Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
roboa wrote:
They have 2 767-200's which they stored at the start of this year

G-BYAA/B are no longer with Thomsonfly and are now in Goodyear (America) being parted out. They left in the middle of January (I posted on here at the time, see page 143).

snowyboy wrote:
If you look on Planespoters under remarks all but two have "ret" what does this stand for retired ?? have asked question but got no answer.

You'll find the summer 2009 fleet listing on page 83 which might answer your questions!

Darren
cheers for clearing that up Darren :tup

With all the delays, when are the 787's now due?

Alasdair
Thanks Darren can now see where my two came from It called old age :whoops LOL
roboa wrote:
With all the delays, when are the 787's now due?

I don't think that's clear at the moment because there's a huge delay and it has to get certification yet! 2nd quarter (May) 2010 is the anticipated delivery date for the first Thomson Airways airframe (european launch customer), but that remains to be seen. The remaining deliveres are schedule between 2010 and 2013. The 767 fleet was said to be getting the retrofitted blended winglets as part of a compensation package while they were in heavy maintenance this month and next. That's been delayed as well. Boeing aren't having the best of luck at the moment.

Darren
Darren - I knew i would have more questions about TOM662 Bham Cancun May 21st..I have now decided that I will pre book my seats and am considering your advice of sitting on the RHS of the plane but have you gor the full seating plan please so i can quote the seat numbers that I want ( including premium )
britabroad,

I can't post the seating plan for copyright reasons I'm afraid. I can give you a brief description though. Row's 1-9 are premium (located in the front cabin). Row 11 - 39 is the centre/rear cabin. They don't have the centre doors like other 767's so it's one long cabin. If you have a look at the aircraft photos, the cabins are located between the doors. Overwing exits are at rows 19 or 22 depending on the particular aircraft.That'll give you a rough idea of the layout.
Darren
Short Haul:-
Outbound/departing UK/ROI
Movies shown on flights over 2.5 hours, Usually flights with lots of children, the crew will play the children's option so HSM:3 or Madagascar 2, if there is not time to show both.
Quantum of Solace
or
High School Musical
(time permitting, both maybe shown)

TV Programmes
Gavin & Stacey
Spongebob Sqaure Pants
Goks Fashion Fix
Top Gear

Inbound/Returning to the UK/ROI
Movies shown on flights over 2.5 hours
The Day the Earth Stood Still
or
Madagascar 2: Escape to Africa
one or both maybe shown, time permitting

TV programmes
30 Rock
The Simpsons
Or
Dragons Den
Faulty Towers

Long Haul
Outbound/Leaving the UK/ROI
*Quantum of Solace
*Burn After Reading
*Changling
Private Valentine: Blonde & Dangerous
Max Payne
High School Musical 3: Senior Year
The Express
Twilight

Inbound/Returning to the UK/ROI
*Pride & Glory
*Righteous Kill
*Australia
What Just Happened
Secret Life of Bee's
Madagascar 2: Escape to Africa
The librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice
The Day The Earth Stood Still

TV programmes
ex-First Choice 767's
(2-4yrs)Hop:-
The Pingu Show, Kipper, Fireman Sam, Angelina Balerina
(5-11 yrs)Skip:-
Tracey Beaker, Spongebob squarepants, M.I. High
(12+) Jump:-
Smallville, Escape from Scorpion Island, The Simpsons
Lifestyle:-
Goks Fashion Fix, Top Gear, Celebrity Master Chef Goes Large
Laughter:-
Gavin & Stacey,30 Rock,Fawlty Towers
Variety:-
Dragons Den, Alex Feguson- The interview
Drama:-
Mad Men, Hotel Babylon

TV Programmes
ex-Thomsonfly(blue) 767's
Kids:-
Roary the Raching Car, Fifi and the Flower tots, Escape from Scorpion Island, Dave the Barbarian, Smallville, Wolverine and the X-Men, Spongebob square pants, super Robot Monkey Team, Hyperforce GO!
Sport:-
Top Gear, FAPL Classic Matches, America's Game, Decade of Wimbledon
Drama:-
Doc Martin, Dr Who, Pushing Daisies, New Tricks, Kingdom, Ashes to Ashes
Comedy:-
30 Rock, Peep Show, Gavin & Stacey, Outnumbered, The Armstrong and Miller Show, The Big Bang Theory, The Simpsons, Fatlty Towers, Friends
Travel & Lifestyle:-
The Hairy Bakers, Joanna Lumley in The Land of The Northern Lights, Tribal Wives, Dragon's Den, Goks Fashion Fix, Celebrity Master Chef Goes Large.

