Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Apparently our incoming flight to Cancun is TOM 166/7 coming in from Punta Cana ? Could this particular aircraft give you any clues,or is it still a waiting game to find out ?

No big deal btw.
Mustafaholiday,

As I mentioned before, aircraft are rotated almost weekly. As an example, G-OOBL, G-OOBK and G-OOBM have all been used at least once on your flight so far this month. It's not the same aircraft every week as they are moved between airports for maintenance and operational reasons. I know the previous aircraft movements to your flight and therefore will know the aircraft the day before once it's operating your incoming flight, barring any last minute changes.

Darren
Hi,

No worrys and thanks again.

Enjoy your hols btw.
Thanks Darren think we are going for Gla-ssh Thanks :)
here i am again Dazbo asking about a TOM flight departing 10/06/12 number TOM4730 could you let me know A/C type as always thanks in advance.
John
Darren can you help again please - I am on a Thomson flight in June TOM 4550 - which is likely to be a 737-300 - and I can get to select my seat soon (I've paid extra for the extra leg room seats) - I have looked on the seat plans.com and it states rows 12 and 13 are the exit rows, which is the middle of the plane surely both can't be ? it's hard to figure out which is the extra leg room seats
Darren can you help again please - I am on a Thomson flight in June TOM 4550 - which is likely to be a 737-300 - and I can get to select my seat soon (I've paid extra for the extra leg room seats) - I have looked on the seat plans.com and it states rows 12 and 13 are the exit rows, which is the middle of the plane surely both can't be ? it's hard to figure out which is the extra leg room seats

Hi Miss Pink,

I know you asked Darren for help but maybe I can too...

The 737-300 does indeed have extra ''space'' seats on rows 12 and 13. However, row 12 is configured at only 4 abreast. These are 12B,C D,E - a set of two seats each side of the aisle rather than the usual 3 seats (6 abreast) for the rest of the aircraft. This means that seats 13A and seat 13F directly behind are the only two in this area with truly extra legroom! ...

As you will be travelling in June though, the last two remaining 737-300 aircraft will have left the Thomson Airways fleet by then so I would expect you will be travelling on a 737-800 aircraft.

:cheers
Thank you very much aidoair, I should get notifcation soon on the booking a seat so I guess I will know then, so just in case it stays at the 737-300 and to be clear in my head extra legroom option would be best on the two seater option and 13A window or 13F is that right?
Miss Pink,

You'll find a seating plan for all TOM aircraft linked from out What Aircaft? guide (link below) with exit (extra legroom) rows indicated. Rows 12 is the overwing exit row on the 733 with 13A/F due to trow 12 being in pairs, both 12 and 13 have windows. I would agree with aidoair though, the 733's are leaving the fleet in May so it's more likely you'll be on the larger and newer Boeing 737-800. Overwing exits are rows 15 and 16.

Darren
thejohn,

LGW-ZTH-LGW (TOM4730/1) are operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Miss Pink,having flown in "extra legroom" on both 737-300s and 737-800s have to agree with aidoair - much better in 737-800, its genuine extra room! I'm 6' 4" but had plenty of knee room.
We actually complained to Thomson re the description of extra legroom in row 12 on 737-300 - it is only a matter of a couple of centimetres more than standard,yet we paid ~ £80 extra - the flight crew agreed with us - but we got absolutely nowhere with our complaint!! :cry
£80 wow thats expensive - lets hope that it is the 737 800 then
thanks once again Darren you are a Star.
John
Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been asked in the last few months...I have checked back a bit but I'm new to the forum.

I wonder if anyone has any information about what planes are flying to Aruba from London Gatwick this summer with First Choice. The flight No's are -TOM 024 (outbound) and TOM 025 (return). Thanks.
no2blues,

Welcome onboard :tup
Your flights, LGW-AUA-LGW (TOM024/5) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Is anybody else having problems selecting their seats online?

For the past week or so, the system is telling me that it can't find the booking. Prior to that it told me that it was too early to book the seats :que

Mark :)
Thanks Darren for your quick response...no2blues
Mark,

I did mine the other week no problem at all. When is it you're travelling? The flights may not be available for online seat selection yet if its more than 60 days away.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.