Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Wow the meal info is amazing. Can you tell me what our options will be in TOM577 6th April? I find it increadible that all this info is available. Considering upgrading as seats still avail Thomson have told me, so could we know Premium and Economy?
Cheers
Tracy
If you are in economy, there will be no meal choice. Thomson Airways are conducting trials this winter to see the feedback from having and not having a choice, they chose the ex First Choice planes to have the choice- as they always had it, and the ex Thomsonfly(yours) not to as they didn't.

If you are in Premium you will have a choice.

Outbound Economy:-
Chicken in a honey and mustard sauce, with veg and roast potatoes
2nd meal
two finger sarnie- eggmayo & Cheese/spring onion, fairy cake tea/coffee
Inbound Economy:-
Chicken in a cheese and asparagus sauce, with Mozzerella Raviolli
2nd meal
Corn flakes, nutrigrain tea/coffee

Premium Outbound:-
Lamb & Borlotti Bean Ragout
Chicken in Mascarpone Sauce
Mushroom Raviolli
2nd meal
3 finger sarnie= egg/mayo,cheese/spring onion,cheese and applewood mix, fairy cake, warm scone, clotted cream, jam tea/coffee

Premium Inbound:-
Chicken in a cheese and asparagus sauce, with Mozzerella Raviolli(same as economy-very nice though)
Beef Goulash
Pasta Fagioli
2nd meal
Hot breakfast!- bacon,sausage,ommlette or a small number of veggie breakfasts are available.
Hi guys flying to larnaca cyprus on 22/07/09 from cardiff wales airport with thomson airway's. Could some one please tell me what aircraft we will be traveling on.Many thanks.
jonesfour,

You Will Be On A Boeing 757-200

Gower
Thanks BY-TOM-AMM-FCA
Interesting there's no choice - they sound OK to me, though and they help pass the time.
Cheers
Tracy
I am travelling on flight TOM 416 from BHX to Luxor on 9th September and have booked into Premium Economy. But I have been told by a friend who works in the airline industry that Premium Economy is not available as Thomson are using old 757-200's on that route. I deliberately choose this holiday so that I could get Premium Economy and I will not be a happy bunny if Thomson have mislead us.
I don't think Thomson have mislead you. Both First Choice and Thomson have always used 757's on this route, Which is where your infomant may have got their information from. But the day of your flight the airline does have a "spare" aircraft with premium cabin.(6 departures VS 7 aircraft)

The aircraft will arrive from Jamaica on Wednesday morning and there is no long haul on a wednesday departing Birmingham, Knowing the routes and aircraft used I can account for the other long haul aircraft that day so don't envisage any problems with your flight, unless there is operational problems that perticular day

Oh and the majority of Thomson's 757's are newer than the long haul aircraft(767's)

Unless they change the aircraft at the last minute(-24 hours) then Thomson will advise you, My advice would not to worry about something until you have to. Enjoy your holiday.

As a side note, on midhaul holidays- you only get the cabin not the premium service from long haul.
garym1308,

If You Look In The Thomson Brouchure The BHX - Luxor Flight Is Down As Offering A Premium Service.
As BY-TOM-AMM-FCA says The 767 Will Have Operated The Jamaica Flight On The Tuesday And Goes On To Operate Mexico On The Thursday. That Leaves Wednesday Free For Your Flight.

Gower
I am going to the Dominican Republic on 05/04/09 on TOM 4701 (I think thats the right number), does anyone know what type of aircraft it will be and if it is ex FCA or ex Thomsonfly?

Cheers.
sparky123,

You Will Be On A Boeing 767-300 (ex TOM)

For The Birmingham TOM0401

Gower
  • Edited by GowerL7 2009-02-25 17:16:49
Birmingham - so is that an aircraft with 2-3-2 and green seats?

Cheers.
sparky123,

sparky123 wrote:
Birmingham - so is that an aircraft with 2-3-2 and green seats?

2-4-2 With Blue Leather Seats

Gower
  • Edited by GowerL7 2009-02-25 17:18:44
sparky123,

The FCA livery will be around for a while yet. The change will be gradual and carried out as and when aircraft go in for heavy maintenance.

Darren
Darren,

So it will be exactly the same as FCA always has been like last year when I went to Florida but it has a TOM code and it is operated on behalf of Thomson Airways?

Cheers sparky123.
sparky123,

Nothing will change in your case apart from the branding. First Choice is only a high street brand now (has been since November 2008). It no longer exists as an official airline. Your flight is operated by Thomsonfly, who will become Thomson Airways in May.

Darren
Darren,

Well when we went to Florida in July there was a small sign on the aircraft which said "Operated by Thomsonfly" and the air steward announced it as such on the aircraft. So it will be the same scenario?

P.S. - By the way how do you get the information about which aircraft will be doing each flight?

Cheers sparky123.
Sparky123,

Your flight will be operated by an ex Thomsonfly aircraft so it will have blue leather seats and the livery will be Thomsonfly.com

Service wise it will be exactly the same you received on the First Choice aircraft but just a different interior. The inflight entertainment is slightly better on the Thomsonfly aircraft.

Dazbo,

Thomsonfly ceased to exist October 31st 2008 23:59, all aircraft are operated by Thomson Airways It was originally planned to be Thomsonfly until May 2009 but we managed to get everything in place early.

Any announcements onboard only refer to Thomson Airways, no mention of First Choice Airways or Thomsonfly- Only the livery and uniform remains of the legacy airlines which will disapeer soon.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.