Films with (*) next to it are included to the Premium/Star Class Premier Customers as part of their holiday/flight cost. For Thomson Plus/Star Class customers, there is a £5.00 per screen, per flight upgrade fee which gives you access to these additional movies, video on demand(similar to Sky plus/Virgin's V+) and on the ex-Thomsonfly(Blue) aircraft a CD library of around 90 CD's (900 songs) to listen to and mix/match your own play list. Both fleets also carry "radio channels" to listen to either 10 on the Thomsonfly 767's or 12 on the First Choice 767's. Also for the £5.00, when watching the TV rather than sit through all of the programmes, you will have individual access to the programmes, if you don't upgrade they will loop around, so for instance if there is 5 programes ina catorgory, and you want to watch number 3 but you tune in when #4 is showing, you will have to sit through#'s 5,1,2, to watch #3.

As you can see there are still difference's depending on which fleet you fly on, if you wan't to know, ask here and someone will be able to tell you.
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA,

Thanks for posting the IFE listing for Mar / Apr. Looks like I'll be needing a £5 note for Quantum of Solace a week on sunday!

Darren
Hi

Not sure if i am asking this to early as i guess the summer schedule is not yet out but here goes.

Going to POP on the 6th of June from BHX on flights TOM644/5. Could anyone tell me if it will be a exFCA or Thomsonfly aircraft as i understand that you can prebook your seats if it's a Thomsonfly aircraft?

Many Thanks

Andy
Your going to be on what was a First Choice aircraft. They are planning to have this facility up and running for the summer for all aircraft. Watch this space.
Oh Dear,

I think I have this right.We are on TOM135 Man to Goa tomorrow and I have just been checking Man Airs website for info.Looks like TOM354 from GOA converts into TOM117 to MALE which I know from you kind chaps then converts into TOM118 back to Manchester and then TOM135 to Goa.

So far looking at a 3.5 hr delay on Manchester to Male so looks like our flight to Goa is well delayed.

:think :think :think

Not a happy bunny

Papa
Papa,

The flight from MLE was scheduled to arrive at 1800 tomorrow, but is now expected in at ~2130 because of todays delay to the incoming aircraft from Goa (TOM354). It's just the knock on effects i'm afraid. Your flight is due out at 1930 so you'll have at least a 3 hour delay by the time they've turned it around. There's not much room in the schedule to make up time. You'll still need to check-in at the same time though.

Darren
Thanks Darren.

Thought I had it about right.Hate having to check in at the same time not quite sure of the reason though.

Puts us into Goa 3 hours late which puts me on the beach sipping my first Kingfisher 3 hours late.

Ah well the things we do to have holidays.

Papa
Papa,

These things happen I'm afraid, nothing you can do. You have to check-in at the same time just in case something happens and the flight goes earlier than expected. I'm not sure what the winds are like; you never know it might get a helping hand back from MLE and arrive earlier. It's only 3 or so hours, not a major delay just inconvenient. Not like the 52 hour delay I once had, spent the weekend in Jamaica before we eventually flew home!

Darren
Darren,

Would not mind a 52 hour delay coming back.Couple more days in the sun.Hope they looked after you.

Papa
Papa,

That wasn't with Thomsonfly / First Choice, but they looked after us more than ok. We weren't even staying in Jamaica, only picked up there on the way back (the DC-10 we were flying on had a hydraulic problem) so we ended up having a twin centre holiday :tup

Have a great time in Goa, and a few Kingfisheres for us all :cheers You'll have to let us know all about it when you get back.

Darren
Cheers Darren.

Did not think there were many DC10s still around.Let you know how it went flight wise when we get back.

I know you are off soon.Enjoy it(Kenya)i think?

Papa
Papa,

The last DC-10's in UK charter service were with My Travel (other than aircraft leased in when aircraft have technical problems) and were retired at the end of 2003. I loved them old tri-jets.

I'm off a week on Sunday so I'll have a great time, thanks :tup

Darren
Looks like our delay just got worse.TOM354 now showing not even arriving at 2130.Puts us back to at least a 4 hour delay unless they ship in another aircraft which I really cannot see.Pity the poor sods waiting to go to the Maldives.

Papa
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.