Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hey!

I am flying to sharm on the 1st march from Manchester on thomascook. I know the flight is at half 9 but I do not know the flight number. Can you tell me what the aircraft will be?

Thanks
summer01,

Welcome onboard :tup
Your flight numbers are on your booking confirmation and tickets when you get them. Assuming you're on the MAN-SSH-MAN (TCX2624/5), your flights are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi Darren

We are 4 adults flying on TCX324 Man / Cancun 5th May, returning 14th May on TCX153.
Can you advise what plane we are travelling on, will it have IFE, if so is it on demand, which are the best seats to reserve (we can do this online from March 12th) and with there being 4 of us, do we need to sit behind one another to save one of us from being split from the group? Apologies for the many questions, but we haven't flown long haul with TCX before, always Thomson.

Many thanks
Cadge
Cadge16,

MAN-CUN-MAN (TCX324/5) are operated by Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) that will answer most of your questions with links to aircraft and cabin photos and a seat plan. IFE is looped, not on demand (AVOD). Seating is personal preference. There are no 'best' seats. All offer the same basic facilities so it's whatever you prefer, eg window, isle, front, back etc. Seating is configured 3-3-3 for the most part. If you're travelling as 2 couples, you might want to look at the rear 5 rows that are 2-3-2 and look at the pairs of seats. That way, each couple can sit one behind the other. Alternatively, it'll be 3-1 or 2-2 on a row of 3 seats. It's whatever you want really. The long haul experience with TCX isn't that much different from when you've travelled with TOM. It's just a larger aircraft with slightly different seating confoguration.

Darren
Wow Darren, thanks for your quick response.
Thanks for the info. I think we will attempt to secure seats in the rear so we can sit behind one another unless we try to be crafty and book middle and aisle seats in the hope TCX don't fill the window seats ;)
Will this plane be one with the toilets downstairs?

Thanks
Cadge
Cadge16,

Yes, it'll be one with the downstairs toilets as the ones with main deck toilets have now left the fleet. Aircraft are normally full so I wouldn't bet against seats not being filled.

Darren
Thanks Darren

This will be a new experience for us, never had to go downstairs to the toilets :)
Think we will book the 2's if they're available. I was a little concerned that passengers would congregate at the back of the plane waiting to use the loos, but this doesn't seem to be the case now.

Thanks
Cadge
Hi :)
We are flying manchester to dalaman on the 7th of June with thomas cook - TCX2868 and back to MAN on 21st of June - TCX2869

Please could you advise what aircraft this will be and what the seating plan is? We've paid extra to pre book our seats so are wishing the days away until we can get them booked :rofl

Many Thanks

Emily x
EmmyReece,

MAN-DLM-MAN (TCX2868/9) are normally operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
That's great :)
Guess we must have got lucky in 2009 when we had a plane with a seat plan of 2-4-2 (think it was a 767-300) lol

Thanks a lot for your help x
Hi all,
We are looking to go to Izmir, Turkey this year and would like some info on possible aircraft for flights please :)

The flights are:

TCX2684 - MAN - ADB
TCX2503 - ADB - MAN

I think last year they where both operated by 767's, but was wondering if these may have changed this year?

Thanks in advance :tup
pallan,

I won't know for sure until May, but assuming no changes, they're normally 76W's.

Darren
Hi
We are flying with Thomas cook to Cuba in August with a 5 Month old baby just wondering if any particular seats can be recommend.

Thanks
Danny
essexyid,

Seating is personal preference, there are no 'best' seats. You won't be permitted to sit on an exit row with the little one. All seats offer the same basic facilities so it makes little difference really. You may be limited to certain rows due to the requirement of an extra oxygen mask because of the little one. You'll be flying on an Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi TC experts

I'm looking for a little advice.
We are flying MAN to CUN in July and have booked the ex-prem seats for the return leg.
I understand these seats are allocated on a lottery basis outbound.

My question is regarding pre-booking specific seats.

If we pre-book seats in the standard cabin outbound, would this harm our chances of getting chosen for the ex-prem seats?

Also, are we able to pre-book specific seats in the ex-prem cabin in advance for the return leg.

Many thanks
Mak
mak70,

Pre-booking seats outboud should have no bearing on seat selecting for your inbound flight. You can't pre-select seating in the forward cabin.

Darren
Darren, that was quick!!

Apologies, I made my post too wordy!

Main question is........
If we pre-select seats outbound seats (in standard cabin) would this affect our chances of getting the ex-prem seats?

Thanks again
Mak
Am I right in thinking Thomas Cook use A320's for flights out of Leeds Bradford?

My Flight number is TCX8164/5 to Zante

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.