Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
LEE163,

Check-in opens 4 hours before your departure with 3 hours being the recommended check-in time for long haul. There's not a lot of point checking-in prior to this unless you like watching the aircraft and shopping! They no longer offer day before check-in from Gatwick. Even if they did, you wouldn't be able to collect your boarding cards until the day of the flight due to security restrictions when flying to America.

Darren
netty10 wrote:
Hi Darren, we are flying from Manchester TCX2538 to Antalya on the 10th Sept, have pre booked seats 8H 8G and 9H 9G please could you tell me if both these rows have windows.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been on a long weekend break. It is indeed a 76W as Nick 1992 mentions. Those rows are in the front cabin and have a window. It's the row a couple further back that doesn't.

Darren
We have been trying book seats with extra legroom with Thomas cook but when i rang today they wouldnt let me as we are travelling with our baby. I know that we cannot book exit row seats with a baby but what about the ex-premium economy seats, does anyone know if we could book them? :que
Whats your flight?

TCX extra leg room tend to be on all a/c on the exit rows. This means that you have to be 16 years + to be sat on them as you have to be prepared to open them.

I think TCX and TOM for that matter are really missing out on a money maker. Could increase to 33/34" at the front of the a/c and sell as extra legroom just like Jet2. My opinion really.

Nick.
scotlandgh,

Welcome onboard :tup
I assume you're flying on a long haul flight? You can't pre-book the seats upfront beforehand and if you're travelling to Sanford on the Airbus A330-300, there aren't any 'premium' seats onboard. Details are here. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
sorry,yes we are flying manchester to sanford on 1/9/11.
so i could still book the ex pe seats for our return flight once i get to manchester airport?
Thanks for the help
scotlandgh,

Is it the TCX414/5 you're on? If so, it's an Airbus A330-200 operating your flight. You can book extra legroom seating in the forward cabin for your return flight from 90 days before your departure date, but not the outbound. If you enquire with TCX about these for your return flight, there's a good chance you'll get them allocated for the outbound as well.

Darren
Thanks Darren.
Yes it is the tcx414-415 we are on.am I correct in saying I can't book these until we get to the airport at Manchester?
scotlandgh

You can prebook the ex premium seats inbound, 90 days before your flight.
I have tried to book those seats online but it won't let me,perhaps cause we have out little one with us?
Hi,
Can anyone confirm that from Next year (August 2012 time) there will be no seat back IFE on Thomas Cook's long haul flights to Cancun?

Thanks
Z.J.C
z.j.c,

It's all detailed on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
scotlandgh,

You can't do it online, you'll have to call TCX.

Darren
Hi Darren,
thx for your previous reply, at least we know now.

Another question - sports baggage as an extra to be paid for. No problem paying, but my query is there a weight restriction? I want to take my golf clubs (full set) and as they're not cheap ones i have a hardened carry case which must be 5 kgs on its own, plus the clubs will make it weighty. I've seen conflicting reports and even one that said half sets only? I don't want to select the holiday extra for only a part set of clubs, especially as i'll be playing on championship courses out there, I need all the help I can get LOL.

Also, and i'm pretty much certain we are on the 29" seat pitch aircraft with no seat-back IFE and we are making entertainment arrangements for the flight, but i can't do much about my height. We're flying on TCX172/173, can you confirm our fears?

Many thanks
LEE163,

Sunaddict has answered your sports equipment question so I'll just do the second part! You don't say when you're travelling, but the TCX172/3 are showing as operated by an airbus A330-300 in August, as your fears suggested. IFE is provided via screens above the isles. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi Darren,
for your super quick reply again. , I've just looked at the seating plan and it's not very busy at all, there wouldn't be a danger of the flight being canx or merged with another would there? It also looks like theres no premium seating at extra cost, is that right?

Thanks again
LEE163,

There isn't any premium seating any more on long haul flights. The A330-300 is in an all economy configuration, although the forward cabin has 32" seat pitch whereas the centre and rear cabins have 29" seat pitch so you might want to look at those. The smaller A330-200's that previous had a premium cabin still have the premium seats, but these are now extra legroom only. All the details are on our What Aircraft? guide. The flight won't be cancelled and merged. Even though the seating plan may show plenty of seats available, the flight will be pretty full by the time everyone has checked-in. Not everyone pre-selects seating online which is why it looks empty at the moment.

Darren
You are a top man,
we are in the front cabin, row 12, will that still qualify for the extra room as the what aircraft guide says only to row 11 for the extra. Do you think we will be ok or not? There are still options to move further forward in the cabin, should I move or not?

cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.