Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
no one will yet, it has not yet been released. Well no one that comes on here that will post it(HQ onbord product managers)

I will be able to post it before you go so check about the 1st July it will be on before then.
Hi there.

Thanks very much for that.I'm only asking out of curiosity rather than need!Another silly question here.
How far into the flight would the meals (whatever the menu is!) be served.? Again just out of curiosity!.

Thanks.

David
There is no set "lunch time" onboard, as it depends how busy the first drinks service is sometimes it takes 40 minutes sometimes nearly 2 hours(although admittedly I am basing this on Thomsonfly which has 30 more passengers) depending on how much people want. There are also other factors like turbulence that could suspend service's that slows things down etc...

get some snacks on the drinks service or take some snacks/visit boots prior to boarding.

I am presuming you are in Star Class.

Star Class premier should not take as long to do drinks and the meal you get is far more substantial so don't ruin it with snacks!!
I am flying with First Choice in July to Punta Cana. Does anyone know what films will be showing then? I will be in standard class, but may upgrade for the £5 option.
Hiya,
take a look up there ^^^ davedee already asked that question about July's entertainment.

come back in a couple of weeks and the info will be here.
The thought of not HAVING to watch a "Chick Flick" or a kids film is quite appealing!

David
Yes, its nice to have the choice, although last years' films I thought were very poor.
We were in premium, and apart from the quick check-in, didn't think it was worth the extra.
The films don't seem to be as good as Thomsonfly- perhaps because overall there is more movies if you count inbound and outbound(Thomson just have around 12films for you to choose from both out/home) on First Choice but they have the same budget. SCP is good but so is Star class, especially for an economy product so it makes it hard to beat or improve upon. Personally go for extra legroom in SC (if you need it) and save the money, First Choice Star Class Premier is too big to make it a "personal service" in my opinion.
Hi all,
Our family of 5 are flying with First Choice this summer to Orlando (Sanford) from East Midlands Airport (EMA). As this is a new service from EMA, my family are looking for answers to a few of our questions from anyone who has recently returned from their holiday. Basically we would like to know how everything went with the flight. Here are some points which we all have asked about:

Economy class
- 33 inch leg room might sound good, but how is after the person in front has reclined there seat?
- An In flight entertainment is paramount on a long haul flight, we know that everyone has there own system, but does it work reliably? I.e. does it keep crashing etc.
- one asked which movies where available? 5 Outbound, 5 Inbound.
- Cabin crew service? Good/bad/ok?
- Food, one word, EDIBLE!!!????
- Pre-booked seats, any problems?
- Any other details which you feel would be helpful.
If anyone out there could answer these questions, we would be truly grateful.

Many thanks
Dan
:cheers
Hi,

1:The EMA-SFB service is now in its 2nd year(at least if my memory serves me correctly) so is running quite smoothly
2:The IFE on board has had several years now to "bed in" and crew get experience in operating it correctly, so any faults are now minimal.
3:33" legroom is ample for all but the most tall of us, and should the person in front recline there seat, just recline yours and you get the space they took away from you. :tup
4:Movies- there is a list a few pages back for May/June I will post others as time progresses but yes you get so many o/b and so many i/b with the option to upgrade to extra movies and video on demand.
5:The crew again are trained to a very high standard, there are plenty reviews on here and other websites take a look at this website http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/fchoice-1.htm
5:Food, there is a choice of three meals(the third- veg is very limited and not advertised onboard generally) most people like the food on board.
6: If you have prebooked the seating there is a small chance you will be moved but is highly unlikely. When people who have not pre selected seating they are seated around the people who have prebooked.

have a look back over the last few pages of the FC thread for any other tips. but you will have a great time :tup

Say hello to mickey for me :cheers
dannufc16,

Firstly, welcome onboard :tup

For information on and my experiences on flying long haul with first choice, refer to my trip reports on page 47 of this thread. Any further questions, fire away.

Darren
Anyone have any idea as to the Summer 08 SCP menu ex LGW? I'm heading to Aruba in a few weeks and would like to know the menu!
Can anyone tell me what the leg room is likely to be on our package holiday flights please?
I can't work out if Egypt is classed as long haul (more leg room) or not!!
Hi, just got back from Sharm early May, I always pay for the exit seats (rip off) as I find the normal seats on first choice cramped, iam 6' 1'' so any taller and you will struggle. The arm rests in the normal seats lift up, so depending who you are sat next to you could always turn sideways slightly.
Hi flying FCA038 To Holguin 30/06/08 SCP any idea of IFE know the return flight will not be the same as its July.
almond,

SSH is short haul. Seat pitch depends on aircraft, normally a 757-200 to SSH so 28".

Darren
busterbill,

I don't have access to IFE listing but the outbound and inbound sectors offer a different listing. This was changed last year after passengers commented it got boring watching the same films again.

Darren
Hi Darren,
Flying from Manchester - First Choice / Sharm FCA682 which I assume will be another knees under chin flight! just wondering if you know whether or not First Choice have a continual check-in at Manchester where you can check in when you arrive at the airport or is it dedicated desks to each flight. I`m just trying to book my taxi transfer but don`t want to spend ages waiting for the desks to open for my flight. (I like to be early)
Thanks for any help you or anyone else can give.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.