Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
hi
has any body used on the beach holidays to marmaris
i have a good deal for september
any information good or bad will do thanks
thanks ned
Hi nh, I booked with this company about two years ago for wife and I, at what I thought was a good deal.

After booking was confirmed and I got the final invoice to pay, it had went up by about £100 for return
transfers, which I thought were already included. I cancelled it there and then.

So make sure your transfers ARE included.

baz
ok thank you baz
i think i will go with travel republic
they are 999 pnds for 4 ppl
21 nts
thanks ned
We have used both otbeach and travel republic no problems at all with otbeach you get a free kids place with every two adults we only book accomadation only we get transfers separate with transferonly.com

Hope this helps :sun2
hi we used onthebeach last year in june and again in september, no problems whatsoever, we arranged our own transfers though, have a lovely holiday,
thank you

celine and angela
ned
i went to book with them last year and found that prices just kept going up and well they dont use the best of hotels either by looking at some of the reviews for the hotels they advertise
I booked accommodation with ot Beach in February 08 we are due to fly out in less than two weeks
Today I contacted the hotel to check my booking guess what They know nothing about any booking for us
I've e-mailed ot Beach for an explanation .
I will keep you updated when I get a reply

Coca
Hi
Update on my last post
In ot beach's paperwork there is a section you have to print out.This section you
hand in to your chosen hotel when you arrive,It contains the name of the tour co.
ot beach used for your accommodation, complete with your booking reference and a
help line phone number if you require any assistance while on holiday.
I contacted this help line who sent me an e-mail ,which claimed I was booked
into this hotel at my chosen dates ,it also contained there full postal address and
phone and fax numbers.
I sent a copy of this e-mail to the hotel in question.
this morning I received two e-mails ,one from the hotel to say everything was now ok,
the other from ot beach to say there agent had e-mailed me to say I was booked in.
Apart from me contacting the hotel.I don't know how the problem was resolved.

Coca
I would be reluctant to use OTB for any future holiday bookings.
They passed on the wrong name to ‘You Travel' who were booking our accommodation at the hotel. I spotted this error about 3 weeks before we were due to arrive at hotel but after around 20 e mails to OTB and You Travel who just kept on blaming each other and saying that it was up to the other company to sort out the problem. The wrong name was also given in relation to our so called free transfer - when we arrived at Sharm Airport we were not on the transfer list - when we arrived at the Hotel we were booked under the wrong name which caused a delay in booking in and some frustration trying to sort matters out.
The party we were travelling with were told on a number of occasions that free transfers were not included in their deal - even although the booking receipt stated free transfers. Due to being told that transfers were not included they went ahead and organised their own transfer via the internet about 2 weeks before the holiday. Around 10 days before the holiday OTB sent a free transfer voucher - too late and no refund available on the one they had already booked. When phoning OTB re a problem you are given their admin number and advised to call this............ after trying for over 1 hour I gave up at it just rings out.
OTB only act as a middleman - in future I will deal directly with companies such as First Choice/ Thomson Fly to book my flight and Hotels4U etc to book accommodation. Will probably work out cheaper and less hassle free when faced with any problems.
I will certainly not be using the services of OTB in the future. I travel abroad around 4/5 times a year and this company have been the least helpful when a problem occurs..........as outlined above.
Hi jamstu77, have you seen the holiday complaint site, topic hotel closed.It mentions hotels4you.
Yes I have a tip for anyone thinking of using this outfit called "On THE Beach" - and it's DON'T BOTHER. they advertise a price match and dont keep their word - for the same holiday, same dates, same airport, same board, etc. etc. they refused to match the difference. I will be using "Travel Republic" again, as they are honest and far cheaper than these other amateurs who inflate costs with all sorts of add-on's after you've clicked the select holiday button.

Hope this helps someone, as I for one hate being taken for a mug.

