Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
jet2.com definitely do not have an e-mail address. The only way to contact them is via their website when booking or amending a booking. After which, when their website says you have not paid, but they have actually taken 3 different amounts from you, the only avenue open to you is to call the call centre in India, who tell you that someone will come back to you in 24-48 hours. When they haven't got back to you, they then tell you that they mean working hours (weekends not included!). I have paid £360 for a flight which could have cost £104 + £27.50 amendment charge. Apparently the only way to complain is in writing to P0 Box 314, Leeds, LS19 9EL. If you call their head office they tell you they have no-one that you can speak to and that you must call India!

Good luck all

Juana
Hi
I have just amended my jet 2 booking to include jet2 plus, but i am a bit worried that this has been a mistake, has anybody used it. I usually pay for double leg room so I think I should have done this again.

Michelle
michelle45,

It depends what your motives for booking Jet2+ where; if you wanted easy of transitting the airport and use of a lounge and meal onboard, then it's worthwhile. However, if you were looking at extra legroom seating, then it's probably the wrong thing to book.

Darren
Just like me, do things on the spur of the moment and then think about what I have done, you would have thought that at my age I would have learnt my lesson. Thought, when I read that you get seats up front of the cabin that they would have more leg room until I looked into it further.

Wont tell my other half until we get to the airport then that he wont be able to stretch out - maybe he will be in the holiday spirit and not gripe as much.

Michelle
You can still book extra leg room seats Michelle - think they are about £15 pp each way.

This is what you've booked so make a note!!! :rofl

http://www.jet2.com/plus.aspx
Woops :duh Think Ive slipped up. Thought seats up front would have extra leg room - more expense. Only positive thing about it is the fast track through checking in at Faro airport, I hate all that queuing.
michelle45,

If no one else has booked extra legroom seating, then its likely you'll get priority and get the seats. But they normally get booked up so there are no guarantees, unless you book them.

Darren
Hi Darren
Maybe I will be lucky, I have flown to Faro three times now by Jet 2, and the planes have only been half full and that was at the end of August beg of September.

Michelle
I dont know if this has been covered already so my apologies if it has. I have recently noticed the astronomical increase in baggage charges with Jet 2. My in-laws have just come over from Spain for Easter and as Victor Meldrew would say, " I cannot believe it!!!" They are now charging coppers short of £30.00 per person return for luggage!!!!!!!! When we booked for Alicante last August for travel in May they charged us just over £55.00 for the 4 of us return. If we had booked now, it would have been £120.00, day light robbery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue :)
Jet 2 seem to be suffering from a lack of competition at the moment, especially out of Leeds. Their prices are very high, :omg certainly not low cost and the planes are themselves very old. Think they are trying to outdo O Leary...Easyjet beat them hands down from everywhere, and you get to fly in a new jet , which is what we are doing this year.. ;)
Hi all,
Looking at booking flights with jet2 in Aug 09 Manchester to Palma,have been looking at some of the reviews and some are stating that they have been charged twice for the same flights is this just a blip or does it happen a lot, also is the online check-in ok at Manchester (bag drop off) or is it better to check-in as normal,

Regards Pete.
peye ren,

I would imagine it was just a glitch as I've never had a problem when paying for flights with Jet2. Online check-in is excellent; saves queing and ideal if you only have hand luggage. If you have bags to drop off, you still have to queue at the airport to check them in so it doesn't always save time.

Darren
Thanks Darren,
Can you tell if I am right in thinking that the LS831 Manchester to Palma is the first flight out so its possible there will be no delays or if so not to long.

Regards Pete.
peye ren,

The LS831 Is The First Flight Of The Morning For That Aircraft, So The Delays Should Not Be Too Lng Providing There Are No Technical Problems On The Morning

Gower
Jet2 Holidays 10% Off On Bookings Up To 31st May (£150 Spend Applies) Code - summersun

Gower
Hi all,
Looking at booking flights with jet2 Manchester to Palma in Aug 09, Can anyone tell me the seats to avoid ie no window view ect ect.

Thanks Pete.
  • Edited by David 2009-04-16 10:19:44
    Merged with Jet2 Q&As topic
peye ren,

It depends which flight you are looking at and whether its a 737 or 757. There's no window on row 8 I think it is on the 737 and row 11 on the 757. Apart from that, it's personal preference.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.