Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Just a quick note to say how good my recent flights were with Thomson to Fuerteventura.
Flew out from EDI on 15th on one of the older 737-800's (didn't catch the reg), no winglets and quite a dated interior. However the flight was smooth, good meals by airline standards and a very informative pilot.
Took a ride on G-FDZW on our return and what a difference with the new Boeing interior and leather seats - mood lighting was cool too!
Don't know if anyone can confirm this but is the sound-proofing better with the new interior as the cabin was noticeably quiter?
jc1,

The newer 737's are an updated aircraft and therefore designed to be quieter internally and have updated engines.

Darren
Hi Darren we are flying to Cancun from Manchester TOM 144 on the 10th of March return on the 24th March is this an exFCA or TOM 767.
qatarman,

I won't know until closer to the time, but it's normally an ex-FCA (I was on that flight last year!).

Darren
Hi

I'm looking to fly to Tenerife to stay with friends from Manchester airport on 27/12/11 for 2 weeks. Thomson, Thomas Cook and Monarch are all around the same price at the moment.

I know this is a slightly vague question, but do you have any kind of idea what type of aircraft these Airline use for this route. We went to Lanzarote with Monarch in July and was on a huge Airbus A330 that was really nice, and would really like to go on something like that again! However I'm not sure if they use these in the winter.

cheers, and again apologies for the vague question!
james 84,

I'll need flight numbers in order to comment on specific flights as there are several daily. Thomson and Thomas Cook mainly use Boeing 757-200's to those destinations, sometimes the larger Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Cheers Dazbo,

The flight numbers are: (all flying from Manchester to TFS on 27/12/11 returning 10/01/12)

TOM2294 - TOM2203
TOM2202 - TOM2203

TCX2326 - TCX2315
TCX2314 - TCX2315

ZB568 - ZB569

Cheers!
james 84,

Flights are currently showing as follows;

TOM2294 - TOM2203: Boeing 757-200
TOM2202 - TOM2203: Airbus A320-200

TCX2326 - TCX2315: Boeing 757-200
TCX2314 - TCX2315: Boeing 757-200

A few others you may be interested in;

LS917 - LS918: Boeing 757-200
U21901 - U21902: Airbus A320-200
ZB564 - ZB565: Airbus A321-200
ZB502 - ZB503: Airbus A320-200
ZB568 - ZB569 - Airbus A321-200

Darren
Thank you Darren i will check nearer the time
Hi Thanks for the info!

does anyone know if there is likley to be any price drops on ney year flight to Tenerife any time soon?

The only reason I ask is because last year I left it really late (about 3 weeks prior to departure) to book our flights with Thomson's. In the weeks before the flights were about £290pp. then all of a sudden they dropped to £125pp!

What would be the reason for this? do they ever add more flights on the same day, or maybe use a different sized aircraft this give extra seats at a cheaper price?

cheers
james 84,

At the time of your you're wanting to travel, I would say it's unlikely.Christmas and new year are one of the most expensive times to travel. Prices are effected by demand and supply so it's impossible to know what the prices will do. The best way to do it is keep looking and when you find a price you like, book them. The trick is not to look again afterwards in case they've gone done, or up! Charter airlines set their schedules up to 12 months in advance based on anticipated demand, they don't normally put extra flights on and aircraft types are scheduled in.

Darren
Hi Darren

Can you advise where the plane will be coming from before our flight on Sunday 30th October from gatwick to Punta Cana. Just wondered if it will already be at Gatwick when we arrive.
MAZ1406,

Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information. Are you on the TOM022? The aircraft operates LGW-SFB (Orlando Sanford)-LGW (TOM046/7) prior to your flight arriving in LGW on Sunday morning at 0635.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Sorry about that, but our flight no. is TOM060 departing Gatwick at 10.30 on 31/10/11
MAZ1406,

The aircraft operates to Cancun (TOM078/9) prior to operating the LGW-POP (TOM060).

Darren
I hope everything will be OK then, what with the Hurricane about to hit Cancun.
Rina looks more likely to make landfall in Cuba after Mexico. Not heading towards the DR.
Sunaddict, you did not get the meaning of my post. we are going to DR on Sunday but the plane is coming from Cancun.
Sorry! Thomsons Cancun flights up to the 28/10 are on scheduled 24 hour delays at the moment.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.