Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Other people have told me it will be an FCA aircraft
Is it definately an ex FCA then because someone else disagrees and I prefer the FCA aircraft?
I work for Thomson Airways and have the operational programme in front of me, which details which aircraft will be where.

I can account for all six ex-FCA aircraft and none of them will be anywhere near Birmingham the date of your flight.
sparky123,

I assumed GowerL7 had checked, I've just got in from work so hadn't checked myself. Have just looked on the list and it is indeed a Thomsonfly aircraft as BY-TOM-AMM-FCA mentions (who is always right in these matters!).

Darren
Unfortunately not, I probably shouldn't even be using it for this purpose.
Hi, we have booked a first choice holiday to Florida flying from M/C to Orlando Sandford (TOM 118 o/b on 25th July and TOM 119 return on 15th august). i have a number of questions tthat i'd be grateful for advice on. i understand that thompson and 1st choice have merged so i'm not sure which forum to ask on. Qusetions as follows:

what type of plan will we be flying on?
What are the gluten free meals like on Thompson? will i be better taking my own food "just in case".
In the first choice brochure it states 20kg per person luggage and 5kg hand luggage but travel agent can't confirm if that is the case. Also asked if we could buy extra weight if necessary when we pay final balance but still waiting for an answer.

Any help gratefully re :cheers received.

Thank you

HarryB
sparky123,

You'll have to trust us on that, I can't post it here and I'm sure BY-TOM-AMM-FCA will say the same. I can give you the aircraft that operated the flights this month:

1st Feb: G-OBYI
8th Feb: G-OBYJ
22nd Feb: G-OBYE

You'll see photo's of each of them here.

Darren
You will be on a 767-300, if you want to know which legacy aircraft you will be on unfortunately it will be a toss up between an ex-thomsonfly and an ex first choice aircraft, but more likely to be the Thomsonfly aircraft)

You can purchase an extra luggage allowance, just ring the call centre, (check on saynoto0870.com first, don't ring the 0870/0844 number)

Gluten free meals on what was Thomsonfly, have always historically been better than the main meal- even before Aldo Zilli showed up to the party. What they will be this summer is anyones guess, but they are investing a lot of money on inflight meals on both long haul and short haul.
harryb,

You'll find lots of information on this thread. It can be difficult to pick out the information relevant to yourself, but all the information is here. Your flights are operated by a Thomson Airways Boeing 767-300/ER (should be ex-FCA but might be a TOM. I can let you know closer to the time). Your luggage allowance in economy is 20kg hold nd 5kg hand. You cab pre-book excess luggage. Refer to Thomsonfly's website for more details.

Darren
Dazbo,
There will be the lone ex Thomsonfly 767 based at Manchester this summer, Premium never sells on the Orlando route, which leads me to believe it will be more than likely the ex-Thomsonfly aircraft.

The other routes on a saturday (Cancun and Cozumel) sell in premium because of the honeymoon traffic.
So what you're both saying is that it could be either airline is that right?
If harryb asks us again closer to the time, I'm sure one of us will be able to advise appropriately. I'll never get my work finished at this rate, going to be midnight!!

Darren
sparky123 wrote:
So what you're both saying is that it could be either airline is that right?

No. There is only one airline, Thomsonfly. They use a combination of former First Choice and Thomsonfly aircraft since they've merged. Having checked what aircraft are being used on your flight, it'll be a Thomsonfly as we've previously posted.

Who's harryb?

Another HT member. That was in referene their post.

Darren
Hi, I fly to puerto plata on the 6th April from Manchester for our honeymoon, I've booked premium seats and I'm just wondering if it'll be an ex First choice or an ex thomsons plane? I have no idea of code (sorry). Also do you have any idea what films will be being shown then. And is there any way we can book to sit together? I booked with first choice if that helps.

Thanx in advance
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.