Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
cheryl40,

MAN-DLM-MAN (TOM496/7) are operated by a Boeing 767-304/ER (328Y / short haul). The aircraft operating your flight should be operating MAN-PFO-MAN (TOM2730/1) today. It hasn't taken off yet so I can't get the reg as yet! As the flight gets in around 2115 and your flight isn't until 0915 the following morning, they sometimes rotate aircraft so don't take it as read.

Darren
Thanks Darren . Hope we are not delayed nothing worse than being stuck at Manchester airport....... I get stressed out about flying so just being sat there makes me worse . Hope there is nothing wrong with the plane ???? the reason its delayed going to paphos ???

cheryl
cheryl40,

The Paphos flight is running about 3 hours 35 minutes late. It's now scheduled back at 0040 in the morning so shouldn't have any knock-on effects for your flight. I assume it's due to the late inbound Cancun flight (TOM162/3) as aircraft have been swapped due to a long haul aircraft having technical problems. Assuming that's the case, you'll be on G-OBYI, a former long haul aircraft with seat back IFE (presumably why you want to know the registration!).

Darren
Thanks Darren for the new seat plans - Very helpful.
Will the IFE for Sept/Oct be posted on this thread as a matter of course or should I ask again at the end of the month?
Cheers
PS I so hope they have stopped messing with the MAN/CAN flights by the end of Sept as the only reason I could get my mum back on a long haul plane is because I kept telling her how nice premium was and if it's not on I'm sure she won't get on the plane.
Hi Darren would you be able to tell me what films are showing on thomsons code TOM flights to sharm we are flying on sunday 30th from gatwick thanks in advance for your reply
july & august IFE are postead on this page of the thomsonfly thread, we have as yet not received information on sept/oct yet

wizard
Bit delayed with this. Flew Premium TOM126 MAN0PUJ and 127 PUJ-MAN in July. Everything about both flights was great. We left MAN 15 minutes late but arrived in PUJ and amazing 45 mins early! This caught our taxi out so had to hang about a bit but the reps gave us free beer so that was fine!

The films on the way out were not very intersting so only watched one but far better on the way back. Headset connection did not work properly on the way out so only had right ear sound. Reported it to crew manager as I new I would have the same seat on the way back if it was the same plan. Behold it was the same plane G-OBYJ, and the seat was repaired, good job. Loved having Magners for the first time on a flight. Thomson could do with giving the cabin a bit more life as the blue seats and walls are a bit dull.

Could do a full review but I think just saying thanks to the crew for their attention and to Thomson Airlines for a great flight. Thomas Cook have a lot to live up to next year!
deana,

As Wizard mentions, as soon as we get our hands on it, or more likely BY-TOM-AMM-FCA, we'll post it. No need to ask again.

Darren
Govan Jaggie wrote:
Thomson could do with giving the cabin a bit more life as the blue seats and walls are a bit dull.

That's one of the reasons I prefer the former First Choice cabins with the bright green leather rather than dark blue. It gives the cabin a lighter feel.

Darren
definitely better seats in FC cabin and the mood lighting is a great touch :tup
Yes the mood lighting really does crete a nice atmosphere. I think we all agree First Choice did a much better job than Thomson when it came to upgrading there long haul fleet.
I definately agree much better cabins on First Choice aircraft than Thomson

Angie.
darren,

could you please tell me where you get this information on the type of plane flights will be,

also i am flying on TOM328 (LGW - SSH) on 4th July 2010, could you tell me which plane this will be. (and if ex-first choice or thomsonfly if you can)

thanks alot

alex
:)
alexblfc,

A combination of ACARS (SBS-1), TOM's flight schedule and insider knowledge!

It's way too early to know what aircraft are on what routes in summer 2010, the aircraft schedule hasn't been finalised yet! However, I would expect it to be a former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-304/ER as in previous years.

Darren
flying Manchester to Sharm - TOM546 on Sunday 27th September, departing 9:05 can you tell me the type of plane please.
Claire55,
Flight TOM546 will be operated on a Boeing 767-300 by the looks of things, this will be one of the short haul configuration aircraft with seating 2-4-2 throughout the cabin. 4 out of 6 short haul configuration aircraft have Seat Back IFE.

More information can be found on the What Aircraft Guide

Z.J.C
Hi
Can anyone point me in the direction of which aircraft config thomsons will be using on TOM082 gatwick to Aruba on 16th Sept 2009 as trying to pin down seating config
Also what happens if they have not used all the premium economy seats---do they upgrade people FOC?
thanks for your help
Dreamliner57
Dreamliner57,

welcome onboard :tup
LGW-AUA-LGW (TOM082/3) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER (258 seats). You'll find further aircraft information including seating plans on our What aircraft? guide.

Dreamliner57 wrote:
Also what happens if they have not used all the premium economy seats---do they upgrade people FOC?

Those days are long gone I'm afraid! They'll be onsale at check-in in the unlikely event of availability.

Darren
Thank you Darren for the swift reply will checkout the link

Dreamliner57
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.