Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi,

I am travelling to Voyage Torba in May with 2 children (4 & 8 months) and I'm hoping someone can help with a query I have.

On the voyage website they talk about the baby buffet and "Hipp brand organic baby foods and other products are available for a fee."

Does anyone know have much the "fee" is and is there a microwave available there that I could use a microwave sterliser with?

I know these are quite specific questions but I've e-mailed the hotel with no responce yet so was hoping for some luck on this forum!

Thanks

Paul
Does anyone know if they supply a kettle in the rooms at Voyage Torba and do they put beer in the fridge or just soft drinks?
Husband asking........
Hi suemog,

No you don't get a kettle and it's just soft drinks in the room.
Thanks for that - will take our own as we like a brew before we go to bed - if not had too much beer that is !!

I take it you've been to the hotel now - what did you think of it. We go in June??
I have just found this hotel and the reviews on it are all fantastic :tup Has anyone been to it?? Would love to hear what you thought. I was wondering what are rules of smoking in this hotel as it doesn't mention anything. Also if you arrived at 3am does that count as your first day. This would be our first holiday in Turkey so dont really know what to expect but think i may just have fell inlove from the reviews. The only thing that is worrying me are my boys will be 14 and 12 and i dont know if they will get bored. Are there long que's (spelling) for slides?? Any info would be great! We are looking to go away end of May and was also wondering what :wave: sort of temps we would be lookin at? Thanks

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Hi Pamplemouse,
nice to have met you and your lovely family at the Voyage Torba - you didn't look a bit stressed with
your 4 lovely children - sorry I never got any of your names but it was lovely to meet you and having
a chat on our terrace. Service didn't improve much the second week except for adopting one of the
waiters (Ram) and promising a big tip - which he got and the lovely girl (Servic) in the 24 hour bar.
I have been looking for your review - have you done one yet? Just done mine.......
Where are you fancying next then?

Sue & Dave x
Ok i have just been onto the trip adviser reviews sight and i really wish i hadn't now!Up until then i had not seen one bad review about the Voyage Torba but i have to say the bad reviews really do out weigh the good by a long chalk. Whats with all the cats around the hotel :que :que . I love cats but i dont want to be bombarded by them on my hols. Some people have even said they are in the dining areas under tables while you eat. Also waiters being cruel by kicking them ( I couldnt stand that either) Also heard a horror story about a dog killing a kitten and a little child seeing this. Are these dog strays? And if so what are they doing inside the resort. Reviews none to clever about getting served with drinks (wouldnt be to bad if you could get your own but people saying they prefere to wait on you) As i said i was on cloud 9 yesterday when i read the other site reviews including HT but now i am more that alittle scared about booking this hotel. Can anyone put my mind at rest :cry I suppose it serves me right for being so bloody nosey lol.
alsbaby,

Reviews are good to get a feel for a place and feedback, but also bear in mind many people won't post a review unless they have something to complain about (mostly) or something to praise. You don't often get in-between reviews. Just take their content with a pinch of salt. I've often read terrible reviews about a place and got their and it's been excellent, with the points raised being minor. It's all about perception. You are always going to get mixed reviews so go with your gut feeling.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/turkey/bodrum-region/torba/voyage-torba-resort-hotel/

Darren
hi alsbaby - We stayed at the voyage torba last June and even though we had a few moans it is still a brill complex.
Food is plentiful - been to two all inclusives since and not had as much food places as the voyage.
The only thing that lets this place down is the waiter service - mostly on the main disco bar at night. But, and it is a big but - they do like to serve you (eventually) but if you stick to your guns and go to the bar it is by miles quicker than waiting for the waiters to come to you and then serve you. same as the restaurant - we waited for orange juice for ages and twice I got up to get my own and the manager said someone will serve me - even saw him telling the guy but ended up in the end getting my own. I don't like to moan on holiday and was getting a bit stressed finding fault with things and in the end thought - i'm on holiday - no rush (still a bit frustrating though for five star) Your kids will love the slide park. We stayed across from it and never saw any queues as such.
We fed the cats quite a few times and never saw any around the restaurants but have done in other hotels - never saw anyone kicking them either. The dogs outside the hotel just lie about around the entrance and aren't allowed in - they too look well fed and quite friendly when we used to see them whilst waiting for a bus outside.
The rooms are non smoking but when booking, please request a balcony or terrace as some of the 2nd floor rooms do not have balconies just a patio window with a low barrier - not sure on family rooms though!
Even after the ups and downs we had we have still recommended this hotel to people - plus saying what we would do different and we would probably go back but may try a different voyage.
P.S Remember to save your white clothes for sundays which is a must !! Music still samey and Ibiza type but lasers made up for that and distracted you from it.
Thanks for the replies Suemog and Dazbo, I have booked for May cant wait!! I am soooooo looking forward to going to this hotel. On our invoice it states balcony or terrace so we should get one hopefully. Again thanks for your advise :cheers
Hi alsbaby
Hope you really enjoy. When you get to your room if it is a 2nd floor one with no balcony tell them straight
away as someone who arrived same time as us didn't get one but they did move them eventually. I advise you to take a copy of the booking form that arrives with your flight tickets as they take this off you when you book in so you can't prove that it said balcony or terrace - you will then have your copy. They do try it on sometimes these hotels - don't they !
Hope you have a great time and say hello to Ram for us - he works on the sky bar - we bribed him with one of those little hand held fans (they call them air condition) they love 'em !!
Thanks for the advise Suemog :tup I will take it and copy my booking form and keep it separate ( here's hoping i wont need to produce it though and the room will be fine) Another question if i may. There have been a few complaints about the waiter service ( drinks) can this be solved by getting up to get your own drink or wont they allow this? As i personally would rather do this anyway instead of relying on others. Ha i sound like an alkie :rofl but it does make sense if you order and it could take upto half an hour to arrive at your table ( dont know how true this is, just what others have said in reviews) I am really looking forward to this holiday. Thanks for the advise :tup Am off now to buy some hand held fans :rofl
Hi alsbaby
We had a bit of trouble getting served the first week - in the disco bar you can go to the bar and get your own. The waiters will say sit down and we'll bring it but just say 'that's fine - we will get it ourselves'. They do come round with cocktails on trays a lot of the time as well so you can just get those anyway. They have proper drinks like Jim Bean and Jack Daniels and Baileys too. The problem we found mostly was in the dining room when we kept getting up to get the juice and the manager kept telling us to sit down and someone will get it - that was frustrating. A girl was going round with it on a trolley but always seemed to turn off somewhere else when someone shouted her. The main problem to me was that the ones in the restaurant always seemed to do everything the same at the same time - like you seem to wait ages for someone to bring you things because they are all cleaning up - then next minute there are about 5 round you asking what you would like - but they are quicker on the cleaning up which is a good thing but wish they would do half and half. The beach bar is a bit similar - one day we went in and sat down - they came to change all the paper place mats that had just been used and then ignored us. We couldn't get through to them that they weren't our left overs and we hadn't eaten yet and just stood staring at us with a stupid grin on his face - was driving us potty !! When we actually ordered they got it wrong but we ate it - must have thought we were right greedy as they thought we had had two meals. The snack bar by the slide pool is very quick though and the food is good so you maybe in there a lot with the kids. Only small hiccups which seem trivial now but as we have been on two all inclusives since then it does make you think they are a bit slack - hopefully someone will read this who is involved with Voyage !! Maybe sorted for this year...........Enjoy
Hi, I agree with everything Suemog says. We were there the same time as her last year and had the great pleasure of meeting up.

