Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
majorcagirl,

Jet2 Have Nothing To Do With Thomas Cook And It Is Most Likely That Thomas Cook Have Chartered Their Flight For You.
Sunset Is A Thomas Cook Brand, See Here

Jet2's Baggage Policy Here

And For Information On Seating, Have You Got Flight Numbers And Travel Dates

Gower
majorcagirl,

Sunset is a tour company that are part of Thomas Cook Group. As a tour company, they sell package deals from Thomas Cook, but also use other airlines. They have nothing to do with Jet2 commercially, they've just booked flight with them on your behalf as part of a package deal. The luggage allowance given will be a negotiated allowance between the tour operator and the airline based on the fare type they have (normally discounted). You need to speak to Sunset about increasing luggage allowance. 15kg is Sunset's standard allowance regardless of Jet2's. As Gower mentions, we need to know your flight details in order to establish aircraft type. Jet2 use Boeing 737-300 and Boeing 757-200. You'll find aircraft information on our What Aircraft? thread. If you look rows 1-9 and 18+ on the 737 and 1-12 or 25+ on the 757, you'll avoid the wing.

Darren
Just an update for the benefit of Linsi. I have checked in online which was a bit of a pain as you have to do it one by one then print them off. It def says 22kg on the boarding pass. I didn't opt to sit together as it was £4.99 more per person each way but ran the risk of someone booking in inbetween so then we wouldn't have been sat together but it all worked out ok, we have a 2 and a 2 for the 4 of us right at the back of the plane by the looks of it, 41 A, B, E, and F. and I notice the seats C and D are for adults only, it says that they are emergency seats and that the occupants may be needed in the event of an emergency, (not heard of that before)

I couldn't book the return because its more than 28 days before, took me a while to fathom that one out but I will go back to it in a week or so and try then.

I think that you only have to submit your passport details if you opt for the online check in, that's the way I understand it anyway. Hope this helps.

Sue :)
thank you all for your replies.
we go on 23rd. may, returning on 30th may
flight nos. LS2053/LS2054
We've been flying for nearly 30years but I have to have something to worry about :tup
majorcagirl,

It's not showing in the system so it's looking like a Thomas Cook charter rather than a booking on a Jet2 flight. I should imagine it's a 737-300.

Darren
thanks darren. I seem to remember that with one company we had a layout of the aircraft which showed you all the seats with numbers, or would that have been on a boarding ticket?
Where we live (north essex) there is a lot of opposition to a second runway at stansted, but as we use it all the time we don't join in the protests
bee
majorcagirl,

You mean a seating plan in the ticket booklet sent out to you? That would have been Thomsonfly. You can access seating plans online with Jet2 after you've booked flights with them as part of online check-in / select your seat. You'll not have access to that though if it's a charter. If you use STN, you aren't in a position to opose expansion are you really!

Darren
what I find so hypocritical is the people who rant on about stansted and carbon footprints, drive petrol guzzling cars and fly out of gatwick!!! Case of NIMBY I think. :cheers
To avoid this thread drifting off topic, can we stick to discussion about Jet 2 please.

Many thanks
David :wave
Cheers for that Sue, and everyone else that posted (especially you Darren, always there with your advice).

22kg it is then!!
But not confident about the online check in :rofl
Lins
Darren another for you I am afraid.
I am looking to book a cruise out of Rome on the 7th September. I will book my own flights with Jet2 direct from LBA.
The flight time is 08.45 due in Rome 12.30. I will then need to transfer to the Port which is at Cetivvachia (spelling) I understand that the Port is around 90 Min's transfer. The Ship sails at 18.00. Will I have enough time to fly out on the day?
I could fly out on Sunday 6th and stay either at the Airport Rome or at the Port. Your views would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sue
keela1eva2,

Ships aren't my speciality really!! Is there a specified time you need to be at the ship before it sails, like a check-in time? If your flight arrives in Rome at 1230 local, say it takes you an hour to collect bags and pass through the airport, and 1.5 hour transfer to the ship, then you'll be there for say 3pm. I'd say you've plenty of time to make the ship providing there's not much of a delay to your flight. i'd check on the specifics of the cruise though, there's probably a cut off time youneed to be on the boat by as I'd imagine they'd close the doors in preperation for sailing an hour or so before they set sail.

Darren
Thanks Darren

I believe that I need to be on the Ship 90 minutes before sailing which means 16.30 hrs. I need to think this through carefully before I commit to the flights. There is a flight on the Sunday 6th so should I decide to fly out a day early.

Thanks again

Sue
Hi am flying out monday at 6.55 from manchester to ibiza have booked seat 1 f can you tell me if this is extra leg room and a good seat cant change it now though as have checked in online and printed boarding pass also do they have tvs and can you buy a drink and a meal thanks for any help
a judy,

MAN-IBZ (LS169) are operated by a Boeing 737-300. Row 1 at the front of the aircraft offer extra legroom seats. Row 1 A/B/C are the ones with the most legroom as there's nothing infront (next to the door), 1 D/E/F have a bulkhead infront. There's still plenty of room although taller people can't strech their legs out fully. They are nice seats, but I prefer 6 A/F as you get nice views out of the window and have the engine in the forground (good for taking photos!). They don't offer inflight entertainment as a low cost airline. Food and drink is available for purchase onboard. Details of what's availalbe are on Jet2's website. You'll find more aircraft details on our What aircraft? thread as well as my trip reports.

Darren
just posted a question about jet2 in the wrong place! Had an email from a friend who reckons that watchdog on said bbc tonight reckoned that the airline was in trouble. Any truth in it?
majorcagirl .. I didn't see the programme but according to the BBC Watchdog site, the story relates to passengers being asked to foot the bill, following a medical emergency on board a flight:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/05/jet.html#more

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.