Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
:( so what's wrong with Wales then? Cardiff's got rubbish choice of destinations and now no promo :cry
Hi Shirley ... the bmifriday promotion runs on the last Friday of each month, with discounts offered on selected fares and various routes each time.

David :wave
thanks for that David. If only I'd known a few weeks ago when I booked 2 flights to malaga over Easter :duh Still, I don't suppose the promo would include flights over the peak period.
Shirley

the "offer" is for BMI not BMIBaby so Cardiff won't feature because they don't go there. And the rest don't get much, the routes on offer today were limited to Heathrow to Almaty, Heathrow to Tehran, Manchester to Aberdeen, Manchester to Lyon, Manchester to San Francisco and limited to travel between October 1st and March 31st.
For anybody who missed the recent Watchdog programme, here's an article that may be of interest

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11250592
first time bmibaby with online check in
Am I to presume that when I check in online that I print my boarding cards out for both flights (I'm returning the same day) and that when at the destination airport to come home I just go straight into security etc?

Thanks.
I've got flights booked with Bmi Baby for Easter. I'm a bit concerned because I've been informed today of another flight time change- This is the second notification of a change I've received during the last few weeks. Just wondering what's going on. The new time isn't too bad as it stands, as it's only 5 hours later than the original flight time but I'm hoping they won't change it yet again. I'm a bit worried that they might change the actual day as that would leave me in a bit of a pickle- I've booked hotel separately.

Has anyone else had their flights with BMI Baby changed recently?
Thanks
only 5 hours later
that's quite a change on a short flight - it works out as over a whole round trip difference. Where's it to and when did you first book?
Hi Steve,

I first booked the flight from Cardiff to Malaga back in July - flight departure time 7am. Had an e-mail notification in November of time change from 7am to 7.10am :que Then just yesterday was notified that it has now changed to 12.10. I'm not very happy about losing those hours but it could be worse. I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't change to an even later time.
That's what I suspected and what I've warned about before, booking that far in advance they would have been using a rough plan not an agreed timetable. Easter this year is quite late and in the "summer" plan. Not so long ago airlines didn't release seats for summer until about Christmas but as one started doing it most followed suit trying to get some extra cash to work with. That route looks like it's been accomodated around others, it runs 7 days a week but at 5 different times ranging from 06:05 to 18:30 and none of them what you were originally sold! The big issue here is that a 5 hour change could have made your travel plans impossible but their T&Cs probably say they can change by up to 12 hours before you have any right to a refund.
There is increasing speculation that BMI may withdraw from serving Scotland from Heathrow.

This would be a major blow for those who use BMI for connecting flights under Star Alliance code share flights and also one wonders what this would mean to the prices on BA who wouldbe the sole supplier between Glasgow/Edinburgh and Heathrow.

Certainly BMI have from the 80's if I remember correctly provide a reasonable alternative to BA. They have reduced the frequency between LHR-GLA and indeed especially at weekend have even utilised the smaller Embraer aircraft on the route.

Nivsy
Airline ends vital business link for Scotland

Bmi has confirmed that it will suspend its Heathrow to Glasgow service because of increases in airport operator BAA's domestic passenger charges at the London airport.

The airline recently warned that the move was in the offing when it met with Scottish MPs to discuss the devastating effect of the new charges which are effective from April 1. The charge is set to rise from £13 to £20.

The seven daily flights between Heathrow and the Scottish city will stop on March 27.
The news will be a blow to the Scottish economy as the service is much used by business travellers.

A statement from Bmi said: "In light of the imposed increases by BAA, Bmi has launched a complaint under section 41 of the Airports Act 1986 and has asked the CAA to investigate BAA as it believes the airport operator is unreasonably discriminating against domestic passengers and domestic operators from London Heathrow.

It adds: "Bmi is committed to Scotland and Northern Ireland and regards its UK and Ireland network as part of its core business and will continue to focus on strongholds like Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Belfast City, each operating six times a day, and to Dublin operating five times a day."

There are 138 Bmi staff at Glasgow airport and the airline has admitted that a number of them are at risk of redundancy.

Meanwhile the airline has also announced that from April it will offer new services from Heathrow to Bergen and Stavanger in Norway and also to Casablanca and Marrakech.

With permission from Travelmole
Yep first suspected back in the middle of this month...sad sad day for GLA and the regulars who use BMI and Star Alliance.

:(
there's a coincedence! they are starting a 3 flights a day service from LHR to Basel on - would you believe it -27th March! So doesn't this new charge apply to internatonal routes or have they been telling porkies to the MPs?

The Basel route (and new once a day Manchester-Basel) is code share with Swiss and they are usually cheaper see http://www.swiss.com
Good point Steve-lol

The fact is they have losing 1 million a month on the GLA route and their Lufthansa owners want toutilise the slots on more profitable routes from LHR. I guess Basel may offer that extra revenue...

Nivsy
Just had an e-mail today from BMI baby offering me to pre-book my seats. I'm flying from Malaga to Cardiff on flight number 2201. The plan of the plane shows it's config is 3-3 with 26 rows. Row 12 only has 2 seats so I'm thinking about booking these for myself and partner. can somebody tell me, if there will be less room in these seats and also whether we'll have a window view or not? Thanks.
Is there anybody who can advise me on my previous post please? I'm hoping to book asap. Thank You :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.