Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ElleDee,

You might be better looking at the Onur Air thread as this is who you'll be flying with. Hand luggage is 5kg and they sometimes weigh it. You are permitted one piece. If your bag is large and bulging, chances are they'll question it. If it's obviously not over the limits, they won't bother.

Darren
Hi.
I have never used these before but obviously a few of you have.
They are quoting good prices from Newcastle for May 2010 and I have been offered a really good price for accommodation direct in Olu Deniz.
Has anyone had any problems with these in the past?
They are ABTA bonded though.

Lisa :)
ElleDee, I have seen hand luggage weighed at Dalaman with onur air but not to often, They have never weighed hand luggage from my Departure Airport.
Hi huge abba fan we use Onur year after year with no problems at all. Basic airline expensive drink and food on board but other than that they are fine We always book our flights a year in advice and the flight times have changed now and then but nothing drastic ;)
Hi celine . dead on about food and drink prices being steep . we bought one cheese sandwich on the return on saturday cost 6 euros (5 quid) .as the flight was 3 hours late ,we had no other option but to buy it as they dont do meals anymore and it choked me as I hate being ripped off . Regards wee-john :( :(
in May any hand luggage which looked bulky was weighed. If you were slightly over the limit on your hold luggage they automatically asked to see your hand luggage, pretty strict this year
I arrived home from Dalaman early hours yesterday flying with Onur air and while we were at the airport they did weigh the hand luggage, my friends hand luggage weighed in at 8kg and her main luggage was 22kg and they let her straight through, everyone was weighing there luggage before the check in was open and many were over there limit but all got through with no problems. They did sell sandwiches on board on the return flight but over £5 for a small sandwich wasnt worth it. On the flight out they offered us free drinks and a free meal. Our flight going out from EMA was delayed 7hs which wasnt a pleasant experience.
Greetings . Just booked with aegean for 3 weeks ,11 sept 2010 >> 2oct .175 pounds p/p .still a long way off but the price was ok . still only 15KG hold baggage . regards wee-john :D :D
hi off the subject, but does any one know when major tour operators are selling summer 2010 turkey flights
thanks
donnablue,

Thomas Cook
Thomson
Monarch
Onur Air (via Aegean, H4U, Goldtrail etc)

Not all are on sale yet, expect them from around 1st July.

Darren
thanks darren have you any idea what sort of prices id be looking at for august?
donnablue,

Have a look on their websites when they are released and do some dummy bookings to give you an idea. It depends where you are wanting to depart from and on what date. I would expect something around £200-250 with the main charter carriers. Onur Air will be cheaper generally.

Darren
Hello, Can somebody help me please...

I am just looking at agegan to book for 2010. Do you and additional fee for your 15kgs luggage? OR is this in addition to a luggage allowance? I am a little confused... :duh

Thanks
Ruth
ruth24s,

Baggage is a chargable extra from 2010. You don't get any baggage allowance (other than hand luggage), with the option of pre-booking 15kg at £6 per flight (£12 return) or an extra 5kg (ie 20kg) for an additional £20 (£40 return).

Darren
Thanks for your speedy response in clarifying what in the world I misunderstood!!

Ruth
ohhhh I've made a school girl error... I have paid for our 15kg each on the outbound flight, but have forgotton to do it for the inbound flight! Do you think they will let me add it on before we fly!?
haymans74,

You aren't the first and won't be the last! You might be able to add luggage to the return portion of your flight on View Your Booking.

Darren
Thanks Darren, I'll check it out! What a wally I am
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.