General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
:D Hi, no worries! He gets the same baggage allowance as the adults, because he's travelling as a "Free child", it makes no difference whatsoever. BBB.
Yes he'll get baggage allowance which is great because a 7 year old shouldn't use up too much weight so you can use the rest for goodies to bring back! :)
Fionay,
The only time children do not get a baggage allowance is when they are infants.

Loulou
Thanks everyone I have never managed to bag a free child place before so I am grateful for the clarification. As for the 7 year old not needing as much baggage Fat chance! He needs twice as much clothing as me!
It's so daft that infants don't get free baggage allowances when there are so many things to take for them.

Yes I know it's justa gripe but it's off my chest and I'll feel better.
It doesn't seem fair... but there is the added fuel costs to carry the baby's extra weight allowance. To be honest, they charge silly amounts for excess baggage, and I am sure they get their fuel supplement twice! Maybe they could raise the ticket prices slightly? I wouldn't object to paying an extra £1 each person to help parents out, I can see what a struggle they have. If they hid that extra supplement on top of prices, then they'd make their money back, and save a lot of needy parents. I paid an extra £1 for some charity when I booked my holiday, small contributions can really make a big difference, and I hope that when I have kids, the favour will be returned!

Parents with infants should also get more hand luggage allowance, for bottles, nappies etc...
Yes but the thing is they probably do put the extra pound on the prices and then greedily get it off the parents too just because they can!
I also wouldnt object to paying an extra couple of pounds for the baby baggage :D

Do you know if passangers with babies get on the plane first for holiday trips ?

What happens with the buggies ?

Cheers

t
:D No,young babies /Infants, do not have the option of getting on the plane first. It's usually people with a disability, who have this option. BBB.
Yes they do! Suppose it just depends on the airline, but they usually call for people with special needs or disabilitys and parents with young children to come forward first. Personally I always waited right till last, as no point on sitting on a cramped plane with a baby any longer than you need to!

Catherine x
:D Like you said, it must depend on the airline, because a couple we were talking with a young baby had been refused on the plane first, when they had asked at Leeds/Brad airport last August.
As far as I remember they call disabled passengers and those with babies first.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.