Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Dazbo........!

Sorry to be a pain but do you know what aircraft we will be flying on.....!

Sat 22 Sep 12 21:25 Manchester to Dalaman , TOM 308 and returning on........
Sun 07 Oct 12 01:35 from Dalaman to Manchester TOM 309........!

Cheers Dazbo...... :cheers
barjiash,

It's a little early to know for sure as I don't have the full Summer 2012 schedule as yet, only the winter 11/2 at the moment. MAN-DLM-MAN (TOM308/9) would normally be a Boeing 757-200. If you check back after May, I'll double check for you.

Darren
Cheers for that Dazbo........!

Was thinking of reserving our seats , but if it's a 767 i won't bother as there is 3 in our party and they have 2-4-2 config.......! Little girl wants a window seat.......! But you say it's a 757 so i think i'll book the seats.......!

thanks......! :tup
hi dazbo!
is true that. flights to cancun, from birmingham, are usually on ex thomson aircraft and not ex first choice? where as the reverse is true from manchester and gatwick?
we fly out on the 17th may...
thanks. richard.
Hi Darren,

Flying from MCR to Varadero on the 6th TOM142. Have seen this has been delayed by about 2hrs on its last 2 flights. Is this just a coincidence?? Looking forward to our holiday but not an extra 2 hrs at MCR.

DaveT
Good afternoon,

We have already booked our summer holiday, we are off to Tenerife again, we would like to know what aircraft is likely to be used, our flight details are:-

LGW - TFS TOM4744 Sunday 12 Aug
TFS - LGW TOM4745 Sunday 26 Aug

Last year we managed to have the extra leg room seat both ways, we liked it so much that we have booked them, which rows are these seats?.

Reading the press and the internet Thomson are due the 787 in June, and it will doing the medium length routes, if it is based to LGW is there any chance it could be used to TFS.
buzzer14,

Please quote your flight numbers, I can't comment on specific flights unless I have them as there's often more than one flight. The ex-TOM's are generally used from BHX on long haul but the ex-FCA are sometimes used, depending on the flight number, aircraft maintenane etc.

Darren
markhelen,

LGW-TFS-LGW (TOM4744/5) should be a Boeing 737-800 (winglets). You'll find seat plans linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below) showing extra legroom rows.

markhelen wrote:
Reading the press and the internet Thomson are due the 787 in June,

You've probably read old news. The latest on 787 deliveries is on our What Aircraft? guide. It'll be at least this time next year when the first is delivered, subject to any further delays.

Darren
Darren,

many thanks for the quick response.

markhelen
DLT1,

Delays occur for any number of reasons from ground handling issues, late passengers, weather, technical problems, to name but a few. You can't go off past flights as there are too many variables. The airline will do it's best to get you away on schedule. Delays are as much as an inconvenience for the airline as it is for passengers.

Darren
sorry dazbo!
its flight, tom374 birm-cancun. 17th may 2012 @10.20am.
buzzer14,

As far as I know, it's an ex-TOM but I'll be able to confirm it in May.

Darren
Hi Darren going Cancun with Thomson on 18th April from Manchester - what plane are we on and I can book seats ....Thanks
oap,

Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information. There are several flights (4) weekly so I can't give specific information without the flight number. Is it the MAN-CUN-MAN (TOM196/7) you're on? If so, it's operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. Details on pre-booking and pre-selecting seats is on Thomsons website.

Darren
I am flying Birmingham to cape verde on 10th April with Thomson. I have read write ups which state the plane is a short haul and seat space is tight so i have booked extra legroom seats. Can you confirm the aircraft type and also how many extra legroom seats there are on the plane..also are they just over the wings or are they in a seperate section. I have a concern as there are 5 of us ( including my son who is 16 ) and there are normally restrictions on the age of passengers sitting in emergency access seats, also some people have reported that when they got to check in they didnt get extra legroom even though they had booked and paid for it....
britabroad wrote:
I am flying Birmingham to cape verde on 10th April with Thomson. I have read write ups which state the plane is a short haul and seat space is tight so i have booked extra legroom seats. Can you confirm the aircraft type and also how many extra legroom seats there are on the plane..also are they just over the wings or are they in a seperate section. I have a concern as there are 5 of us ( including my son who is 16 ) and there are normally restrictions on the age of passengers sitting in emergency access seats, also some people have reported that when they got to check in they didnt get extra legroom even though they had booked and paid for it....

Standard Thomson info for ELR http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/extras/travel-options.html#extraspaceseats

Only time I have experienced difficulties with allocation of ELR seats ,was when Thomson changed the plane at short notice - we were given a new seat number by landside staff which wasn't the ELR row and had to have it sorted by flight crew.
britabroad,

Please provide flight numbers when requesting aircraft information. I can't provide specific information on flights without knowing which one you are travelling on. Assuming you're on the BHX-SAL-BHX (TOM638/9), they're operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Cape Verde is classed as a medium haul destination and therefore has aircraft with 28" seat pitch. Flights are currently operated by a former Thomsonfly aircraft, as opposed to a First Choice. This may change between now and your flights in April as they are rotated regularly, but these aircraft have the 'blue' interior with the slimline Recaro seats that give you more knee room. I've flown 6.5 hours on them and find them fine personally. The 'green' interiors with the regular seats on the ex-FCA are a little tight, but you'll hopefully not have one of those on the day. Extra legroom seats are on rows 1 (ABC), 12, 13F and 32 although there are slight variations in the fleet due to the merger. As long as you've booked extra legroom seating, all passengers are 14 or over and have no health issues (disabilities), you'll get the seats you've booked. Extra legroom passenger criteria is on Thomsons website. Don't worry!!

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.