Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
wasps in corfu
10 Posts
I've been to Corfu twice (last time in 2006) and I didn't notice a wasp problem. You will get some wasps at certain times which is to be expected in hot countries. Having said that, you've probably done recent research and maybe people who have been there this season will be able to advise you better than me.
Never had a problem at this time of year. Problems with wasps are usually in September.
We went 20th August to Sidari, and never noticed many wasps at all. However on a day trip to Paleokastritsa, there was billions of the annoying things.
i came back from sidari, corfu beg of sept and this year there were hardly any wasps, compared to the last four years, they were a nightmare, but everybody commented on how there wasnt many of them this year
You-ll be absolutely fine in July- we'v been going every july for last 4 yrs-(and July nxt year), and never had a problem. (Mosqutos on the other hand- now thata a different story!). However went Oct last year and the wasps were rife-we couldnt sit on our balcony for them- It is usually oct/nov- there a problem

belly
im glad this topic was started as i was going to ask as i go in two weeks.
We have just got back from Roda, there were a few wasps there but no more than in England to be honest. Quite a few Mossies though. :scratch:
Hi

Returned from Perama in Corfu on 20th September after a weeks holiday and I have never seen so many wasps as I did around the grounds of the hotel. Inside was fine but once you stepped outside you were surrounded by them and they were vey persisitent. I actually got stung through my costume whilst sitting on the jetty out at sea trying to avoid them! For anyone thinking of travelling next September be sure to pack a a cooling/anti sting pen as that really cooled the sting and helped with the redness. Still enjoyed ourselves though and it hasnt put us off going back though I will be wary next time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.