Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Jay Trip,

It could be a maintenance change as aircraft are in and out at the moment so your outbound flight is effected, but not your inbound. It's scheduled to be a Boeing 757-200 and if bookings are based on that with 235 seats, you'd expect it to be so. It's unlikely to be downgraded to a Boeing 737-800 as they only have 189 seats, unless bookings allow it. Assuming it's a narrow body aircraft, they're pretty much all the same inside in terms of seating (other than seat design and placement) so it makes little difference really. There shouldn't be any time changes.

Darren
Thomson Airways have announced their initial long haul routes to be operated by the Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner. They will include selected flights departing from Gatwick, Manchester and East Midlands to Orlando Sanford and Cancun commencing May 2013. Looks like another trip to Mexico is due next summer!

Darren
Mexico 2013 it is then... dates and flights may be a bit of a help beforehand for booking purposes though ;)

I'll be watching and waiting for updates Darren :tup
I'm flying Gatwick to Holguin on 4th June, Flight numbers are TOM94/95. Would you know if this is going to be an ex-FC aircraft or ex TOM long haul?
Also, can anybody confirm that the upgrade to Premium no longer includes the 23kg hold luggage allowance? I thought I had seen that when we booked, but invoice states 20kgs and I'm just confused! Perhaps I just imagined it after we had the increased allowance last year, and it's wishful thinking! But also don't really want to set myself up for excess baggage charges at check in.....

Thanks in advance....
Liver1965,

LGW-HOG-LGW (TOM094/5) should be operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER, but I'll be able to confirm it in May. The premium cabin includes 23kg of luggage allowance, but by all means contact Thomson to confirm it as the invoice / tickets are often incorrect.

Darren
It's planned to be an ex-FCC. It will be exTfly for may, but switch for the 1st June
Thank you both for your very swift replies- I will definitely contact Thomsons about the luggage allowance.
Hi Liver1965,

We too have booked Premium with Thomson for our holiday to Mexico, and I contacted the airline direct last week to query the baggage allowance. They stated 23kg hold and 7kg hand luggage.

Regards,
Pat
On Sat 21 Apr, i will be able to select and book my seats on my flight from Manchester to Marco Polo airport Venice

I have a extra leg room seat, but which one to pick, I want a seat with a window, and be able to look out it

What seat should I select
joeseptuk,

As you're in extra legroom seats, you are limited to the exit rows. Which to pick is personal preference really. The over-wing exits are fine, as are the ones at the front of the aircraft.

Darren
Hi Pat,
Thanks for the response re. luggage allowance.......much appreciated
Hi liver1965
We have two holidays booked one this year, not premium, and invoice is for 20Kg the other for next year in premium invoice indicates 23Kg and it does still say that in the A-Z
Roger
Thanks RogerDoger - As said initially, I wanted to make sure and I couldn't find anywhere on the website where it stated it was still 23kg..........I was obviously looking in the wrong place!

Thanks again to everybody to who replied to me - it seems I will fit those extra shoes in after all!! :D
A tip for those in extra leg room seats beside the exit doors - we've just come back from Sharm and we felt the extra leg room seats were worth every penny.

But the seat next to the exit door (we had 32 A) has some sort of draft. Before take-off one of the crew said it would be cold and and suggested I might like to move to the aisle seat which would be empty, but I like looking out of the window so I stayed put. My legs did get quite cold, even with thin trousers on, so I kept a shawl handy for the return, problem solved!
:wave:
Hi Beth,

We have always booke 32D, E and F, and yes, your right it is cold in those seats. However, due to the amount of legroom these seats provide I'm always willing to suffer the draft LOL!!

Pat
I've experienced this myself - but I've never understood the physics of how you can a darft in a sealed cabin?!
There's less insulation around the doors making it colder when the outside temperatues are well below freezing, anything up to -70c and beyond and there's often a small amount of airflow from the doors creating a small draft. It doesn't take make sub-zero air to cause a cold draft! It's not just row 32 on the 757's that have this, row 12 does too.

Darren
Hi,

I'm travelling from Manchester to Heraklion on 10th May returning 24th May.

Do you know what aircraft this will be?

Flight numbers are TOM2456/7

Thanks

Phil
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.