Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Very very unlikely, All Hotels/Appartments I have been to warn you not to use the Hotels Towels other than your room uses of course.
Boot123 yes they do provide towels for the beach. Regards Denny
Denny, thanks was that this year they provided towels? Is the hotel nice?
as far as i know they have always provided towels for beach.
Yes a very nice hotel.
Denny
I went to this hotel June this year and thye do provide beach towels. You get given a towel card when you check in to swap for towels. You can swap towels daily for clean ones also if you wish. a fantastic hotel.
Hi we stayed in this hotel 2 years ago and the hotel is more like apartments as they are only 2 stories high and approx 8 to each block it can be a bit confusing the first few days. I was given a tip about the towels, at the end of the day there is usually a few left lying around if you pick them up you can gain extra towels,which is very handy if your kids lose one they charge approx £10 pound if you lose 1 and also if you have a late check out room you can get a last minute shower and use a spare towel and not have to worry about the towels in the room being smelly from the day before. I was told this by someone who has been there 3 times and we were a bit crafty there was 10 of us spread over 3 rooms and we only booked 1 late check out room we got one until 8.30pm and so we used our extra towels to make sure everybody had their own just leave them on the terrace/balconay when you leave someone else will pick them up. :roll: :idea: :idea: :wink:
Hi

Other than the Voyage Sorgun and the Magic Club Seven Seas Imperial I have come across this one at a really good price, can anyone let me know if they've visited it so I can ask a few questions please?
I have booked this hotel as I got such a good price and was able to add a break at Disneyland Paris too for my budget - hopefully a good choice.

If anyone has any recent information I would very much appreciate your thoughts.
Glad to hear you have booked something, Pamplemousse. This hotel looks lovely - I checked out their website out of curiosity. The setting looks beautiful too.
Thanks mehmeh1 I thought the setting rather nice, I was also looking at the sister hotel the Voyage Sorgun but the waterslides at the Torba swung it for the boys and it was £500 cheaper. The Sorgun is in a lovely setting with pine trees reminding me a little of Lykia!

I liked the idea that the bedrooms had been refurbished at the Torba this year and the food reports were all very good. I paid £3595 for the 6 of us AI to include the Summer half ter week, so first 2 weeks of June - I thought that was pretty good.

I'm definately keeping the Seven Seas Imperial on my to go list though but thought the boys, especially the one 13 next year, would appreciate the teen club and activities in another year as he's still happy with his siblings at the moment but of course that's all due to change lol.

I got a really good package with DisneyParis too today - Feb half term 3 nights, 2 rooms at the Cheyenne to include all meals (they're doing free meal vouchers) and park tickets for the duration for just over 1k so am well chuffed!!!

At least I can put the brochures away and keep off the websites for now.
Hi Pamplemoouse,
Looks like you got a really good bargin there! I thought Torba was peaceful and tranquil when we visited it, and yet the Dolmus takes you in to Bodrum where you can get yet another Dolmus to other areas! Cheap travel and you get to see some other areas!
Just looked at the Voyage Torba on their website and wow they really have given it a facelift! Rooms are so nice! The views are stunning to!
6 people to get a good price for is a challenge and you have done really well! 7 restaurants to, so plenty of choices! You can now dream away your life like we all tend to do!!! looks superb!Which room styles did you book??
Hi Violet123, yes it does look nice on the website and the rooms too now they've been refurbished. Reading the reviews they've got rid of the tiny ones although I know they are on the small side it doesn't worry me as we spend so little time in them with 4 active kids. I've just booked 2 standard rooms so will take pot luck - we were lucky doing that at the Royal Wings this year as were upgraded to a jacuzzi suite when we arrived. I have noticed on the reviews that if people haven't been too happy with their room they have been offered another with no problems so will bear this in mind lol.

The slides appealed to the kids and the choice of restaurants and good reviews on food plus the lovely pier with thick mattressed sunbeds, me. They also offer free bikes which the kids will like and apparently watersports are reasonably priced and they offer free windsurfing, pedalos and canoes. Anyway I shall be sure to write another war and peace review when we get back, lol.

