsmania love to chat about Cala Bona eh !!!! quite a following :)
Hi, if you go on webscamania and look at web cam for cala bona harbour it shows you a big boat in the harbour near middle of picture,but if you look on cala bona hotel web cam it shows a different picture, no boat,so does anyone know which is the latest one ? it looks as if the web cams are just about in the same position.Also on one camera it shows some stalls, but not on the other, very confusing !!! Mac
Hi Mac, ive just checked out webcamsmania and cala bona hotel webcam and both pics are the same, and what you say are stalls are actually tables and chairs. Tables and chairs outside Smithy's and Cala Bona hotel. :sun2
Hi Pat, can see tables and chairs on cala bona hotel website ,but none on webcamsmania. Mac
Hi mac, yes there is, on webcamsmania there is the live webcam pic and underneath is a still pic, you have to have Java tho to be able to view webcamsmania, hope this helps you :tup
Yes you are right pat , sorry about that,i was clicking on the small photo underneath,thanks very much. Mac
ahhhhhhhhhhh so :( to see the Cala Bona putting there table and chairs away on Webcamsmania, ghost town springs to mind :cry roll on July 2012.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.