Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hey, thanks for that.

I think the flight number was TOM 2404 ?

Rotterdam.
I think the flight number was TOM 2404

That's the one!

Hi - looking to book to go to Cape Verde - Boa Vista Rabil airport with Thomson. Am I right in thinking it will be on a Boeing 757 -200? If so do you know if there is a possibility of buying extra leg room seats on this flight? Also, understand there are a number of versions of this plane. I would be flying from Gatwick on April 4th 2012 - don't have a flight number.

Hi, this flight is operated on a 757-200 during the summer months, but I dont see any changes for the winter schedule. Flight number should be TOM218/9. The only difference in the versions are really the locations of the toilets, thus a variation in certain seat row numbers. The only difference you will see noticeably though is if you are on an ex-TOM aircraft with navy leather slimline seats or an ex-FCA aircraft with turquoise or beige leather seats. Both aircraft have the same standard seat pitch, although the ex-TOM slimline seats will give you extra knee space. You will not know which one it will be until much closer to the time anyway. As for the extra space seats I would guess there will still be some available. However as it is a longer flight these will get snapped up very quickly so I would get them at the time of booking. Hope you get it booked! :)
Tricksykent1,

A small number of extra legroom seating is available. You'll need to call Thomson Airways to enquire about availability and booking them.

Darren
For those interested, Boeing have announced there Boeing 787 (Dreamliner) will receive it's certification tomorrow (Friday), along with the Boeing 747-8. The inaugral passenger flight for the 787 will be on 26th October when launch customer, ANA (Air Nippon Airways) will operate a charter from Tokyo Narita to Hong Kong. This'll hopefully mean Thomson Airways will get their first one in June 2012 as planned.

Darren
Thats cool, it's 2 days after I fly to Cuba. It's a shame they couldn't stick to the time frame otherwise I might of been travelling on it :-(
787-1 won't operate long haul until November 2012 it will operate Palma Cyprus and selected ssh routes. 787-2 and 3 won't arrive until jul and sig and start long haul nov and dec and so on
Hi Darren
Just read an interesting comment by First Choice on their facebook page, stating that unfortunately they don't have in flight entertainment on short and mid haul flights. However, some of their newer aircraft may have screens showing popular television shows. When questioned, they said they couldn't guarantee either way, as they use different aircraft for routes, and couldn't ensure that the flight to Egypt would be on one of their long haul aircraft??

I thought this was still undecided and not until the end of the season, it at all?
Sunaddict,

My understanding is IFE will no longer be shown on the narrow bodied fleet from November, in line with Thomas Cook. It'll still be available on the wide bodied fleet though, as it is now. Refer to the What Aircraft? guide for more details.

Darren
Hi Darren
That's what I thought. It just seemed a bit odd for a FC representative to post that :que
I sometimes wonder if the right hand knows what the left is doing lol!
To be honest the staff that work on the Facebook pages are as far away from the airline as possible so they just get the press release not always the correct information

Like they say though it is on B767 aircraft but they can't guarantee what routes they will be on yet
Thanks. Sometimes better to say nothing, or go and check, rather than give out incorrect information.
I am flying to Bulgaria (bourgas) on TOM 4574 on 9th September and returning on 24th September. Can anyone tell me which planes will be used?

Thankyou.
:)
leapyearchick,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-BOJ-LGW (TOM4574/5) are operated by a Boeing 767-304/ER (short haul / winglets). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks for speedy response.

Getting excited now - less than 2 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
Me again!!!

I can't find any info on 767-304 ER. For some reason can't get though using the links on What plane section.

Can find info for 767-300 is it similar to that??

Sorry for being a pain.

:-?
leapyearchick,

Try my signature below, it's working for me. There's a lot of information on there under the Thomason Airways section.

Darren
Hiya,

Firstly, great site, been an outsider for a while but have just registered :)

We are making our yearly pilgrimage to Cancun on 5th October from East Midlands...

It will be with Thomson Fly

Anyone know the following ?

Which plane it will / should be
Whats the IFE line up ?

Cheers

Marco
Hi
wondered if anyone can help. I have booked my seats for my flight to cancun from east midlands TOM348 on 7th september but there were no seats left by the window. When I rang he told me there were but these were saved in case there were any disabled people. However there were 6 reserved! he said it was very unlikely that there would be this many disable people booking premium seats and i might be able to get them at the airport. I get terribly frightened on planes if i cant see out the window. Does anyone know if there is any way of getting these seats? Theres just 2 of us travelling
thank you :)
Why are window seats reserved for disabled people ? Surely if you are booked in premium you should be able to book available seats. However as you are flying in just over a weeks time, I would have thought most of the premium passengers would already have chosen their seats.

I am flying 17th September and booked mine ages ago.

Marco - IFE for October isn't available until the beginning of September.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.