Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren,
we fly to dalaman from manchester on 02/06/2012 flight no. tcx2824 I've got on to the thomas cook website and it's showing seat configuration 2-4-2 could please tell me what type of aircraft it is many thanks Alison.
bripat,

It's looking like there's been a change of aircraft. 2-4-2 is the seat plan for the Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find all the aircraft information as well as photos on our what Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
alisonm,

MAN-DLM-MAN (TCX2824/5) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hiya,
What's happening with booking system? I have been on the web-site and it states:
All bookings departing up to and including the 20th June 2012; will be available to pre-book extras by 17.30 on 14th March 2012. Extras include the following; pre-book specific seat numbers, excess baggage, advanced passenger information (API), any sporting equipment etc.

We have booked for 14th May and it does not recognise my booking, been on live chat where I was told the system was only up to 5th May and the only way to pre-book seats was to ring up but I would have to wait an hour. I have read further up this thread that some people have booked seat numbers today, so I have just rung them and the lady told me no-one could book today and didn't understand why live chat had told me to ring them.

Does any-one really know whatis happening?

Many Thanks,
Anne
Hi Darren

We are flying TCX414 Manchester to Sanford on 31st May 2012.
I have booked row 14 ABC for us and was just checking that they have a window adjacent to seat A. I have looked at some pictures of the Airbus 330-200 that they use and noticed there is a window missing just after the start of the wings near to where row 14 is.

Thanks for any info that you can pass on.

Glen
I don't think anyone knows what's going on with TC website at the moment. The only advice I can give is to keep trying. I was on the website nearly all day yesterday but finally managed to book my seats for 25th April. Maybe they are adding flights all the time. :que
I happened to check my booking today to find my api had disappeared and our reserved seats were different to what we book with my dh 20 rows away. That was after having to book them once again via chat on the 28th feb and recieved email confirming, because flight had changed and they were suppose to send us email confirming seats had been moved to new flights. Flying 1st april man to antalya if hadn't seen they'd been problems wouldn't of known can see alot of unhappy people at check in if this has happened to others who think they are sorted.
That's really bad cstomer service imo. About time they got their act together.
Having seat booking issues like everyone else. I'm flying Manchester - Las Vegas on 9th May TCX124 and initially was able to book seats online and picked row 42 (a two seater right at the back). Logged in today to see a new row had appeared behind ours, a row 43 that wasnt there yesterday. I've now moved to row 43 as I want to sit at the back but worried that this row will dissappear again and I'll be left with no seat at all, has this happenned to anyone else? Or does anyone know if there is a row 43 on the A330 - 200's??
Pagemaster,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including seating and seat plans.

Darren
It seems then looking at the link that we're on a short-haul A330 - 200 with the 29" seats as theres 7 sets of 2 at the back. How they can they say a 10 hour flight is short-haul!! Not pleased, I'm sure when I booked it said it was the 33" seats............
pagemaster,

You shouldn't be on a short haul configured aircraft, all aircraft are currently in long haul.

Darren
pagemaster, if your aircraft had been changed Thomas Cook would have notified you.
I have tried on flythomascook website to confirm my flight from Antalya to Stansted on 20th March, flight no. TCX7815, but my booking reference isn't recognised. I've sent an email and am awaiting a reply.
Someone asked this question yesterday on TC customer support. Staff response was you no longer need to reconfirm flights with Thomas Cook. If there were any changes to your schedule you would be notified either via your agent, or by email, if you've booked direct.
Hi,
Had same probs trying to book seats on flight to Bodrum, departing 11th june. just received email informing me of technical probs and to try again after 23rd march. also that the carrier has changed to Mint Airlines!!! anyone know anything about this? im worried that maybe Thomas Cook are in serious problems!!
jennyc
also that the carrier has changed to Mint Airlines!!! anyone know anything about this? im worried that maybe Thomas Cook are in serious problems!!

Which airport are you flying from? I thought TC weren't using Mint again this year!! :( I don't think a change of carrier signifies they are having serious problems, but they are having problems with the new system the airline has installed for booking extras.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.