Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
whats happended to the hotel reviews - I was having a look the other day and there were some recent posts - it looks like the latest posts are now dated as far back as 2004?? :que It is the Majorca reviews I was looking at - ie Sa Marina & Sol Cala D'or. I often nose at these hotels as I have been there and due to fly out again shortly.

I couldn't log on yesterday so maybe something happened?

Just thought i'd let you know :)
Yes hippyjak, it is a complete mess. The site was down for much of the day yesterday for server upgrade work, and since then reviews have been displayed in reverse and sometimes random date order. Hopefully it is something which might be fixed easily and quickly, as it is far from user friendly as it is.

David :wave
Thanks for the swift reply as always!! Just thought I was going a bit loopy and that I'd imagined the recent reviews haha!!

Hope it's easy for you all to sort out. Don't envy you one bit! :(
Hi hippyjak ... display order is now sorted, there is an explanation HERE from Van.

David :wave
After the recent problems with the hotel reviews, I've just been looking at the last 3 hotel reviews I posted after holidays to the Canary islands in the last couple of years and every one of them has been been cut off in mid-sentence with a fair bit of the review missing ? :que

Links to the reviews posted below

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/gran-canaria/puerto-rico/terraza-mar-suites-apartments/

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/fuerteventura/corralejo/oasis-papagayo-apartments/

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/tenerife/playa-de-las-americas/villa-mandi-golf-resort-hotel/
  • Edited by Robbo11 2010-08-03 20:40:54
Please can someone add:

priory view, coldingham, scotland

to the lists please. I have stayed there a few times and its about time I did a review...

Many thanks.
Val.
Above added. :tup

Robbo11 wrote:
After the recent problems with the hotel reviews, I've just been looking at the last 3 hotel reviews I posted after holidays to the Canary islands in the last couple of years and every one of them has been been cut off in mid-sentence with a fair bit of the review missing

It's been mentioned Robbo - Van will be aware when he comes online. Thanks
Hi
I would like to put review of a hotel that is not listed. It is the Babadan Hotel, in Icmeler. You do have the Babadan Apartments, who are run by the same people but not the hotel itself. They are not next to each other in the resort but are two streets apart.

Thank you
Dawnie-Rob
Apologies about the cut off...

This appears to have been caused on the longer reviews that I carried over from the old server.

I will begin going through each one tomorrow to ensure that they have all come across. This has affected only longer reviews which for some reason were cut off on the export of the data. I still have the data so will sort them all.

Regards

Van
Just to keep you informed re the cut off reports...

This has now been passed onto the techies to look into as it was an error they appear to have caused on the data transfer.

Am sure we'll get it sorted.

Regards

Van :tup
Robbo...

Can you now check your reports...I believe I've finally cracked that side of things and a confirmation from you that all your reports appear ok would be appreciated.

Regards

Van
Hi there

please can you add

Filitsa Apartments
Tingaki, Kos
Thomas Cook

Many thanks Lou
Robbo...

Can you now check your reports...I believe I've finally cracked that side of things and a confirmation from you that all your reports appear ok would be appreciated.

Regards

Van

Everything looks fine with the hotel reviews now thanks Van. However, it looks like the resort reports now show the oldest reviews at the top of the page so to view the more relevant, up-to-date recent posts you have to scroll to the bottom of the page. Not a problem when there are only a few reviews but can be a pain if there are many. Any chance of us having the most recent back at the top of the page again like the hotel reviews ?
Van's aware of resort reports Robbo but thanks for letting us know :tup
Hi

Having just returned from Turkey and wishing to post a review about the hotel I stayed in I have noticed that the hotel in named incorrectly.

Under the hotel reviews it says Izer Hotel, the correct name is CLUB IZER BEACH HOTEL in Torba. Maybe people will post reviews about this hotel if the name was altered.

Thanks

Louise
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.