Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Imbrugliasboy,

You'll find a seat plan on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seats 12A/F don't have a seat in front as row 11, the exit row are in pairs due to the emergency exit slide prodruding in the the cabin slightly so a seat can't be positioned where the A or F seat would normally be.

Darren
Thanks. Thats a good result then, extra legroom minus the extra £'s!
Hi - can anyone tell me the IFE listings for TCX124 on 11/04/12 please?
Thank you in advance, sparky123
sparky, Thomas Cook no longer publish their IFE in advance.
The hotel I much enjoyed in Arpora, Goa last winter has been discontinued by Thomson/FC
- the company I book most of my holidays with.
However I now see it is offered by Jewel in the Crown and Thomas Cook.
Jewel is completely OUT because they use Monarch flying sardine cans.

Thomas Cook are VERY quiet about the plane types scheduled for long haul in future. There's nothing now on their website about 33 inch leg room and personal IFE in their large Airbus planes.
And, thanks to Darren and this forum, I understand that TC have already got rid of several of their comfortable planes.
Also in winter 2011/12, I met a number of people in Goa who were most upset with TC about them being swapped at short notice to Monarch squash flights with ghastly halfway layovers.

I'd consider booking with TC longhaul winter 2012/13 ONLY if they were really offering the good legroom and IFE like Thomson.
But will they? And can they be trusted to actually do it?
Their 2012/2013 brochures do have the information in them, even if it isn't on their website. Still the same, ex MYT A330's with 33" pitch and seatback IFE.
Do you know what Aircraft reg will be operating TCX5516 (EMA - AYT) tomorrow? (7/4/12)

Hi

We've got flights booked to Antalya Sun 15th flying at 13:55 from Manchester, flight TCX2548. I've just looked at the timetable on Man airports website and can't see a Thomas Cook flight at this time listed for Sundays. There are two Sunday flights listed as 17:40 and 20:20. Before i ring Thomas Cook i wondered if anyone knows if this is up to date info or if i'm looking in the right place on Man airports website. I have not had any notification of a change to the flight time from Thomas Cook.
Many thanks for any help.
olivaar,

G-DHJH is EMA based at the moment. It makes little difference which registration operates your flight as all the aircraft are the same inside.

Darren
al26,

Airport timetables often have errors in them as they are put together months in advance and often don't get updated with any changes. Unless you are notified by the airline, your flights won't have changed. The system is showing TCX2548 is departing at 1355. By all means give TCX a call for peace of mind, but there are no changes showing.

Darren
I'm trying to book my seats on TCX134 for the 1st May 2012 to Holguin but there's a technical fault on Thomas Cook Airlines website. Is anyone else having problems?
Thanks very much for the quick reply Darren, that's reassuring, don't think i need to contact them now.
I'm trying to book my seats on TCX134 for the 1st May 2012 to Holguin but there's a technical fault on Thomas Cook Airlines website. Is anyone else having problems?

When did you book? If it's within the last 72 hours you won't be able to book seats yet, as the details won't have been passed to the airline.
I am booked on a thomas cook flight TCX5346 from East Midlands on 1/7/2012 to Lanzarote it is shown as airline 321 I have gone onto website to choose seats and seats 13A and 13 B have been booked as it looks as though there is no seat in front of 13A however on reading previous post row 12A has been mentioned as having extra leg room is my flight a different airline layout to previous postings :)
martinl,

Flight with a TCX prefix are operated by Thomas Cook Airlines from EMA. Did you book those seats as extra legoom? If not, they won't be. You'll find a seat plan on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi Darren

I have booked seats 13A and 13B on the layout of the plane seat bookings on the thomas cook website it shows only 2 seats on each side on rows 11 and 12 and 3 seats on row13 with no seat shown in front of seat 13A I have not paid any extra for these seats so is it likely there is extra leg room on seat 13A

Thanks
Linda
FAO TWEETIE PIE
RE 757-200, no bulkhead behind row 10 on any of the 757s, However avoid like the plague, rows 30 and 40
hi can anyone help here , i have a holiday booked with tcx , does anyone know the seating policy if there is one regarding children sitting with adults , we have booked meals so would assume we will be sat towards the front but with children of 8 and 5 how likely will it be they will be seated seperate from the adults if i dont pay the £40 to prebook seats
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.