Top restaurants in the South

1. Johncys ( Benaulim)
2. River View (Cavelossim)
Palm Grove(Cavelossim)
Venice Garden( Margao)
Longuinhos (Margao)
Joecons ( Benaulim)
Hi Fiona,

There are two new restaurants opening shortly, one is called Horizon and it is on the main Candolim road just on the corner where you turn to go to whispering palms, it is brand new and we had a tour yesterday it looks lovely and you can also see you meals being prepared, in addition to that they also rent rooms of very high standards, the other Restaurant is in Nerul follow the panjim road past Prazeres hotel as the road forks take right fork and go over the bridge as you go over the bridge 100 yards on the right there is a little road which takes you down to the restaurant which is called POSH it is the sister restaurant to After 7 but i think Leo is only going to open for breakfast and dinner although you would have to clarify that with Leo at the After 7.

Keeping a low profile all those angry members could cost me a fortune in drinks.

Mike
We found a brilliant resturant in Calagute last year, it is run by a british couple Terry and Angela it is called the " Why not prayjot" and it is opposite the Falcon Resort in Calungute, they do Sunday Roasts to die for. Last year they did the full works Christmas Dinner on Christmas Day, it was a brilliant atmosphere on Christmas Day, even though we were all sat in shorts and t shirts.

I am not a great lover of spicy food although my hubby will eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so it is nice to know that there is a resturand that cooks PROPER food, for when you cant take any more spices. The steak pie is beautiful, and they also serve CIDER.
Electric Cats in Baga, just before the Cavala Resort, Garlic and Cheese nan to die for. :D
The Lemon Tree Hotel's alfresco restaurant, Candolim. It's a tad expensive by Goan prices but it beats the likes of Johncys, Joecons and After Seven.

edit
moved to North thread
Hi Hari what would you class as expensive? In After 7 you can get a three course meal and a couple of drinks each and the total bill will be about £20-£25 per a couple. A bit more expensive by Goan standards, but for us, still cheap and great value.
I dont mind paying a bit extra to go somewhere nice/special, thats why I was asking you about the prices etc thanks :D
I am sorry I cannot be too precise, but as we stay at the Lemon Tree they bill when we leave but I am pretty sure that it was dearer than the After 7 by about £10 ~ £15, but the ambiance is a bit nicer than the After 7 (which is high up on our top 10 Goan restaurants).

The tables are set under a large Frangipani Tree and there is regular live music.

Regards
Sounds very nice indeed Hari. Will put it on our places to go for either November or March, thanks again.
The Bistro
Le feniche - Candolim road towards Baga.
Marios Beach Road
Cecilias
Inferno
All in Candolim
Hi everyone.

For those of you who prefer english food or have digestive problems with spices, try the restaurant at the Royal Heritage Hotel in Calangute. (near the Nizmar). George and Michelle have taken over the running of it this season and are hoping that it will be a great success so anyone who is interested in trying their menu, please do go along. They are also doing english breakfasts, so I will definitely be going :lol: (Poached eggs are off til I get there as I'm delivering the poacher) :roll: :lol:

Also, George has recommended another restaurant which I think he said is called the Golden Shell at Calangute (near the Kamat). Happy eating everyone :)
151 hits and no comments - I thought someone would at least swear at me for this thread :lol:
Fizzy2.. its a thing I have never had out side of the hotel ..(breakfast )but can you tell me how much a full english breakfast would cost in goa ...and what its like ......http://bestsmileys.com/eating2/5.gif
Hi Colleen, full english brekky is very nice and I know that the bacon my friends are using is from the UK (don't know about other brekky places):lol: Not sure about price as I don't worry about it - they are cheap enough though and well worth paying for. I'm not sure exactly what my friends will have on their menu but they like their food so I know it will be good. Try it and see, if you don't like what they serve, you can try somewhere different. Lots of people also go to Kenny's which is further up from Royal Heritage on the opposite side of the road. Good pancakes there :lol: I don't have english brekky every day, just now and again, but it fills you up for the day so you don't need anything until the evening...by then you are ready for your evening meal. My appetite always fluctuates when we are in Goa - must be the heat.
Sounds quite nice, maybe we will go and try the brekkie. Ive had "English" breakfast before at Brittos, Baga Beach and the only word to describe it was VILE :yuck
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.