Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi

As we are flying with Viking out of Manchester on 14 Oct and having read mixed reviews. I decided to monitor the flight, (first flight out of Man 5am). Over the past 6 weeks it has been consistently late taking off, with delays ranging from just under an hour to 1 1/2 hours late on one occasion. I realise that it is rare for a flight to be on time and dont mind a small delay, but!! As it is the first flight out I would expect it to be on time or thereabouts. Is anyone aware of a problem? is it the airline or the airport?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Ta

Tony

Apologies if this should be in the Manchester airport forum as unsure which would be most suitable.
TonyH,

Delays are cause by any number of reasons. It could be anything from a late inbound aircraft, ground handling issues, ATC etc. If you have your flight numbers, I can track the flight to see if it's been late incoming on previous flights or if it's delays on the ground. I suspect ground handling given the time of day. An hour or so isn't too bad, I once ad a 52 hour delay! (not Viking).

Darren
To be honest...at this time of year there shouldn't be much of a delay. Give or take an hour delay isn't too bad and is an every day occourance expected from all airlines. Recently Viking flights out of MAN have been departing on time and it should be nothing to worry about. Even if you are delayed an hour it is most likely you will make up time during the flight anyway, its really nothing to worry about and as mentioned its usually ATC/slot restrictions or ground handling issues which again are not a fault of the airline.

Enjoy your flight with Viking
We flew out of MAN to Skiathos with Viking on 18th Sept at 6.25am. The flight out was delayed 15 mins (Due I think to the knock-on effect from a delay with a slightly earlier flight - Thomsons I think) but everything else was perfectly okay.
The flight staff were really friendly and helpful, the on board food was reasonably priced (£3.50 for a hot bacon panini with tomato sauce, they were yummy) Baggage allowance was a bit tight at 15Kg for hold luggage, but made you focus on what you really wanted to take!
Seats were comfy and leg room was good (Hubby is 6' 4" and he was comfy)
We flew back on 25th Sept on the 12.55pm flight which departed 5 mins early, but was slightly delayed in Mykanos (Where we called on the way back to refuel and pick up some other passengers). However, we made up the time on the flight back and arrived at MAN on time.
Overall, I would have no hesitation in booking a flight with Viking in the future.
Returned from Lanzarote on Thursday 1st October. i found the flights with Viking to be very good everything on time and in fact 20 mins early from Lanzarote. More leg room than with Monarch last year would deffinately use again.
Anyone know the route for flight no VIK271 Manchester - Tenerife
Departs Manchester 20 December 2009 at 12:00 Arrives Tenerife 18:00 so looks like it may well be via another airport any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Craig
craig_uk,

Who have you booked with? It's not showing on VIK's schedule so I assume it's a charter? I can't imagine it'll stop anywhere, it should be a non-stop flight.

Darren
Darren

Booked it Via Travelrepublic website and its is booked with Kiss Flights both their confirmation and Travelrepublic's show depart 12:00 arrive 18:00 might just be a typo?
Had to rebook as I was caught up with the collapse of Custom Flights earlier today so just booked what was available this morning and it was the Viking flight,

Craig
craig_uk,

I'm not sure why it's showing as 6 hours outbound. It's non-stop from what I can see :que

Darren
?? time zones possibly??

UK and Tenerife are the same time, so that wouldn't explain it.

I can see flight VIK271 shown on the Travel Republic website and not only do they give the times as 1200 arriving 1800, they also quote the flight duration as 6 hours and indicate that it is a direct non-stop flight. :hmmm
Return flight VIK272 is also shown as direct and non-stop, but with a flight duration of just 4hrs 30mins, which is nearer the norm.

Perhaps either a phone call to Travel Republic, or a PM to steved1 for clarification.

David :wave
Thanks for all the posts, I have now had confirmation from Travelrepublic that the outbound flight on 20 December is operating via Bristol and thats the reason it shows travel time of 6 hours

Many thanks

Craig
Thanks for the update Craig. That explains the longer flight duration, but obviously they have an error on their website which allows it to be shown as a Direct Non Stop flight from Manchester.

David :wave
I get nervous booking flights, but if i book through flightline for viking airways im proctected is this correct??
aella851,

They are ABTA bonded so yes. You can use a creadit card for extra protection as well.

Darren
Viking Airlines, on behalf of Kiss Flights, have secured additional dpartures from Glasgow this summer because of the demise of Globespan.

They will be offering 12 summer routes to Mediterranean destinations from April.

They include Spain, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus and Turkey.

Nivsy
I'm flying from Manchester to Corfu on the 6th September, flight no is VIK415/6.

Any idea what sort of aircraft it will be?

Cheers

Phil
phil220886,

MAN-CFU-MAN (VIK415/6) should be operated by a Boeing 737-800. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below).

Darren
Thanks for the quick response Daz!

Phil
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.