Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi could you tell me why does the flights from egypt take a lot longer coming back? im going out in a few weeks from bhx flight going out says 4hr 25 but return 6hr 45 i have noticed this from other airports as well . thanks col.
uptoncol,

The outbound leg is 5 hours 25 minutes rather than 4 hours 25. You're going against prevailing winds on the way back so it takes longer. The routing is also slightly further.

Darren
Right Here Goes:-

Short/Mid Haul:-
Outbound
The Proposal
Monsters vs Aliens(sept only)
Ice Age 3 (Oct only)
767 seat back aircraft (G-OBYD/E/G/I/J)
Imagine That (Sept Only)
The Soloist(Oct only)

Inbound
Star Trek XI
Night at the Museum 2
767 seatback aircraft (G-OBYD/E/G/I/J)
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past

Long Haul
On all ex-First Choice aircraft and ex Thomsonfly(G-OBYI)
Outbound
*Angels & Demons
*Terminator Salvations
*The Hangover
Fast & Furious(3??) Think this may be the third one, don't think it will be the original
The Soloist
Imagine That
The Secret OF Moonacre
The Proposal

Inbound
*State of Play
*X-Men Origins:Wolverine
*Looking For Eric
Star Trek XI
Is Anybody There?
Night At the Museum 2
Dr Dolittle: Million Dollar Mutts
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past

Any with an Asterisk (*) are in the premium cabin only, or for £5.00 you are able to upgrade in the standard cabin, also you will gain video on demand -similar sky+/Virgin V+ Also depending on the aircraft(ex-First Choice/Thomsonfly) you will gain either a 90 CD collection to create your own jukebox, or additional games.
Thanks for the September / October IFE listing BY-TOM-AMM-FCA :tup

Darren
thanks very much for the listing - I'm really chuffed with those!
:D thanks too my daughter hopes it's monsters v. aliens
Beermat,
I am not sure a movie will be shown on your flight due to time constraints, you are further north so the flight time maybe sufficient to show a movie but the crew have to take 15-20 minutes off the start/end of each flight once they've done that if there is still time for a movie then they will show it.

If they don't show a movie it will usually be BBC repeats, this is the same senario if there isn't enough time to watch two movies.
:que awww!nevermind, i'm sure she'll be happy with the mag i buy at the airport,animals and you(or is it me?)anyway,thanks for the information. :tup
beermat,

Dragons Den, Only fools and Horses, Top Gear etc normally.

Darren
Just looking at October brakes. Just wondering what a/c operate the october brake SSH flights. The package will be 9 night one, and i think its 20/10 or 21/10 to 29/10 or 30/10. Just wondering what a/c will operate the MAN-SSH-MAN flights?
Nick 1992,

Again, please quote flight numbers if you have them as there's often more than one flight.

MAN-SSH Dep 1355 Tues (TOM442) Boeing 767-304/ER (328Y / short haul)
MAN-SSH - No flights on Wednesdays
SSH-MAN Dep 2245 Thurs (TOM573) Boeing 767-304/ER (328Y / short haul)
SSH-MAN Dep 1735 Fri (TOM577) Boeing 757-200 (winglets)
SSH-MAN Dep 2245 Fri (TOM773) Boeing 767-304/ER (328Y / short haul)

Darren
Hi All,
We are flying out to Anatalya on Sept 8th 2009 @15.05 on TOM 512 and back on the 15th , can any one please tell me what aircraft is used on the route ?
lan-Lds,
Flight TOM512 is operated on a Boeing 767-300 short haul configuration. Which will be a ex-Thomsonfly Long Haul Aircraft.
There is a 66% chance of seat back IFE.

More information can be found on the What Aircraft Guide

Z.J.C
Ian-Lds,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-AYT-MAN (TOM512/3) are operated by a Boeing 767-304/ER (328Y short haul). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide.

EDIT: z.j.c beat me to it by 10 seconds!

Darren
Thanks guys for the info ! and the quick response.
Dazbo,

Thanks for your reply. I dont have flight numbers, instead i have dates and deapture times (as it is a package).

23/10/09 1355/2030
01/10/09 1730/2120

I would pressume the outbound is 763.
Hi Guys again,
ref my previous query, any ideas as to punctuality and reg number of the plane ?

Thanks
Ian
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.