Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks for your prompt reply Darren. Unfortunately it is as I thought, as though there is not much difference between Gatwick and Stansted from the airlines point of view, for me there is a big (and expensive) difference. I can get to Stansted on a free bus in just over an hour, whereas Gatwick involves either a mixture of taxi, train and underground or a door-to-door mini-bus at a cost of approx £60 return with a lot of hanging around. With the cost of BA from Gatwick, including 23kg hold luggage, being over £60 cheaper than TC, it works out roughly the same for me to fly from Stansted, but I resent having to pay TC prices from Gatwick (plus baggage). I'll hold off for a while I think.
Hi All,

I am flying MAN - CUN on 09/01/2012 TCX296. I understand it's an A330, but do we know which one it could be and where its coming in from on the flight before

Thanks
LBA73,

MAN-CUN-MAN (TCX296/7) are operated by an Airbus A330-200. It's too early to know which as they are rotated weekly. I'll know the day before. The flight prior is TCX138/9 (Goa).

Darren
Hi

I am flying from Glasgow to Mexico on July 16th with Thomas cook. Can you confirm if it will be a Thomas Cook plane or a Monarch plane? Are you also able to confirm what size of seat pitch it is likely to be and if we will have in flight entertainment on the back of the seats or if it will be shared communal tvs?

mcassidy3,

Welcome onboard :tup
Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft or flight information. This ensures we get the correct information for you. Are you on the GLA-CUN-GLA (TCX152/3)? Flights are operated by a Thomas Cook Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including aircraft and cabin photos, seat plans, seat pitches and IFE.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo, I was looking for the information as you posted haha. It is Thomas cook TCX152 and TCX153. Il have a look at that link thanks :D
Hi
Please can you tell me what type of aircraft is planned to do Manchester-Hurghada TCX2514 on 20th January.
Thanks
Sunaddict,

MAN-HRG-MAN (TCX2514/5) should be operated by Boeing 767-31K/ER (winglets). Odd flights have been operated by the smaller Boeing 757-200, but it's mainly the 76W.

Darren
Hi Darren !

It is the time of year again to ask please can you tell me what type of aircraft for my flights are :
Stn-Tfs ... TCX 7128/9 April20th/27th

Thank you :)
lou26chris,

STN-TFS-STN (TCX7128/9) should be a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Could you please let me know what aircraft type will be operating LGW - Antalya, flight number is TCX 1886/1887 13.50 on the 27th July 2012.

Many thanks

Jon
gooner1977,

LGW-AYT-LGW (TCX1744/5) is showing as a Boeing 757-200 currently. I can only see this flight number at the moment. If there's another flight around the same time, it'll probably be the same.

Darren
Hi Darren,

I have three questions regarding to the remaining A330 aircrafts (G-MLJL/MDBD/OMYT).
I hope you can provide some useful information ;)

-do you know if those aircrafts are still configured as per the seat plan published on your "What Aircraft? guide"?
-are those ac's Long-haul or Short-haul ones / what is the actual seat pitch on the former MYT aircrafts (all 3 remaining A330s - am I correct) ?
-do you have any information regarding to any seat plan modification for summer 2012?

Me and my partner will fly on TCX216/217 (LGW-PUJ-LGW) on 16/07 (outbound) 23/07 (return) so I try to get as much information I can before I book the seats.

Thank you for your help :tup
Laz
N111MD,

Welcome onboard :tup
The ex-MYT A332's have the long haul configuration with downstairs toilets. G-OJMC was the remaining ex-TCX but was withdrawn from the fleet last Sunday (15th Jan) for Air Transat. Thomas Cook don't publish an exact seat plan for the ex-MYT aircraft, the one linked on the What Aircraft? guide is the one for the TCX Scandinavian aircraft and is slightly different to the exact seating on the UK aircraft. The plan shows the correct toilet positions, but is the higher density configuration (30" seat pitch / short haul when in the UK). The plan for the original TCX aircraft is correct for long haul (33" seat pitch), but the toilets are located in different areas and therefore a few seats are different. There isn't an exact seat plan available for the current long haul aircraft so they're for guidance only, although the ex-TCX one is the closest in terms of overall layout which is why I've left it on the guide. Long haul aircraft have 33" seat pitch as standard. There are 4 rows difference between the two, 2 rows of 3-3-3 in the centre cabin, and one row each of 3-3-3 and 2-3-2 in the rear cabin. There are no changes to the economy seating on long haul for summer 2012 as far as I know. There are some cabin photos from G-MDBD and G-MLJL linked from the What Aircraft? guide so you can see what to expect.

Darren
Would anyone know what plane Thomas Cook fly to Cuba from Gatwick?

Many thanks

Suzi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.