Thank you

Colin Stewart. 03/09/08

UPDATE: Eventually after a very long hassle, Management agreed that their staff were out of order, and deducted the difference in holiday cost. However they would not honour the difference with the transfers, so I would have been better off by around £50 by booking with "Travel Republic" and would not have had all the hassle, which quite frankly put a downer on the holiday before it even started.
We enjoyed our holiday after all we had been through, though have decided that we WILL NOT use "On The Beach" in the future, due to the sheer lack of common sense by staff, and the upset it causes.
There were some comments on the BBC web site with regard to Goldtrail and one of the comments was that On the Beach was, allegedly another branch of Goldtrail. It is comment 20 as after you scroll down the summary of the prog Watchdog.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/03/goldtrail_holidays.html
While it is inappropriate for us to attempt to respond to everyone's posts on an open forum such as this, we do want to assist where possible. We request any customer who requires our assistance to e-mail On the Beach at forums@otbeach.com supplying their booking reference number. We can assure all of our customers that we will investigate your comments thoroughly.
neknit :wave:

There were some comments on the BBC web site with regard to Goldtrail and one of the comments was that On the Beach was, allegedly another branch of Goldtrail. It is comment 20 as after you scroll down the summary of the prog Watchdog.

It has been removed from the BBC website as it is not true, so I assume that reference should probably be removed from your post :que

On The Beach Holidays also trade as On the Beach, I book holidays & Otbeach.

Goldtrail who have nothing to do with OTB also trade as Sunmar Holidays.
OnTheBeachHolidays wrote:
While it is inappropriate for us to attempt to respond to everyone's posts on an open forum such as this, we do want to assist where possible. We request any customer who requires our assistance to e-mail On the Beach at forums@otbeach.com supplying their booking reference number. We can assure all of our customers that we will investigate your comments thoroughly.

Here's my take with this appaling company.
I have booked twice this year with them on 08/04/2009 I booked a 2 week hotel stay in Benidorm at a very good price of Total Cost: £204.73, 14 hours after placing the order I recieved a phone call asking me to pay a further £190 for the hotel nice of them to offer this yes, But as I had booked the flight and the transfer I was well out of pocket already, I decided to cancel.
18/06/09 I booked 2 flights to Dalaman on 22/06/2009 innitial price of £382 so I thought then after submitting all the details was then asked if I wnted to take baggage cost £30, And also if I wanted meals I didnt choose that option so now price is £410, After entering c card details and submit button im now charged £440, Now here's me thinking about what happened the 1st time with this company and said to myself right Im not going to book the hotel and car hire untill I recieve proper confirmation after 48 hours of my flight, I thought to myself your going to leave this late to book these, 14 hours after ordering I recieve another phone call from OTB stating that the flight was no longer available which is fair enough but hey they offered me another flight 3 days later for £120 more than I originally paid, Politely told both Line managers I spoke to that I didnt want what they offered, So anyone booking with this company in future should always wait for the final summary of your booking within 48 hours of your booking request being made.
I was assured by the 1st line manager that these mistakes dont happen very often at OTB, Well im afraid you have a 100% bad strike rate with me on the only 2 bookings I have made with your company.
I was also told today at 1.10 that an email would be sent confirming the cancelation guess what im still waiting!
Update
After emailing forums@otbeach.com yeterday, I got a reply from them today Sunday 21st June which is below note all refereence's to names email addresses and telephone numbers have been removed.

Thank you for placing an order with otb. We apologise that on this occasion the price of your order has increased.

Our website takes data from all the major flight and hotel suppliers and on occasions this data can become out of date very quickly. Where your original flights or hotel are available at an increased cost we will offer you the option to continue with the booking at the new price.

If this option is unsuitable then were available we will endeavor to offer you some alternatives.

We apologise that on this occasion we were unable to reach an agreement. We have now cancelled your order at no charge.

We hope we can be of assistance to you in the future. Should you have any further questions please contact us.

Now as these flights were infact cancelled on the 19th June, And the offer of flights was actually for three days later for £120 extra how many people would pay the extra charge, Not only that but I only got the official notifacation email of the cancelation 2 days after it was cancelled by myself, Now over to you OnTheBeachHolidays with a brief explanation, With thanks rwb46.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.