Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
denny
You cannot book your seats months before. TC Airlines changed their policy last April/May and made it 90 days prior. They are now changing their online system. At the moment any flights on or after 16 April cannot reserve seats before 12 March.
Well I booked mine 2 weeks ago for a Sept flight to Cancun. I phoned, she loaded the flight and I was able to book the seats. :que
Strange!! Thomas Cook Airlines did change their policy, and actually stated that if anyone tried to select seats online early, they would be charged again! The message about not being able to prebook seats until 12 March was loaded onto their website around New Year. I presume the cut off date in March is so there are no seat bookings in the system for flights after 16 April, and everyone has the same opportunity to book seats, whatever their new policy is going to be. Also so that there are no flights with any seats prebooked as I would imagine they would probably be lost in the changeover.
Well I will report back nearer the time and let you know what happens !
I've just looked at my documents and it was the 4th Jan that I booked them. I have the confirmation that I printed off in front of me!
I'd keep an eye on them too, because I know booking them that early is against the exisiting airline policy. I don't know what their doing with the system but I would have thought they stopped prebooking for a reason!
hi, i think ive asked this question ages ago, but have forgot.. what aircraft i am going on the flight number is TCX2384 MAN-TFS on 04/02/12.. many thanks
Hi Darren just been told our flight has been changed its tcx2548 man to antalya 01/04/12 would you know what plane this will be because got a feeling they've combined two flights and going to use a larger plane. Many thanks
Lydia_girl,

Looking at your posting history, you've asked about your Monarch and Easyjet flights, but not Thomas Cook. MAN-TFS-MAN (TCX2384/5) are operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
caz k,

MAN-AYT-MAN (TCX2548/9) are showing as operated by an Airbus A321-200. The system I have won't show any changes though as the details are uploaded at the start of the winter season.

Darren
hi darren,
would it be possible to tell us what type of aircraft we will be on, tcx2824 to dalaman on the 2nd of june or is it a bit early yet just like to know the seating configuration so i can pick where to sit.thanks in advance alison.
alisonm,

MAN-DLM-MAN (TCX2824/5) are currently showing as a Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Booked to go Newcastle to Sharm el Sheikh on 11th March 2012.
My original documentation from Thomas Cook says flight is TCX6536 departing 9am. However looking at Thomas Cook website today, and doing a test booking, it suggests flight TCX6648, with exactly the same departure time.
Are there two Thomas Cook planes departing at the same time? Sounds unlikely.
So are they messing with flight numbers changing them?
I've got no tickets yet so I don't know what it really should be

And - is it still going to be a 757 does anyone know please?

I'm particularly interested because I've prebooked and paid for specific seats on TCX 6536 - I don't want to lose them
ukbill,

I can't check on your flight numbers at the moment as I'm mobile, but your flights are operated by Boeing 757-200. Its not uncommon for flight numbers to change from the time of booking. There's only one flight, not two.

EDIT: Your flight numbers are showing as TCX6648/9

Darren
Thanks for the prompt response Darren.
Hope I don't lose the pre-booked seats, done on-line about a month ago, I printed it out, but I don't trust computers....
thanks so much darren for replying so quickly.alison
hey dazbo.
my parents, fly to goa tomorrow. tcx138/9 at 8.10am. where is the aircraft coming from and are there any delays?
thanks in advance..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.