Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
joe3400,

You can't really class the safety video as IFE, although it is quite funny! IFE means no IFE, video or audio. All the information with regards to the PSP's is in Thomsons inflight magazine (page 12). The link is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Have just returned from our 3rd trip to Sharm with Thomson. On previous occasions the plane has had a reasonable seating pitch, however on this flight - a 757-200 the seating pitch was a disgrace for an over 5 hour journey.For a journey of a couple of hours it would be bad enough. Does anyone know if it worth complaining to Thomson
Thanks as always Dazbo,
Yes, classing the safety video as part of in flight entertainment was tongue in cheek so to speak and I admit it is an amusing way to grab your attention, All information that that I asked for was found within the link, so thanks for that, I think I'll take my own entertainment, it a shame that the 757-200s don't have a usb connector, so as to keep my phone (in flight mode) charged.

Regards

Joe
woody91 wrote:
Does anyone know if it worth complaining to Thomson

That's your decision really if you didn't feel you had adequate comfort for your trip. I take it you had an aircraft with the slimline Recaro (blue) seats outbound and the standard (green) seats inbound? Even though the seat pitch is the same 28 inches, the slimline design and placement of the seat pocket makes a difference on medium haul flights. The airline meets and excedes the legal minimum seat pitch for the length of flight.

Darren
Hi, was wondering if you could please let me know which aircraft are operating these flights:

TOM2556 MAN-AGP, Fri 03 Aug
TOM2213 AGP-MAN, Tue 14 Aug

Cheers Darren. :tup
Fly21,

MAN-AGP-MAN (TOM2556/2213) are showing as operated by Airbus A321-200 / Boeing 737-800 respectively. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks for the quick reply Darren! Glad the outbounds an A321. Get to go on it before they get rid of them both at the end of the season! :D
Another escapee to Mexico

Please confirm aircraft for flight Tom 022 LGW / CUN 06/05/12

return 20/05/12 Tom 023 cun / Lgw
susannunn25,

Welcome onboard :tup
It's as you've already read, LGW-CUN-LGW (TOM022/3) are operated by ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hello Holidaytruths.

RE- TOM 196/7 25/04/12 MANCHESTER/CANCUN.

According to the Thomson online seating extras which we booked today, we are flying on a B767 2-3-2 configuration to Cancun from Manchester,does this mean its an EX First Choice type or one of the ex Thomsonfly jets ?
Mustafaholiday,

Ex-FCA. All the details are on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks for the reply.

It seems our party have the same row as your party did on its trip to Orlando ( Row 19 ).

Btw way,where does our plane depart from into Manchester before becoming TOM 196/7 to Cancun ?
Mustafaholiday,

On the V2 aircraft, row 19 is pretty good as the over-wing exit row is behind so you can recline your seat as much as you like and it won't impact on those behind. I'm having a change and sitting in rows 29/30 in March. I did want row 16 but that was taken :cry

The aircraft operating MAN-CUN-MAN (TOM196/7) operates MAN-Punta Cana-MAN (TOM166/7) prior normally.

Darren
Thanks again.

Sorry to be a pain but, when will we know if its a 'V2' ??? type of jet ??

On the online Thomson seat booking it looked like there were only 40 rows of seats, if thats any help ??
Mustafaholiday,

There are two seating configurations onboard the ex-FCA Boeing 767's. V1 and V2. The 'V' is for version. It's the same aircraft, they are just configured slightly different. One aircraft is in the V1 configuration and five are in the V2. All the details are on our What Aircraft? guide where the two seat plans are linked to. They are essentially the same apart from the location of the over-wing exit row in the economy section and a slight difference in the premium cabin.

Darren
morning daz.
do the seats on row 32 a and b (ex thomson longhaul) tom 138, have full recline and how do i recall, my previous post???

thanks
buzzer14,

They have recline as far as I know. There's a bulkhead behind but it's full recline as far as I know. I've not in every seat! Click on your user name to the left to list all your previous posts.

Darren
Hi, I've no idea what I'm doing with posting etc I've never done it before and have just joined. We are going to Turkey on flight TOM752 on 5 may 2012 with first choice. I'm trying to find out what plane it will be to book the seats with good leg room. All I can find is that it will be a Boeing 757-200 but it could be version 1 or 2, or even a Boeing 767-300. Does anyone know what plane they use and where the best seats are please?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.