Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren, a quick one for you - have exausted online searching and there seems to be lots of info here and I am currently perplexed with a query!!

I am flying on TCX1866 in a few weeks time - I have confirmation that the plane being used is an A330-200, however they appear not to pre-sell the premium economy seats, rows 1-7 (or is it 8?). I was initially told that the seats were sold out - however, I did a bit more checking and they appear not to pre-sell these seats for any of their summer flights....weird.

Just wondering if you have any idea why they do this and if they make these seats available at check in?

Many Thanks
D
They don't sell the ex premium economy seats outbound due to the APD rules so they are allocated on a lottery basis. You would find out at check in if you have been allocated them. They can be prebooked inbound, but just the seats, no premium service.
Dunnyv,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). As Sunaddict mentions, they aren't premium economy seats, they are extra legroom only. Allocation is explained here.

Darren
Afternoon Darren,

I enquired about a flight back in January and the you advised me that the flight number was not showing as yet. Would it be at all possible to check again for me. I would like to know the type of aircraft that opertates this flight and if possible the inbound flight number prior to this flight from gatwick.

27/07/12 TCX1886 13.50 Gatwick to Antalya
return on
10/08/12 TCX 1887 21.25 Antalya to Gatwick

Thanks

Jon
gooner1977,

I still can't find LGW-AYT-LGW (TCX1886/7) on the system. The only TCX flight I can see operating on those dates is LGW-AYT-LGW (TCX1744/5). The 1744 departs LGW at 15:00, the 1745 at 00:45. They are operated by Boeing 757-300 / 757-200 respectively.

Darren
Thanks for looking again for me. Getting a little worried, the flight numbers and times I gave are correct, I was offered the other flight you quoted but chose the earier 13.50 flight. Fingers crossed it is still operating.
i think i might have confused my self on this but here goes , i was looking at booking my seats on flight TCX7162/3 09/08/12....23/08/12 and then i lost the plot. i think i read that it could be a 757/200 ok i thought easy select your seat but its not as easy as that , if i chose seats on a 757/200 confg 1 and i actually board a 757/200 confg 2 then the seats are a different lay out , so i went on the flythomascook website to actually select my seats and low and behold its showing a 320/200 , for you expetts out there whats the difference in the seat plans think its gonna be row 6AandB , but i dont want to pay my money and have terrible seats . Am i making things complicated :que
Llindy,

BRS-ZTH-BRS (TCX7162/3) are operated by Airbus A320-200, not Boeing 757-200. When you select your seats, the seat plan for the actual aircraft you're flying on is displayed. It's unlikely to change unless there's an operational reason. The vast majority of customers get the seat they've specified. In terms of the seat plans, there's not really any difference other than the number of rows (30 rather than 41) as the aircraft share the same interior configuration. Seating is personal preference really.

Llindy wrote:
Am i making things complicated

Not complicated, but maybe reading too much in to it. Given all the seats offer the same basic facilities, other than the extra legroom, it's really just a preference of whether you want to be at the front, back, centre, isle or window. Other than that, it really doesn't make a lot of difference.

Llindy wrote:
think its gonna be row 6AandB

They're as good as any other and have a window. I flew to Paphos on that row a few years ago.

Darren
hi Darren....would you like to throw some light on what effect this will have on our holiday travel ect...

The Thomas Cook Board has completed its strategic review, announced last year, which includes reducing its debt by shedding its assets, including the sale and leaseback of 17 to 19 aircraft, negotiations for which were at an advanced stage, said Weihagen.

....tweetie
TWEETIE PIE,

From a passengers perspective, it'll probably not make much, if any difference as the inside of the aircraft won't change. Thomas Cook Group will begin a five year narrow body aircraft replacement programme, starting December 2012 (latest information), phased in line with the planned retirement of the existing fleet and introduction of new Airbus 320NEO and A321's (2x due 2013, 4x 2014). These are similar to some of the aircraft already in the fleet, just slightly smaller (180 / 215 seats on the A320/321 compared to the Boeing 757-200's 235) and more fuel efficient. They'll have a similar interior to existing aircraft.

For those flying from Newcastle, a leased Airbus A320-200 (YL-LCI) of SmartLynx Airlines will be operating some flights over the summer. This has the same configuration as TCX aircraft, but is in an all white livery. OY-VKF (TCX Scandinavia A330-200) is operating from various airports over the summer months. G-DAJC is still on lease to Condor in Germany (until ~Feb 2013).

Darren
thanks Darren...so less seats need selling for the future...more full flights...and so less deals on offer....more cost effective for thomascook...hope some of the savings keep prices down as well....tweetie
Hi
Does anyone know is there is any truth in the postings rumbling around on another forum about Thomas Cook reintroducing IFE into their 757's, from June this year, with the exception of G-TCBB and G-TCBC?
Hi Dazbo please could you tell me which aircraft will operate TCX2024 MAN-ACE ON 14/6/12 and is it the aircrafts first flight of day.

Cheers.
hi there could i ask what plane will it be to hrg flying out on 28th sep tcx1638 back on tcx1639

back on the 5thoct
Hi Darren , You asked me to check back in May regarding my enquiry ;)

We are flying to Turkey on 4th July (Manchester to Adnan Menderes ) . Our flight number is TCX 2684 .
We flew to the same destination last year and travelled on a Scandinavian A330 . Can you tell me which type of aircraft is allocated for this years trip .

Many thanks :)
vannipple,

MAN-ACE-MAN (TCX2024/5) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER. The aircraft operated the evening before, but it's the first flight of the day after arriving back.

Darren
petey,

LGW-HRG-LGW (TCX1638/9) are operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Vector,

MAN-ADB-MAN (TCX2684/5) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER.

Daren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.