Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Which plane please - am flying MAN - TCP on TOM 292/3 dep 20 Sept ret 04 Oct. Have booked extra legroom seats and the plane when I reserved the seats (16C) appeared to be a 737-800. However when I tried the seatplan link on this site it came up with a 737-300 which has different extra leg seating. Can you please advise ? Thanks in anticipation
stonyb,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-TCP-MAN (TOM292/3) are scheduled to be operated by a Boeing 737-800 (winglets). Did you click on the correct link on our What Aircraft? guide? That is the correct seat plan for the Boeing 737-800. Rows 15 and 16 are the overwing exits / extra legroom seats.

Darren
Hi Daz
We are flying flight Tom 1512 newcastle /palma
Tom 1513 palma/ newcastle

can you tell me what type of plane we are flying on and if it it has " in flight entertainment" im sorry i do not know the correct term for this.

Regards Alan
mobile fitter,

NCL-PMI-NCL (TOM1512/3) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information including current IFE on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi All,
Got back from Turkey yesterday (Dalaman) and just thought I would give a quick review on the flights:

01/08/11 - MAN - DLM - TOM714 - G-OBYG:
Overall a good flight. Our family had seats 11F, 11G, 11H. I was in 11H and I had a very good window seat. Only real problem on this flight was whilst we did get our own individual IFE mine has to be re-booted 3 times as everytime I went on a game it decided to crash. We actually took off early which was suprising as the flights I had been tracking in previous weeks have all left late, and we landed around 20 minutes ahead of schedule.
Overall 8/10
13/08/11 - DLM - MAN - TOM567 - G-CDZI
We had seats 4A,4B,4C
This flight wasn't as good as the first one but still OK. We where on one of the older 737's which dont have the slimline seats which meant it felt a little cramped. Also it was a night flight and most people wanted to just sleep after the cabin service. I thought the crew where a little slow in finishing this and it took around 1hr 45 minutes for the service to be finished. We took off on time from Dalaman, we actually thought we would get to leave early as we had everyone on board and doors shut by 01:30 (we weren't scheduled to leave til 02:10) however the captain came on and said we couldnt get an earlier slot so we ended up sitting on the ground for 20 minutes. We arrived in Manchester 10 minutes early (04:35 as opposed to 04:45). This is the part that annoyed me the most and it wasn't Thomsons fault it was the airport's. We where the only flight that had landed in T2 for 3 hours and yet it took nearly an hour to get the first bags off!!??
Overall 6/10

pallan
As someone who's taken Thomson holidays for the incredible time of 38 years - (yes - NCL to Ibiza June 1973, 52 quid per person, full board 2 weeks) I'm really dismayed by the plans to eliminate short-haul in-flight meals and IFE. I just looked at their on-line example menu
- it is just rubbish Junk Food!
Thomson in-flight meals were way better than Thomas Cook (who have, oddly, decided to keep doing them) and when Thomson did Zilli-food (which was controversial, I admit) at least they were trying to raise standards and increase the heath quality level.
Now - the new meals are heading for the gutter.
Chips is now an option!. And hot dog, and sausage rolls, and cheeseburgers....

Is it really the case that take-up of the normal in-flight meal option was so poor that they had to do this? Nowadays I take quite a number of Thomson flights each year, and the number of folk passing on meals doesn't appear to be large. Most people do seem to take meals.
Else why are Thomson doing it? If it's too expensive, put the price up till it's economic.
Please, please, don't just head for the junk yard.

And while I'm on my soap box, scrapping short haul IFE?
I was on one of the first Thomson IFE enabled flights, which was also one of the first Thomson 767 flights, way back in early 80's, East Midlands to Palma. Amazing - one didn't have to read a book or be bored for 3 hours going on holiday. Those days it was the weird air-tube type headphones!
I've since seen lots of movies in-flight I'd never have thought of going to see or renting, but I've enjoyed them, and they became part of the holiday experience.
And now - that's going to be finished also.
I reckon that's really sad.
Anyone want to join a campaign to try to change the minds of Thomson Management?
The Ife thing isn't confirmed yet and even if it is scrapped it will still be available on the b767 shorthaul
Certain groups of staff within the airline have been saying exactly what you have said above ukbill for months, apparently paid focus groups have been telling Thomson Airways that they would rather have burger and chips, I know the airline management read these forums hopefully it will Dawn on them that maybe traditional meals are still wanted.
Im travelling with thomson airways and would like to look at what duty free shopping is available onboard (mainly fragrances) ive tried a few links ive found on google but to no avail, if anyone who has travelled recently could give me an idea or provide a link for me to look at i would be very grateful

thankyou
lilyflipflop wrote:
Im travelling with thomson airways and would like to look at what duty free shopping is available onboard (mainly fragrances) ive tried a few links ive found on google but to no avail, if anyone who has travelled recently could give me an idea or provide a link for me to look at i would be very grateful

thankyou

You can find the brochure are http://thomson.inbro.net/seeinsidebrochure/Thomson_Thomson-Airways-Inflight-Magazine:-Issue-1-...-2011

(edited with direct link)

Certain groups of staff within the airline have been saying exactly what you have said above ukbill for months, apparently paid focus groups have been telling Thomson Airways that they would rather have burger and chips, I know the airline management read these forums hopefully it will Dawn on them that maybe traditional meals are still wanted.

Trouble with focus groups is the questioning, Would you prefer a cheeseburger to a traditional meal? is a different question to What kind of meal would you like?

Likewise Would you forgo entertainment for a cheaper holiday? or Would you like inflight entertainment? Both the same question but usually produce two different answers
befreetoday

thankyou so much for your fast reply :tup im off to look at the link and see what i can buy whilst on board.

lily :sun2
hi

the link comes up as not found :( it there maybe another link i could try

thanks for your help
i have posted the direct link now in my original post that should work for you. :)
:tup thanks for the new link its worked :tup

lily :sun2
BEfreeTODAY wrote:

Trouble with focus groups is the questioning, Would you prefer a cheeseburger to a traditional meal? is a different question to What kind of meal would you like?

Likewise Would you forgo entertainment for a cheaper holiday? or Would you like inflight entertainment? Both the same question but usually produce two different answers

If i'm on a flight up to 4 hours i'm not too bothered in having a meal, if i fly to somewhere like Egypt the flights are usually 9am-3pm out and 5pm-10pm back and i would usually purchase a meal and would prefer traditional over burgers , i'm ok with the pricing of meals, and i find the same with in-flight entertainment , obviously prices for flights are important too and the LCC's have pushed down prices by offering no frills service and i think the likes of thomson have to copy to compete.
Please Thomson don't head down the burger route, it's all stodge and heavy carbs. Not condusive to sitting on down for 10 hours and I assume it would just smell like McDonalds :(
Feebee wrote:
Not condusive to sitting on down for 10 hours

Any changes wont effect long haul flights, only short haul.

Darren
Hi there,

We are travelling to Cancun on November 22nd flight TOM074. do you know what palne will be used as we've upgraded our seats to premium economy and i'd like to try and get seats together. also do you know when you can book these?

Many thanks,
murphy001965,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-CUN-LGW (TOM074/5) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Select your seat opens 90 days before your departure date by phone, 60 days online.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.