Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
wow! That sounds amazing. We have another Goa poet :D
Fantastic Andy ... so nicely put together :D sounds idyllic .......
Sorry I'm no poet Fiona !

But I agree with Andy, staying in a tent by the beach is also my idea of paradise. But one night isn't enough for me, that's why after discovering the joy of "camping" in Goa, I return every year for 3 weeks :D
There are no cheeky monkeys where I stay just the usual wildlife, and Freddy the friendly frog, who likes to join me for a shower. :oops:
Oh Andy that sounds idyllic, :D I want to go now! I am definitely going to book this trip, please let me know where I can book it. We are going in December for Christmas and New Year and I am sure my children would love the monkeys! If there is any more you can say about South Goa I would be sooo interested as it is our first time to the South. :lol:
sounds like an absolute dream.........................
Totally agree with you Andy, Cola Beach is by far the best place in Goa!! Absolute paradise!

We stayed there for two weeks in March this year, not sure if at the same place though. Our place had tents and huts and was called Blue Lagoon. There are two resorts that look similar, i assume your one was up the beach a bit and not next to the lagoon as you said the food and drink was inclusive in the price. We had a great time it was soooo peaceful, we got really friendly with the owner and staff, they took us sea, rock and lagoon fishing for free!! The food is lovely there and really cheap. The price for accomodation is much cheaper if you just turn up there without pre-booking, we paid 500rps/night - works out at about 6 pound!! This is in low season though, i think it goes up to about 1500rps in high, its a lot cheaper than the others around there though. The owner is called Ajay, he is the most genuine person we met whilst on our travels in Goa. Definitely worth a visit if you go to South Goa......
There seem to be four resorts around Cola beach now, spoilt for choice, has anyone been to one of them recently, and can give some tips ?
http://www.dwarkagoa.com/

http://bluelagoongoa.com/index.html

http://sonecacolabeach.com/tent.html

http://www.colabeach.com/index.html

x lassi
Sounds absolutely perfect.........that's a date then, see you all there :D Fizz
Made enquiries to one of those and was quoted 9000 rupes for 2 nights and including pick up from hotel in Calangute-about £130 :)
I'm off to Dwarka is was 4000rs a night per hut inc all food. Can't wait sounds amazing!
Mardon,
Thats a good price , the price i was quoted was for 2 adults and all food, pick up from the hotel- i sent of a query to dwarka too!
Sounds about right. mine was 8000rs for two nights. He's sending a taxi for 500rs to Palolem. So if I was to get it return that would work out a total of 9000rs for 2 people for 2 nights inc taxi.

I'll just going print the emails off and take them with me. From what i've read he seems a top bloke so there shouldn't be any problems.
I stayed at Dwarka for one night on January the 5th. It was very idyllic, real heaven on earth. Dead romantic too. Food there was great but the bar prices a bit steep for Goa.

Only one problem - I didnt sleep all night.... We had a beach party in the evening where all the guests gathered round for drinks and a sing song around the campfire - one of the funniest nights ive had in yrs. Someone then decided to pass around a mobile phone and say 'Look what I had on my pillow earlier' It was a huge black Scorpion!! I thought I was going to die.

Someone then chirped up 'Oh that's nothing, I saw this on the cistern when I got up in the middle of the night to use the loo' He then preceded to pass around his digital camera. This is what it was:

WARNING IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/946/30000056.JPG

That was it!! I got into bed, tucked every corner and side of the blanket in i could, wrapped my pashmina around my head so my face and head was totally covered. I layed there all night like an Egyptian mummy and had not one wink of sleep.Made worse by the fact Mr Ellibee had had lots to drink and snored all night long. On a waking in the morning he said 'Mmm that was the best night sleep I've had for a long time' I could have killed him!!

Would I do it again? No, but im so glad I experienced it. Camping in any shape or form isn't for me.
oh No! I,m having second thoughts now and i havn't had the courage to look at your pics. yet! :yikes
I'm really glad you shared that with me thanks :duh

Dont you have nets over the beds? Just hope my GirlFriend doesn't read that or I wont be getting any sleep for two nights. :rofl
Sorry guys.

Mardon no, no nets but it may be possible to get one if you emailed in advance. Aside from that it was a great experience and as I was awake all night I did get to hear some amazing wildlife sounds :rofl
Well that makes my frog seem very tame Elliebee :wave:
Just got to ask - were the amazing wildlife sounds coming from outside or inside the tents, I've heard some good ones :rofl
x lassi
Outside Lassi. I could hear Monkeys calling and things jumping across on the tree canopy and even things scuttling across the roof of the hut. These I told myself were lizards as they dont bother me.
To pass the time i was doing a David Attenborough style commentary to myself in my head. Thought that would work as well as counting sheep but it didn't lol. At sunrise it was Dogs howling to eachother.
Soneca is where we stayed - excellent, can't praise the place enough. The blue lagoon looked very nice also, as it is only a 15 min walk along the beach past the fishing boats.
Spike.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.