Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi,could you tell me who they have been sold to and why.I too thought they were good and are really annoyed at direct holidays and mytravel charging for meals when they are free on all flights with astraeus,I don't know how they are allowed to do that?
Cheers Mary B.
Astraeus are still in business, they are owned by a complex of investors,one of whom has recently sold their stake in the company,thats all.The press made out that the whole company was for sale and some wild rumours went round. My Mum flew with them recently and was very impressed. They have contracts with many tour operators well into 2007.
It has been reported that Fly Me ( of Sweden ) has bought 51% or a controlling interest in UK charter airline Astraeus. Fly Me is controlled by Mr Palmi Haraldsson,who also took over Danish Operator Sterling and merged it with Maersk.

Nivsy
Press release about Flyme's purchase of its stake in Astraeus.
The operator shall be responsible for flying and cabin crew for the new start up airline "Fly Gibraltar". Astraeus will also supply the 2 Boeing 737 3oo series for Fly Gibraltar.

Nivsy
Hi, We're flying from Bristol to Banjul 24th. Nov.10.35a.m..Any idea which aircraft?? Thanks, Carol
Has anyone used or know about an airline called Astraus. I have been checking prices for flights to Kefalonia, and these are proving to be the cheapest.Many thanks :wink:
EDIT: Merged with our 5 page ASTRAEUS / FLYASTRAEUS thread which should provide you with lots of additional info.
David HT Mod
Did you mean Astraeus (note the e). If so I have used them on several occations to Egypt and although the 737's they used have been a little old they were on time and the cabin staff good. If you fly on the 737's then there is no in flight entertainment systems but they are now also using 757's (according to their website) as well and these have in flight entertainment.
here is there website.
http://www.flyastraeus.com/
Has anyone using this airline ever been flown by Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden?
Flew with them to Monastir in April when they were apparently sub-contracted to Nouvelair Tunisie. Quite comfortable and no problems. No entertainment but NT doesn't have it either and for some reason there was no duty-free on the flight.
Not sure whether I should ask this in Man Airport thread!!----------but-

Does anyone know if Astraeus operate check in at Man in a similar way to Easyjet------that is, you just queue for your particular flight--------or are they like Thomson where you can cheque in at any of their desks????
Think that those of you who are booked through Libra holidays on Aestreus flights fromn Gatwick to Taba need to be aware that at least three of the flights in December have been cancelled!! They are flying into Sharm instead, we had flights booked 15 & 22 Dec Gatwick to Taba and have been offered to depart 23 Dec into Sharm!! I think a lot of people are going to be inconvenienced and irritated!! We got our letter today although we were made aware of it on Monday. The letters have been in the post since 3 Oct. I am really annoyed, in fact fuming probably better describes how I am feeling!!

We now have to go a day earlier and go with Longwoods - Gatwick to Taba. Our daughter and friend have to go on the 23rd but into Sharm and still with Libra. This has totally mucked up all our hotel/car parking and travelodge accommodation on the 29th Dec is now of no use to us.

Hope any others affected are able to sort it out.
Am flying Astraeus to Hurghada from Gatwick on Fri 14th Dec.

Do they use the 757 for this route and I note that we get a meal on the flight (bit of a novelty these days) but is it complimentary drinks or is it a 'pay bar' ?

What's the IFE like, if they use a 757 ?
balders,

Your flight numbers are 5W307/8 which are operated by a Boeing 757-200. For information about your flight, refer to Astraeus' website.

Darren
HI ,I flew back from Gambia with this co. booked through gambia experience. not definately not impressed,the aircraft seemed like ryanairs reject from the early 80s. you know the one with mickey mouse on the tail. it took forever to climb to its height,and was the worst experience i have ever had cheers maxie :D :D
Airline piloted by Iron Maiden singer collapses

UK charter carrier Astraeus Airlines, whose pilots included Iron Maiden lead singer Bruce Dickinson, has gone into administration. The Crawley-based company blamed a lack of business in 2011 for its decision to cease trading today.

Astraeus, which leased aircraft to other airlines, said it was making every effort to ensure that all passengers would be able to complete their journeys.

Dickinson flew the airline's last flight from Jeddah in Saudi Arabia to Manchester yesterday, according to the BBC.

Astraeus, owned by an Icelandic firm, leased aircraft to several other airlines, including BMI and Iceland Express. Yesterday, Iceland Express said it had arranged to lease aircraft from CSA Holidays, a subsidiary of Czech Airlines.

Iceland Express said that, as a result of the switch, it would operate newer aircraft on flights from London to Reykjavik. CSA Holidays will provide the budget carrier with two Airbus 320 aircraft, seating 180 passengers.

With permission from Travelmole
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.