Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Jamiec,

Continentral use Boeing 757-224ET's (ETOPS) which have around 187 seats rather than the standard 235 seats so there's plenty of room inside them. IFE is ceiling mounted screens. Some people prefer the extra legroom offered on the 757 service over the usual widebodies. I'm sure you'll have great flights.

Darren
Thanks Darren.

We flew from Dublin last year but got a 767 and it was great with the seat back TV's etc.

May just take a good book for the 7 hours :lol:

Would anyone know the best seats to sit at on a 757-200 international to see the overhead tv's?

I have check seatguru.com and it doesn't state this.

Just don't fancy sitting for 7 hours breaking my neck to see the tv or squinting if im too far away :lol:

Oh only rows 25+ are left available, we are in 24 a&b now but can move seats on their website.

Thanks a lot
JaimeC :wave
:lol: Continental airlines flights can be booked through there web site, and they make an offer of IF YOU CAN FIND CHEAPER they will give you the differance in cash if its over $10 , and also GIVE YOU A $100 TRAVEL VOUCHER :cry: NOW the bad news, you must do it within 24 hours of your booking, THE FREE PHONE NUMBER TO RING THEM IS 0800 028 5003 and tell them you want to claim , :D the good news is http://www.bargainholidays.com are usually cheaper so depending when you go you should make something called a bonus. happy flights :lol:
Hi

what planes do Continental use for gatwick - cleveland
and phoenix - gatwick? and is this liable top change by this time next year?

I'm planning next years trip already! we flew virgin this year and not over impressed with them but did hear that many US airlines have more legroom - is that right?

thanks
scrutineer,

Those flights (CLV-LGW / LGW-CLV; Flight No's: CO0066/67) are showing as a Boeing 757-200.

As far as I know, CO don't have a direct flight from Pheonix to LGW, you'd have to come back via Houston (Boeing 777-200ER), of Cleveland, as above. The flights from Pheonix to Houston / Clevland are showing as a Boeing 737-800/900.

Darren
Hi,
Has anyone flown with Continental Airlines recently?
I am flying Manchester to New York in 3 weeks and have read loads of negative reviews about the airline.
Are they really that bad?!!

EDIT: Merged with existing topic
David HT Mod
Rockerbok,

There's a few reviews on Car Survey.org. CO have gone back to twice daily flights from MAN and now use 2x Boeing 757-200ER's instead of a single, larger Boeing 767-300/400.

Darren
I'm looking around for flights to NY for next May and at the moment Continental are coming up at £700 for 2 return flights direct from Manchester.
Has anyone ever flown this route? Would love some feedback on the airline for things such as comfort, efficiency, luggage restrictions etc. Also, do they offer online check in?

Thanks
puddleduck2,

CO have been using 2x Boeing 757-200's to cover the flights from MAN to New York Liberty (Newark). They used to use Boeing 777's and 767's but they switched to 2x wingletted 757's a while ago. There is a roumer they're going back to a single 777, but I'm not sure how much truth there is in that. When I've been at the airport on photo shoots, they always seem to depart on time. Their interiors are pretty basic compared to other airlines with ceiling mounted IFE. There's a seating plan on Seatguru which might help. They have a twin cabin configuration with 159 seats in economy and 16 in first. Seat pitch is 31" in economy, 55" in first.

This is a trip report from a fellow Airliners.net contributor.

Hope that helps,

Darren
For those of you who have flown Continental, is the cabin service free or do we pay for drinks?
puddleduck2,

You'll find all the information you'll need on the Continental in-flight services page. All non-alcoholic drinks are complimentory.

Safe flights,

Darren
Thanks Darren - I didn't think to look there!
Looking on their website I am eligible to check in online with Continental for our flight next month. I can't find anywhere though that tells me if there's a fast bag drop or equivilant at Manchester or if I still have to stand in the check-in queue. It's not a problem I can ask once we get there (or it may even tell me when I'm using the online process) but in the meantime does anyone know?
Thanks.
We have just returned from a round trip to the usa with transfers at newark to continental express and after two previous trips via washington dulles I can say this trip was a comparative pleasure. The a/c are still 757-200 and were not as cramped as I imagined they would be, the cabin staff were very helpful and were very efficient considering the restricted room in the gangway. Non alcoholic drinks are free and alcoholic drinks are 5 dollars each. Free headphones are provided and blankets and headcushions for night flights.Economy luggage is two bags at 23Kgs each plus hand bggage. The flights were mainly on time and the only delays were caused by airport stands not being free on arrival each way.
We flew out on Sat at 0930 on CO21 and on arrival at Newark had to arrive at Term B instead of C,monorail transfer to next terminal no problem, immigration was unbelievably easy(unlike Dulles) and as there were many more non usa arrivals inc flight from Frankfurt, the guy in charge quickly distributed all the passengers to the slots normally used by us residents, this relieved the usual crowding and even the immigration guy made some jokes and was extremely pleasant which is a very welcome change.
I found Newark to be a very modern and light airport with lots of windows (yes you can see manhattan in the distance).
The flight back was very quick ground speed of over 620 mph and no problems on arrival at Manchester.
Anyone travelling with continental on an e ticket should have no problem as they e mail any flight change time and both our connecting flights had time changes notified well in advance, and being able to select seats on the continental website is a bonus although we booked through E Bookers.
For those thinking of hiring a car book through uk and get a better deal as all insurance etc is included, on us sites you have to add it onto the fees shown.
We are flying to New York with Continental Airlines on Saturday. We booked it all through Expedia and are being issued with E-tickets so we haven't had any paperwork. Looking on their website, it says that you are allowed '2 Checked Bags: with each being a Maximum 50 lbs (23 kg)'. Can anyone confirm that this is correct as we don't want to end up with lots of excess.
Many thanks,
Sunaholic
Sunaholic,

That is correct. Economy passengers have an allowance of 2x peices up to 23kg each. Everthing is listed on their website. I've just enjoyed the same allowance with Bmi to Antigua, the first time I've been able to take all my diving equipment and cameras without compromise!

Darren
Continental prepares for Heathrow debut

Continental Airlines starts flights from Heathrow Airport to both New York and Houston on Monday

The Heathrow flights have been made possible by the new Open Skies agreement between the US and the European Union.

Continental's flight CO28 from Newark is scheduled to be the first aircraft of the new-entrant carriers to arrive at Heathrow on March 30, at 07.30.

The carrier will run four daily departures from Heathrow - two to New York and two to Houston - the largest operation of any of the new-entrant airlines at Heathrow.

Continental's Heathrow flights will operate from Terminal 4, which will be the future base for all SkyTeam carriers operating at the airport.

The airline will continue to offer flights from Gatwick to New York (twice daily), Houston (daily) and Cleveland (daily, seasonal).

Heathrow flights will be operated by 283-seat Boeing 777-200, carrying 48 passengers in the BusinessFirst cabin and 235 in economy, and 174-seat Boeing 767-200ER, with 25 BusinessFirst seats and 149 economy seats.

The Gatwick flights will be operated using 235-seat Boeing 767-400ER, with 35 BusinessFirst seats and 200 economy seats, and 175-seat Boeing 757-200, carrying 16 passengers in BusinessFirst and 159 in economy.

CEO and chairman Larry Kellner said: "Continental has waited a long time to gain access to Heathrow and this is a great day for us, as well as for all transatlantic travellers.

"We can now provide our customers with what they have requested - the opportunity to fly to both of London's main airports with their preferred airline."

With permission from Travelmole
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.