Apparently there's a good waterpark in Bodrum and it's not an area we've visited before. Like you say there is plenty not too far away and dolmuses are easily available from the hotel, good for us as taxis are no good for the 6 of us.

Where are you off to this year?
Hi Pamplemoose,
We have been to the Barut Lara at xmas/ new year and then the Cornelia Deluxe at easter and the superb Susessi in July! We are having 1 week this year at half term, we do not usually go for a 1 week holiday. We are going to the the Paloma Antalya Renaissance in Beldibi! Going half term week! We have not been to Turkey in October before but need some R and R !! Not going away this xmas though!
Which has been your favourite AI so far to date???
Ooh lucky you violet123. I looked at the Susesi but alas it was too pricey for us :(

I liked both Lykia and Royal Wings but have to say we haven't really been dispaoointed with any of our hotels in Turkey. Lykia had beautiful surroundings, great facilities for the kids and excellent food but we did enjoy Royal Wings for it's Aqua Park, fairground and AI concept which we're finding invaluable now the children are getting older for drinks alone. We went to Aqua Fantasy which we enjoyed as it had a fabulous waterpark, one hard to beat. The food wasn't as good as the others but was adequete and the kids clubs poor but the children spent much of the time in the Aqua Park so that wasn't really a problem. We got a real bargain for that one so all in all value for moneywise it was excellent.

There are several I have my eye on for future years and of course new ones are springing up all the time. I find Turkey offers us everything we want - sunshine, lovely people, short flight time, excellent hotels with AI, turkish baths and spa facilities which are my weakness and reasonably priced excursions which are important for our large family. Just a shame everyone else is beginning to discover all this too, lol.

We went to the Grand Azur last October half term in Marmaris. It was a lovely hotel but only half board and I really missed the AI concept. That said it did encourage us to get out and about more and we did several excursions including horse riding in the mountains and through rivers which was fantastic and would have been far too hot to do in the Summer months.
Hi Pamplemoouse,
I think with children and more so for you, with 4 to pay for, you have a more relaxing holiday without having to keep changing money and buying drinks etc! We go more for the rest and relaxation so we much prefer to budget for a better quality hotel and then we know we are not going to be disappointed!
Yes the Royal Wings is a great hotel! I would enjoy Torba for it is very peaceful but near to a lively resort to mix it up! One for us for a change of scenery I think! problem is the monday flight! I looked for a week next October but the last flight was 18th October which would mean our son missing some college term time which we cannot do at tha stage in his education!!
Nice to have the holidays all booked up!!
We are going to the Limak lara next easter and the Barut lara in August!! we do have to save really hard all year for our holidays! We go without nights out etc to enable us to have our holidays!
Voyage Torba - has anyone been here recently ?
can anyone give me any info on the voyage turkbuku have booked 2 weeks october 2010 cant find much about it would be greatful for any info ie buses to bodrum or turgatreis for market :cheers have been to marmaris 6 years ago but wanted a different experience this time thank you if you can help whitecloud :sun2 :tup
Hi Suemog
Expect Voyage Torba has been closed since October hence the lack of info. Guessing it will open again in April. We are off there in Sept with friends. The hotel looks fantastic and has great reviews for last year so we eagerly await comments from the first of this years visitors.

Hi Whitecloud.
Have you checked out the Voyage Hotels website? It's a mine of information. (Search Voyage Hotels and you will find it). Voyage Turbuku is being refurbed for this year so it should be great. The Dolmus seem to go every where so I am sure you will be able to get around the peninsula easily. We stayed at La Blanche in Turgutreis last year and the market is certainly worth a visit.

Have a good holiday

Dave
I have been able to keep in contact with someone in the complex as I was hoping to get a Deluxe Bungalow for September but in the end a) It was unavailable for some dates and b) I was quoted £2900 for a 14 night stay which I thought wsa excessive.
I was hoping to get this Hotel as our primary choice but time caught up with me I'm afraid.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.