Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi :wave:

we are travelling to Gran Canaria from EMA on 22nd Aug on TOM 7130, can you tell me what aircraft it will be. my daughter is a very nervous flyer so any information you can give me would be appreciated :cheers
Hi Dazbo

Im flying from Gatwick to Las Palmas on Sept 5th. TOM4126 and returning on 12 Sept on TOM4127.
Any chance on info for which aircraft and IFE please.

Many thanks
Racegirl :tup
Hi all from a very very got turkey
We are travelling on TOM 567 DLM - MAN tomorrow/ saturday. Does anyone know which exact aircraft will be operating the flight. Hoping for one of the new 737's with sky interior!!
Many thanks in advance

pallan
PrincessLili42,

EMA-LPA-EMA (TOM7130/1) are operated by a Boeing 737-800. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our what Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
racegirl3075,

LGW-LPA-LGW (TOM4126/7) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our what Aircraft? guide (link below). IFE for September / October won't be released until the beginning of September. I'll update the link once I have it.

Darren
pallan,

There are several 73H's based at MAN so it can be any one of them and can change at any time. You'll find out on the day. G-CDZM is looking likely though. The Sky interior aircraft are currently based in;

G-FDZT - MAN
G-FDZU - LGW
G-FDZW - DSA
G-FDZX - EMA

Darren
Thanks for your quick reply!! :) However searching for G-FDZM nothing comes up, I didn't think there was a G-FDZM in the fleet???
pallan wrote:
I didn't think there was a G-FDZM in the fleet???

My mistake, I meant G-CDZM. That's on your schedule rotation for this week but bear in mind things can change.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo
I was thinking of maybe checking in the day before, but a bit worried that the luggage would go astray. Is this service reliable? If I do decide to do it, do I also have to take along my hand luggage?

Thanks Racegirl.

:think
racegirl3075,

It'll be fine, luggage is kept securely so there's no greater risk of it not making the flight than when you check-in normally. Whether it's worthwhile is debatable. Day before check-in details are on Thomsons website. All passengers need to be present at check-in. You won't need hand luggage as you aren't checking that in. However, bear in mind security restrictions and it still needs to meet size and weight restictions and may be checked at the boarding gate.

Darren
Ahhh thanks
I hope it does change - don't like the old 737's
racegirl3075 wrote:
Thanks Dazbo
I was thinking of maybe checking in the day before, but a bit worried that the luggage would go astray. Is this service reliable? If I do decide to do it, do I also have to take along my hand luggage?

Thanks Racegirl.

:think

Well worth checking in the day before if you are staying overnight in an airport hotel prior to the flight. Makes the morning much more relaxed, time for shopping/coffee in Departures etc.
Have to respectfully disagree with Darren - we used day before check in at Gatwick earlier this year - they wanted to see & weigh our hand luggage - my wife's was overweight by 1.5kgs but they let us off because our main suitcases were under!!
brewerdave wrote:
Well worth checking in the day before if you are staying overnight in an airport hotel prior to the flight.

That's probably the only time it works out, I don't see the point in travelling to the airport the day before just to check-in under any other circumstances, unless you live very close.

Darren
hi daz,

can you tel what aircraft i will be on:

13th september: tom602 27th september: tom03

will the ife be on seatback tv and if so is it AVOD?
john.stirr

TOM602/3 are operated by an Airbus A321-200. IFE information is on our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
Sorry I know it has been mentioned but I can't remember, I will be flying out on 17th September on TOM144 from Manchester to Cancun. I am watching a couple of inbound flights Punta Cana and Puerto Plata but I can't remember which is the one I should be watching to check if my outbound flight is running to schedule.

For the past few weeks they have both been on time but it would be good to check the correct one.
Feebee,

I've been through your posting history and you've not asked that question! The aircraft operating your flights (TOM144/5) comes in from Puerto Plata (TOM194/5), occasionally Punta Cana (TOM126/7).

Darren
No I haven't asked but I think someone else did. Thanks Darren
Flying from EDI to FUE on TOM 1618 - 15/10
Returning FUE to EDI on TOM 1619 - 22/10.

Any idea if this will be the wet-leased (ex-Zoom) Astreus 757 that I've noticed hanging about Edinburgh or was that just to cover for school holidays etc?
If not, I assume 757-200?

Thanks in advance ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.