Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi
can you tell me what type of plane flies cardiff to faro and how long is the flight? can you prebook specific seats
thks
Lizzie P,

I assume you're flying with Bmi Baby? They operate Boeing 737-300's. You'll find more aircraft details on our What Aircraft? guide. You can pre-book seating through their website at £7.99 per flight for standard seats or £10.99 for extra legroom.

Darren
hi-yes were flying with bmi-thanks for the info-weve booked our seats now, i hate flying-is it normally a route with a lot of turbulance? i nearly didnt go but after the summer weve had fancied a bit of sun!
Lizzie P,

Turbulance can happen on any flight at any time. It all depends on the weather conditions on the day. The flight crew will do all they can to avoid it and ensure you have as smooth and comfortable a flight as possible. I've flown the route a few times and it's normally smooth.

Darren
i hope its smooth-is it a nice aircraft? thanks for all your help!
Lizzie P,

The 737-300 is a common workhorse. They are nice enough, but getting on a bit now and are quite basic. They are comfortable enough though for short to medium flights.

Darren
Hi,

Can you tell me what the luggage allowance is for BMIbaby flights to Spain is please?

I have never used them before and apparently it is a ticketless flight.

Thanks,

Katie.
Elvischeeseburger,

Baggage information is on Bmi Baby's website. You'll have an e-ticket so you just need your passport and booking reference (I normally print the confirmation email and take it with me) when you check-in, or check-in online.

Darren
We have just found a package with Soverign holidays. Our flights are with BMI (8241/8242) and am wondering which a/c will be operating the flight. I would imagine it would be a A320 or A330, but could it be a leased flight (IE to MON or TOM).
Nick 1992,

No chance of an A332 I'm afraid! They are exclusively used on long haul flights. It'll be a chartered A320 (assuming MAN-SSH?).

Darren
Will it be a BMI A320 a/c (i know they do charters during the summer season) or wil it be charter from a local egyptian carrier.?

Thanks Darren for the quick reply
anybody travelled with bm to dalaman b4 from manchester,just wondering wot they are like.
Nick 1992,

If it's a BD flight code, it'll be operated by Bmi (main line).

Darren
jont_1,

Bmi operate A319 and A320 aircraft on Turkish Charters, mainly the A320. You'll find more information including my trip reports on our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
We have travelled with British Midland (BD) quite a few times also we are going Manchester to Dalaman late Sept deliberately found the flights they are a very nice plane the main thing is they have a good seat pitch Darren (dazbo) will tell you more info he has some pics of his flight a couple of years ago.They are alot better them T/C .They go out from terminal 3 which is smaller so less people around.
Hi,

I have just read on another forum that BMI are not flying Heathrow to Palma Majorca after November this year. Can anyone shed any light on this please, as I have friends who are booked with them for June 2010!!

I have tried to do a booking for next june but it won't let me!!

Thanks all.

Deb.
As far as I am aware Palma stops on 3rd November of this year.

Venice is also being withdrawn during November.

Flights between East Midlands and Cologne and between Manchester and Glasgow also due for the "chop" later this month.

The slots at Heathrow will go towards more "demanding " routes although it remains to be seen if such slots will be occupied by the livery of BMI.

Nivsy
Thanks nivsy,

She has rung them today, they have confirmed they are not flying to Palma after 3rd nov. She has also just received an email from them.

They have asked her to ring back on friday of this week to find out what will happen.

Thanks again for your reply.

Deb.
Airline drops two routes

Bmi is dropping routes from Heathrow to Palma and Venice this winter.

The airline ends flights to Majorca on November 3 followed by Venice on November 15.

Managing director Dominic Paul said: "There's no doubt that there is stiff competition on the London to Palma and Venice routes, and that both are predominantly booked by the leisure customer.

"Given the financial pressures that all airlines are facing currently, it's our strategy to focus on ensuring we offer our customers the best possible experience on a network of routes that can operate profitably for us, which regrettably means the end of the Heathrow to Palma and Venice services."

With permission from Travelmole
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.