Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I only have 35 minutes on my connection so I rang Qatar and they assured me that there wouldn't be a problem as the minimum time they allow is 30 minutes. I guess if the connection is missed because of their running late they have to take care of you and get you on another flight.
I am more concerned about the baggage catching the flight than me !!!
Well we've booked the flights now so what ever happens i'm still going can't wait...
I've done a 45 min transfer with Qatar at Doha and even had time to buy a couple of bottles at duty free!

You should have no problems.
Don't get giving me no bad ideas"booze" Now i'll probably miss the plane through my own fault getting all loaded up.. :rofl
Have you got any idea what luggage weight i'm allowed booked through southall travel got my e-tickets but no weight allowance on there that i can see. :que
Thanx dazbo the reason i asked is i was told that if you book direct with Qatar you get 20kgs but if you book with southall you get 30kgs...So some people who are thinking they are getting 30kgs are going to be in a dilemma when they get the excess charges at the desk...
QR42 to Goa from Manchester in January.......
Will it be the A320 ?
Are there any extra leg room seats available in economy (eg exit seats) and if so what seat numbers.
Dont mind paying to stretch out a bit more.
Thanks
CG
cybergran,

Qatar operate Airbus A330-300's (odd occasions -200's) to/from Manchester. Your connecting flights to Goa are operated by Airbus A320-200. Exit rows are available. You can view the seat maps on Qatars website.

Darren
:cheers Dazbo5,
Thank you,much appreciated.
First time D.I.Y. to Goa,am used to the travel agent doing the work,
and I am trying to get everything organised even though its not until January. :sun2
CB
I've pre-booked my seats and meals also got 30kgs luggage with Qatar through Southall Travel its getting better by the minute can't wait till nov... :tup
I have booked with southall travel and our allownace is deffo 20 Kg just the other day I had to ring Southall to ask about this and was told by the lady that it is deffo 20 I dont understand this some people on the forum say 30 and yet southall are telling me 20 :que :que colleen
I/C I think it depends on the size of plane your on and how much you pay for your ticket plus we are going different times maybe they change planes through the season,i know my plane if different to polly's which is the one your on..I hope this helps..
The aircraft size doesn't make a difference, it's probably the tarrif you're on.

Darren
i have a stopover of 10 hours at Dhoha, as i am flying economy with Quatar is there any facilities/lounge i will be able to use at Dhoha .and can anyone tell me how much it would cost and where/if i can book it?

cheers
Bill
Hi
Way back in May I booked Qatar airlines flights to/from Manchester to Bangkok, via Doha - departing 16th November QR 042/QR612, and returning into Manchester on 26th November QR611/QR041.
These were booked via Hayes and Jarvis as part of a package holiday - and a very large deposit exceeding the whole air fare was charged then.
I have now discovered that flights QR042 and QR041 don't in fact operate on those dates - Qatar operate different flight numbers at different times on those days. These would mess up all interlinked arrangements like transfers and hotels.
It's all turned into a bit of a mess. :(

I'm trying to get in touch with H&J to find out options - if any exist - but I'm hitting the usual:- premium rate phone numbers, "you are in a queue" , and "you need to talk to operations, not customer service" issues.

My question for the HT experts - in preparation for discussions with H&J
- did Qatar recently change their flight schedule to make QR042 only fly alternate days
- or was this whole booking a possible scheduling mistake by H&J?
A little more on my last post - I've now been told that QATAR have in fact cancelled QR042/QR041 on alternate days.
H&J tell me that they are "Working through" existing bookings and currently are working on people who depart "next month".
Which I read as customers might not hear until just one month before they go that there's a problem!
I don't think that's really good enough.

However, whichever Tour Op you have - I'd suggest that any other folk booked on QR042/QR041 Man/Doha
do check the Qatar website to see whether their flight still exists on the day they've booked it for.
Or an unpleasant surprise might be waiting....
ukbill,

Qatar have operated the same schedule for a while now, but the times change from time to time. They're currently operating as follows as far as I know;

QR42: Dep MAN 0930 operating on Weds, Fri, Sun
QR46: Dep MAN 1430 operating on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat

But operate the following in November:

QR42: Dep MAN 0820 operating on Weds, Fri, Sun
QR46: Dep MAN 1400 operating on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.