Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Awwww I wanted an ex FCA yhe aircraft are much nicer haha
Thanx for the quick reply :-) Do you have any idea when the films will be released for then?
Mrs.V.White2b,

They'll be released at the beginning of March. Either BY-TOM-AMM-FCA will kindly post them, or I will when I get back from Kenya later in the month.

Darren
Darren,

Are the ex Thomsonfly aircraft as nice as FCA inside?
Ok Cool!! Many thanx, I'll keep my eye out for them then :-)
sparky123,

Please refer to the previous pages of this thread. You'll find extensive aircraft information and opinions. The aircraft are pretty much the same inside, apart from the configuration and colour scheme. ie TOM's are dark blue leather and 2-4-2 in economy, FCA's are green leather and 2-3-2 throughout.

Darren
The seats in both economy and premium do not have as much padding in the seat, economy doesn't have any head rests and as Dazbo says there are 4 seats in the middle- great if you are in a party of 4- you are less likely to be split up but less elbow room.

The cabin isn't as relaxing as the ex First Choice birds.

Everything else is pretty much the same.

Thats why I prefer the FC planes.
Thanks for the quick repsonse to my qusetions. i'll ask again about which aircraft i will be on nearer the time. Also glad to hear good reports on the gluten free menu. Just got to get the ETSA sorted put now!
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA

You said on my flight to Luxor that I will only get the Premium cabin, not the premium service. When I booked it, Thomson said I would get the full premium service as advertised. Is this not the case?
Hi,

Just wanted to double check with you very infomative people, could you confirm that the flight below from LGW to Punta Cana IS a Thomson aircraft? I have prebooked seats 5a&b which I was told was the last row in Premium when booking - does that tie up with your info?

TOM011 /TOM 012

Thanks for always being on the ball guys - it's much appreciated!

Lisa x
LisaMJ,

It is indeed a Thomsonfly aircraft (G-OBYG operated the last flight). The last row in premium is row 5.

Darren
garym1308,

You'll be sat in the premium cabin and have the on-demand seat back IFE etc, but you won't have complimentory drinks. Egypt is a short haul destination rather than a long haul where you get the full premium package.

Darren
Hi has anyone any idea which films will be shown on my flight to La Romana on TOM on 05/04/09?

Cheers sparky123
garym1308 wrote:
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA

You said on my flight to Luxor that I will only get the Premium cabin, not the premium service. When I booked it, Thomson said I would get the full premium service as advertised. Is this not the case?

You don't surprise me in the least, the Travel Agents don't really know the difference, they see "premium cabin" in the brochure or in their computer and assume it is the same as the "premium cabin" on long haul- as it shows the same, their end. Unfortunately the premium service is too long winded to do on a Luxor flight, we used to do it to Cape Verde which is about an hour longer and that was a rush.

You shouldn't be expected to know but compare the upgrade price on a Luxor flight and a flight to say the Maldives, the latter will be £300 the former about £80.00(roughly, last time I checked) I would definately challenge the Travel Agent to proove you will get it and where it says it in your brochure(do not be fobbed of by them showing you the faraway shores brochure) if they can't see what you can get out of them in compo.... miselling comes to mind ;)

The Egypt brochure only mentions the IFE and legroom.
Just copied this from the Thomson website so I am hoping this is correct.

http://flights.thomson.co.uk/en/flywithus_premium_service.html
  • Edited by David 2009-02-24 17:32:07
    Post edited for copyright reasons. Weblink inserted to replace quoted text.
garym1308,

It does indeed seem to suggest you'll get the full premium package on your short haul flights. I've just checked and it's advertising meal and complimentory drinks included on the booking form. The page you quoted from is here (Mods will edit your post to remove the quote soon!). That's not the norm as BY-TOM-AMM-FCA posted above. You only usually have a cut down version of the premium package consisting of extra seat pitch and IFE. Maybe the reason Luxor and Sharm are in bold is because there should be a link or referance to the fact it's a cut down version? That's an interesting one! You'll note you only have a checked-in luggage allowance of 20kg rather than 23kg for the normal premium package.

Darren
garym1308/Dazbo5,

If You Book A Package Holdiday Which Includes The Flights To Luxor You Are Given The Option To Add "Premium Class". Which It States "Enjoy complimentary drinks throughout your flight (excluding champagne)" Including the Increased Seat Pitch And IFE On Demand.

It Then Directs You To Their Longhaul Flight Information Page

Gower
Thanks GowerL7, we've already established that. What we are saying is, you don't normally receive the full premium package (eg complimentory drinks) on what are classed as short haul flights, which Egypt are. That's why it's only £75 to upgrade rather than the best part of £300. Maybe they've recently changed the offer to sell the seats.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.