Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
jmac,

The information I had was the last 733 was being retired at the end of April. However, I know G-THOP is still active as I've seen her flying in/out of MAN this month and the flight logs are showing she's still active as of this afternoon. G-THOP's EASA expirey date is 29/09/2012 suggesting it's still going to be around for the summer season. G-THOO's expires 10/06/2012 but I've not seen her and her last flight was 30th April 2012 when she retired from TOM although she positioned with a Bmi Baby flight prexif suggesting she's joining their fleet.

Darren
luke225,

Assuming you're flying long haul, you'll get the IFE listed on the outbound flight, but it'll change for your inbound to the July / August listing. That won't be released until the beginning of July.

Darren
Yeah, long haul. Thanks again Darren.
has row 5 in premium on boeing 767 v3 got a window as this is the last row. I know that row 9 on ex fca aircraft has,nt.
don coulthart,

Yes, that row has a window. Windows are missing where wiring and air conditioning ducting is routed.

Darren
many thanks dazbo. Flown on v2 many times, first time on v3
Hi, could someone tell me which aircraft is used for TOM4668/9 LGW-FUE. Also if I pay for extra legroom seats, where would I be seated and do you consider it worth the extra money. If next to emergency exit does the door restrict your extra legroom, also do all extra legroom seats still recline? Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for any info :)
Hi Darren,

In response to a query about whether aircraft used for Manchester to Cancun would be ex-First Choice, you said: "There are 6 weekly flights so it depends on the one (day) you're travelling, but yes." - can you please tell me if that applies for flights on a Wednesday or Thursday (in November) please?

Also, you've previously said in a post re premium seating: "If all you want is more room, row 20/28 (V2/V1) is the most spacious on the aircraft, just without the added extras" - are they likely to be a V2 or V1 and if so, are rows 20/28 (V2/V1) classed as standard or charged as extra legroom seats?

tracytreacle1,

LGW-FUE-LGW (TOM4668/9) are operated by Boeing 737-800. The over-wing exit seats (rows 15 & 16) are fine, they don't restrict legroom or they wouldn't be extra legroom. The ones at the front are behind a bulkhead. All seats have recline.

Darren
cagzy,

We're currently under the summer schedule so I can't say exactly what will be operating in the winter (commencing November). However, they should be ex-FCA's. It doesn't matter if it's a V1 or V2 aircraft if you've book the over-wing exit row, you'll get either 20 or 28 depending on the assigned aircraft on the day. 5 of the 6 aircraft are in the V2 (so row 20), and one in the V1 (row 28). The aircraft are swapped and changed weekly so it's impossable to know until closer to the time which will be used on the day of the flight. As an exit row, they are charged as extra legroom seats. There are photos of the seats linked from out What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks for the quick reply Darren. Haven't booked yet, but will pay for extra legroom seats when I do and keep fingers crossed those seats are available when I come to choose!

BTW, if extra legroom seats aren't available, is standard seating pitch bearable on these longhaul flights?

Oh, and do the seats in row 19 v2 or 27 v1 recline please?

Thanks.
cagzy wrote:
BTW, if extra legroom seats aren't available, is standard seating pitch bearable on these longhaul flights?

Very much so. You are privileged to be flying in one of the most generous economy seat pitches in the world at 33". That's more than the majority of full fare schedudes airlines with many charter passenger quite envious of what we get. For example I'm flying to New York with KLM in a few weeks, they only offer 31" seat pitch like BA, Virgin and the American carriers. I've spent 14 hours onboard an ex-FCA 763, a pretty long flight and found them no problem at all.

cagzy wrote:
Oh, and do the seats in row 19 v2 or 27 v1 recline please?

Yes. I've sat in row 19 a few times in order to recline the seat on long flights and not intrude on those behind.

Darren
I hope that the Top Management at Thomson Fly have looked on Skytrax recently some of the reviews are very bad.
However to Thomson Fly defence we went Man/Cancun in March and as a Business class flyer i thought Premium was very good,IFE not to my taste but i had my ipad.
Thanks again for your quick reply Darren. Don't think I'll bother with extra legroom seats.

Haha, that's why I asked about the rows in front (rows 19 and 27) - I'm too polite to recline! But if there is a large gap then I might just do it.
Hi Darren
Fly out 23/05/12 man/cancun tom196. Do you know were its coming in from that morning

welshy0151,

The aircraft operating TOM196/7 should be coming in from Cancun (TOM123, most likely) or Sanford (TOM169).

Darren
Hi, which aircraft is used for LTN-FUE TOM5342/3 and where are the extra leg room seats situated, and do they recline
. Thanks :)
tracytreacle1,

I thought you were flying on the the TOM4668/9 as per your previous post? It's the same aircraft type on the TOM5342/3.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.