You can go to the bar as Sue says but you do often get ignored I'm afraid as the bartenders were only serving the waiters and I would get pretty frustrated when this happened when the kids tried to get a drink and would wait for absolutely ages, the Sky bar was especially bad here.

The complex is very pretty and for anyone not having done AI in Turkey I'm sure they's think it was great. I think it has the potential to be excellent, but in comparison to other AI in Turkey we have visited it lets itself down on attention to detail with the customer service. The A la Cartes were very good but we were often rushed and in some instances didn't even get offered a drink before our starters arrived or in one case our main courses. We usually like to linger over an a la carte meal but felt that they wanted you in and out as quick as possible which did spoil it somewhat for us.

I was also disappointed that the bikes they advertised were for adults only and felt there could have been more kids' facilities. You can get board games, table tennis and tennis raquets from the animation hut on the beach entrance.

The snack bar at the pool was very popular with our elder two who would often go there for lunch and the waitresses there were very good with them. The enjoyed the slides which are open 10-2 and 2-5 I think - great fun.

I think the balcony issue was pot luck. We were near Suemog but had no balconies on the first floor despite these showing on the booking form. They are actually french balconies which open out but are not possible to sit out on - I think that's how they get away with it and we were told we couldn't have 2 rooms together so had to make do with ours.

Sorry, don't mean to sound too negative and we did enjoy our holiday but as I say it could really be improved with just a bit more staff training which is a shame really.

Do take inflatables with you though as these are expnesive on-site. Holidaymakers often leave them behind in designated areas too so you should be able to trade well.
Hi Pamplemousse thanks for the reply, I never even thought about the slides being open at certain times i should have though cos when we went to Cala Dor they had a little waterpark for little ones and that was timed. I really hope that the waiter service has been sorted out alittle by the time we go cos as you have said it would get alittle annoying. I need the balcony as i smoke and from what i can gather the rooms are none smoking. Hopefully we will get the room we are expecting. We have never stayed AI as a family ( As a couple on a cruise but the kids have not) Our 14yr old gives another meaning to all you can eat lol ( wouldnt mind but he is like a twig) Sorry :offtop but hope our flight are not delayed as we are going with TC and have heard a few horror stories. Again thanks for the reply :tup
Hi alsbaby I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. The AI concept is great when you have kids as they can get drinks and snacks all day long. There's a wonderful patisserie there with cakes of all sorts to die for and also several flavours of ice cream. There's a good selection in the buffet restaurant and of course a good choice of a la cartes, the beach and pool bar and also the pancake hut so you won't go hungry.

Any more info you need, fire away.
yep alsbaby - fire away to both of us - but pamplemouse has 4 very good kids so she will know more on the 'kid front'
Take your white clothes though for Sunday nights - music was not to my taste most of the time but the laser show is brill.
One more bit of advice that I can't remember mentioning - when you want to book the restaurants you have to ring at 10 in the morning. we used to ask for a table for 2 and they always said none available do you want to share - I know there is more of you but either way just say yes as we got our own table anyway. Pamplemouse will be able to tell you about that situation better than me - won't you T ! - not long off your next one now is it ?
LOL Suemog, they're not always little angels unfortunately :rofl

Yes you need to be on the phone a couple of minutes before 10 and keep redialing to get through for the restaurants. If you really have difficulty it's worth going into guest relations and see if they can sort something for you, we did and so did others who were having difficulties.

Yes not long now Suemog, 7th April I think for Easter holidays back to Lykia World. The facilities there are fantastic for children but the weather will be a bit hit and miss and the pools cold I expect. Still looking forwrd to it though. :sun2
We chatted up the night manager - can't remember his name now - he used to walk us back to our rooms some nights when he got bored. He booked us into the restaurants and we just confirmed it with guest relations.x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.